IGNORED

Pompey Replay

Abraham Romanovich

Just seen that Birmingham City season Ticket holders are let in for free for their 3rd tie against Wolves.

Whilst not saying this should have been the case here, there would have surely been almost 100% take up if the price had been set at a tenner, whilst non season ticket holders could have tickets say at £15.00.

I reckon we will be lucky to get 14000 with the consequence of the lack of big match atmosphere having a negative effect on the team.

Should we win we face another home tie against less attractive opposition and presumably another wedge of cash to find.

I just get the feeling that supporters are taken for granted.

Guest churchill gaffer
Just seen that Birmingham City season Ticket holders are let in for free for their 3rd tie against Wolves.

Whilst not saying this should have been the case here, there would have surely been almost 100% take up if the price had been set at a tenner, whilst non season ticket holders could have tickets say at £15.00.

I reckon we will be lucky to get 14000 with the consequence of the lack of big match atmosphere having a negative effect on the team.

Should we win we face another home tie against less attractive opposition and presumably another wedge of cash to find.

MOAN,MOAN,MOAN!!!!!

If you don't want City to make a profit, stay away!

Birminghams season tickets are a lot more than ours!

And yes it won't be any more than 14,000. (It's a cup game, and on TV. The league comes first)

MOAN,MOAN,MOAN!!!!!

And yes it won't be any more than 14,000. (It's a cup game, and on TV. The league comes first)

What about the £80,000 windfall from the tv rights, penny and the bun :disapointed2se:

MOAN,MOAN,MOAN!!!!!

What a ridiculous comment, all I'm suggesting that in the current economic climate , post Christmas debt, City could have made their ticket prices more attractive .

What a ridiculous comment, all I'm suggesting that in the current economic climate , post Christmas debt, City could have made their ticket prices more attractive .

Of course they could and should have, £59 for my lot, up the pub and a nice meal for us, stuff the FA cup

We`ve done this before but 12/13,000 max £15 would of been a more realistic price; even free tickets, talking £30 quid for expenses :noexpression:

Why £15 GOB, The most important thing is to get the fans down the gate to get behind the boys and win the bloody match, next round = more money in the coffers, win that and then a decent Prem team away, more money, £80,000 in the bin before a ball is kicked you would have though that as long as the club covered all expenses and made a profit on the night they would be happy, after the record ST sales this season and the support home and away they could have done a darn site better than what they want for this match, give something back to the fans would be nice, not a poxy couple of quid off :disapointed2se:

Why £15 GOB, The most important thing is to get the fans down the gate to get behind the boys and win the bloody match, next round = more money in the coffers, win that and then a decent Prem team away, more money, £80,000 in the bin before a ball is kicked you would have though that as long as the club covered all expenses and made a profit on the night they would be happy, after the record ST sales this season and the support home and away they could have done a darn site better than what they want for this match, give something back to the fans would be nice, not a poxy couple of quid off :disapointed2se:

Rock on :dancing6: I know its business and our club has to make money but its hardly a "price slash" yeah I know Pompey must have a say to and their share but, £15 and I`d of thought about it; a tenner and I`d be there. :noexpression:

Many are looking for the cheaper options now and shelling out at least 50quid to go to a game of footie aint it. :disapointed2se:

I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again, I can't believe how City can boast of slashing the ticket prices for the replay, and yet the normal FULL price for a league game and Doncaster BRAND NEW stadium is a couple of quid cheaper.

Why do I somehow suspect that when if we get a new stadium, the costs will go up even more to cover the cost of the rebuild???!!!!

When leaving Portsmouth i was confident of winning the replay with a packed out Ashton Gate roaring us on, even GJ more or less said it on the world interview!

But now i'm not too sure, all this ill-feeling over tickets and ticket prices.

Last time this happened? Wembley.

Moan moan moan.

Trust me, Birmingham may have used this incentive for their Wolves tie but:

a) Wolves are in the same division as them, and they played each other just a month ago

b) Brums ticket prices are normally hugely expensive. They are a much bigger club than us but only average around 18k due to these prices.

This is a tie against a Premier League team. You cant expect BCFC to make tickets ridiculously cheap, £22 isnt too bad really. Come on guys, get yourselves down the Gate and support the team!!

Moan moan moan.

Trust me, Birmingham may have used this incentive for their Wolves tie but:

a) Wolves are in the same division as them, and they played each other just a month ago

b) Brums ticket prices are normally hugely expensive. They are a much bigger club than us but only average around 18k due to these prices.

This is a tie against a Premier League team. You cant expect BCFC to make tickets ridiculously cheap, £22 isnt too bad really. Come on guys, get yourselves down the Gate and support the team!!

Get stuffed

As the ticket money is shared between the two clubs, after expenses of the Home Club and the

Away Club (Travel/Accomadation) and VAT are deducted.

The rules for the FA Cup state that the club can only issue 50 free/complimentary tickets for each team.

Anything in excess to this must be accounted for at the price at which they would have been sold.

City would make a loss and Donny will still get there share.

The Tv money is nothing compared to the gate recipts, if it's £18 ticket on average that makes £250,000 with 14,000 in, a lot of money to the club, no sense in making it free. Anyway I would think more like 16-17000 will be there.

It'll be 12-13,000 at most. Only just over half of season ticket holders have bought tickets, we normally only sell around 2-3,000 ontop of season tickets for even our highest attended home league games (Birmingham was 18,000+ of which 2,000 ish were from Birmingham). So, 7,500 season ticket holders plus 2,500 for members and general sale total 10,000. If Pompey sell their entire allocation it'll make the attendance 12,800.

I always have problems understanding the thought process that is used when city price these sort of games.£22 is £6 less than I would have paid for a one off game for where i sit, but only paid £20 at Pompey ( all be it in a bike shed).

Obviously for the Atyeo and Wedlock ends £22 is no great saving at all.

If they wanted to make it a one price ticket what would be wrong with £20, have they never heard of price pointing?

I suspect someone spent too long with a calculator working the margins out rather than what price would fill the stadium, the poor uptake from season ticket holders,which was totally predictable, illustrates my point.Empty seats bring in no revenue.

Any price reduction is good news, don`t get me wrong,how they get there mystifies me.

Some right moaners out as usual.

Not sure why some people are happy for Lansdown to pile in millions, but freak when the club offers a couple of quid off normal prices for an FA cup game.

If its too much, then don't attend.

totally agree + hope like with away travellers getting priority for tickets, people who go to the FA cup games will deserve priority if we draw a big big club in future rounds (obviously assuming we get through!!)

totally agree + hope like with away travellers getting priority for tickets, people who go to the FA cup games will deserve priority if we draw a big big club in future rounds (obviously assuming we get through!!)

Sad really that some fans have priorities to, like paying mortgage, rates buying food and petrol etc; buy my ticket and pay my expenses and I`ll be there :disapointed2se: but yeah you deserve priority being considerably better off than me. :disapointed2se:

Some right moaners out as usual.

Not sure why some people are happy for Lansdown to pile in millions, but freak when the club offers a couple of quid off normal prices for an FA cup game.

If its too much, then don't attend.

Maybe; If SL had my overdraft and debts he wouldnt go either; then again if I had his I would. :dunno:

• Admin

I personally don't mind paying the £22 (plus booking fee) for the game as I understand as a loss-making club we need to maximise our revenue to the fullest but I do find it insulting every time there's a new article on the O/S claiming prices have been "slashed" for this game. Slashed suggests that they'd be significantly reduced, not just £1 cheaper than a matchday ticket currently costs in the Atyeo.

If the wording was "reduced" I would feel far less offended. Every time I read the word "slashed" on there I get the impression they think we are all simple idiots who will swallow any line they give us & actually makes me more hesitant to spend money at the ground whilst I am there.

Archived