IGNORED

Crystal Ball Time..

garlicbread

Lose 3-0.

0-0 first half as we ineffectively chip the ball at Portsmouth's centre halves who have it very easy. They score off a set piece in the second half and then twice on the break as we chase the game.

Hope I'm wrong obviously, but I just can't see how we're going to unlock a decent defence with how we're likely to line up.

Lose 3-0.

0-0 first half as we ineffectively chip the ball at Portsmouth's centre halves who have it very easy. They score off a set piece in the second half and then twice on the break as we chase the game.

Hope I'm wrong obviously, but I just can't see how we're going to unlock a decent defence with how we're likely to line up.

Can someone block this defeatists ticket so the bad vibes don't spread? :whistle2:

Have faith, Pompey are a poor team at the moment whereas we are showing signs on improvement. Plus our fans add an extra summat.

Can someone block this defeatists ticket so the bad vibes don't spread? :whistle2:

Have faith, Pompey are a poor team at the moment whereas we are showing signs on improvement. Plus our fans add an extra summat.

Not defeatist, just realistic. I'll be 100% behind the team as always.

Pompey's form over the last 10 league games is very similar to ours and obviously they're playing far better sides.

Obviously I hope the two decent performances we've had recently turn into a run but I'm not counting on it because the fundamental problems are still there.

Lose 3-0.

Set plays from Pompey are a massive threat. Fingers crossed we get a home performance more ala Palace than most of the others this season.

1-1 in the normal game.

Our Midfield once again lacking that alternate attacking option.

Into extra time it's anyones call. If you think that Pompey are a premier league team and play the fastest and fittest teams in europe week in week out they are going to have the fitness edge on us. However if you look at our current results we surely have both the morale and confidence backing to pull together as a team. Who knows it could go to penalties...only we don't have Weale at the mo and Yakubu plays for Everton now!

1-1 in the normal game.

Our Midfield once again lacking that alternate attacking option.

Into extra time it's anyones call. If you think that Pompey are a premier league team and play the fastest and fittest teams in europe week in week out they are going to have the fitness edge on us. However if you look at our current results we surely have both the morale and confidence backing to pull together as a team. Who knows it could go to penalties...only we don't have Weale at the mo and Yakubu plays for Everton now!

Managing to criticise the midfield before the game. excellent.

Reckon it will come down to how Adams has them fired up. It can go either way. If they're players come out fighting for him we are going to get thumped. But if the dressing room speech has no effect our boys should take full advantage and nick it 1-0.

My guess is they'll come here for a fight and nick it 2-1.

If we can keep Kranjcar well marshalled then we have a chance. I thought he was their biggest threat in the first match. McCombe did well against Crouch, and we were without Maynard and McIndoe. If we play Styvar or even Dele with Maynard up front I reckon we could cause an upset. SJ did very little in the first game and I can't see him adding much of a threat if he plays. But :fingerscrossed:

Lose 3-0.

If we play Maynard and McIndoe I would hope that we don't do the stupid "chip the ball at Portsmouth's centre halves" tactic.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing Maynard running at Campbell!! :sunwon:

Effectively we could be starting with a new formation/team (with pace in it this time) compared with the first game. I'm not sure that Portsmouth will be any different though apart perhaps from GJohnson (that's Glenn of course...).

So 2-0 to us with 15100 watching. :pray:

Archived