IGNORED

To All Reds In Exile-

Bob4Jane

I am living in Exile, in central Reading and just wondered:

1) Anyone going to be in a pub watching the games on Tuesday/Saturday in Reading?

2) Would it be useful to set up networks(sub forum?) for exiles? Or is this occasional "Where can I watch the game in safety?" not annoying to the loyal Bristol residents?

Good shout for an Exiles sub-forum. Might put an end to all of those......... "Was that a City shirt on that bloke who just drove down (insert name of your town here) High Street just then? Wonder who he is........" moments!!

We're off to the Gate, leaving at 4pm (luckily 2 of us RugbyReds are on leave this week, and we're picking the third one up at the prison gates at 4 (he's a worker, not a guest!!!).

YOUREDS

With me being reknowned as one of the UK's leading least tecchie blokes, I don't know how to get an exile forum up and running. Any other remote reds know how to kick it off? Just leaving now for BS3..glad the price of unleaded has dropped a bit!

good idea I'm in notts wonder if theres any city fans in the area

yep i've been an exile since 2001, I now live in Twickenham and rarely get back to Bristol, sadly.

For the poster above that works in Bracknell in the week - who for? I lived there for a year and couldnt wait to get out. What a dump. And to think Barak Obama's step-mum lives there :D

i've just moved to norway and have jhad to give up my season ticket my satellite doesn't get set up till next week is there anyone who is more pc literate than me that knows how i might be able to watch todays game over my broadband or do i have to make do with the world commentary!!??

i've just moved to norway and have jhad to give up my season ticket my satellite doesn't get set up till next week is there anyone who is more pc literate than me that knows how i might be able to watch todays game over my broadband or do i have to make do with the world commentary!!??

Bemmie, check this site here: City on the web. The different streams offer varying quality and you may need to download some of the software to get the best quality or English commentary.

Hope this helps.

P.S. As a red that's been in exile in various parts of the country for the last 18 years, I think the sub-forum is a great idea.

For the poster above that works in Bracknell in the week - who for? I lived there for a year and couldnt wait to get out. What a dump. And to think Barak Obama's step-mum lives there :D

I've stayed in the Coppid Beech hotel for work once which was quite nice. There didn't appear to be anything at all in the rest of Bracknell though.

On the other hand, try Basingstoke. What a s**t hole....

Looks like you've been taken care of Bemmie

Up here in Chicago there is myself and Lukejones2, anyone else in the area please let me know. The match today is being broadcast live in Quigleys (an expat ran boozer) in Naperville (a West Chicago suburb)...

I am told there is a City expat forum out there on one of the many expat sites, however having one on our main board would be bloody useful to those of us with limited time to trawl the web....ANY CHANCE MODS/FORUM MANAGERS?

1) Anyone going to be in a pub watching the games on Tuesday/Saturday in Reading?

2) Would it be useful to set up networks(sub forum?) for exiles? Or is this occasional "Where can I watch the game in safety?" not annoying to the loyal Bristol residents?

I live in Tilehurst and work in central Reading. I watched Tuesday's game in the Gateway (formerly Scruffy Murphys) since they have Setanta as well as Sky. It was pretty quiet and the neutrals watching seemed to be supporting City. Today I shall be watching at home but I do think a network for exiles to meet up and watch future games, especially in Reading would be a good idea....

I do a 200 mile round trip for every home game is there anyone along the M4 junc 11 onwards who would want to share this?

Dan

Exiled to Portsmouth living in aldershot

Before moving to the states I lived in Guildford/Farnham for 35 years...I know your journey very very very well.

My dad is still living in Guildford and gets to games when he can but he's 78 now and not to great healthwise, however a couple of seasons ago he was one of the candidates for supporter of the year as he's been doing your journey since 1955.

Dad would happily share this with you if he ever gets fit enough to go again...Enjoy the game today UTC

There sure seems like some support for an exiles sub forum. Anyone with the knowledge wanna have a crack at it? I still feel it would be best if it were part of the OTIB site, as that is ALWAYS going to be the first port of call for us exiles anyway. As I've said before, I'm not too technicalolgical! The world wide interweb is still like rocket science to me. Typing with my tongue sticking out of ther side of my mouth is an advance on previous years though.

Benefits of an exiles sub forum? Organisation of lifts and regular meets locally, and a higher profile for BS3's finest nationally. Downsides? er.....can't think of any!

Loved Samo's plea earlier in the thread:

"I'm in Glasgow and struggle to find people who know who were are, let alone pubs who show our Sky games!"

Samo....I'm convinced you can't be the only RED in Glasgow, but I have an idea of how isolated you are feeling. I think I was the only City fan on Tenerife for the play-off final (yeah, I know....cr&p planning at the time!!).

I'm in Glasgow and struggle to find people who know who were are, let alone pubs who show our Sky games!

I was in Glasgow at the weekend and ended up watching it in the Sports Cafe. There were a couple of other City in there - perhaps you were one!

It's always nice to jook up with fellow reds for games.

Great idea. I met up with a few ahead of the Palarse match, but its difficult meeting fellow Robins fans in the South East.

For those in London and surrounding areas, we should at least have a designated pub to go to for matches (or go and take over a pub) - perhaps in Central London somewhere?

We might even get them to stock Natch if we go there regularly enough!! :icecream:

For those in London and surrounding areas, we should at least have a designated pub to go to for matches (or go and take over a pub) - perhaps in Central London somewhere?

Used to be The Sun Tavern in Covent garden. Was good as we would have the entire top floor booked up just for City fans

The Sports Cafe in Haymarket is the worst - they always shunt the City match onto tiny screens and don't even bother to give us commentary. The beer is also shit.

yep i've been an exile since 2001, I now live in Twickenham and rarely get back to Bristol, sadly.

I work for General Dynamics, we rent offices near the town centre (The Ring). And yes I agree the place is a dump.

Samo, I live in Glasgow although I am moving to Edinburgh for work in 2 weeks, Walkabout next to the big cinema off sauchiahall street shows the city games whenever I ask, got us on the big screen a few times this season already.....but your right nobody knows who we are, which is quite funny because we are probably better than 95% of the tripe I have watched in the SPL over the last 5 years....old firm in most cases included in that....IMO there should be at least an exiles club, or wishful thinking for me a BCFC scottish supporters club!

good idea I'm in notts wonder if theres any city fans in the area

There are a few of us in Nottingham, last year a guy called Lewis Boadle started a bit of a Nottingham sub forum and we were in regular contact during the play off games last season - a few guys did meet up to watch the Palace away game in Walkabout Bar in town - so given the right opportunity then there are enough around for a beer + game.

I have lived in West Bridgford for the last ten years - where are you?

Used to be The Sun Tavern in Covent garden. Was good as we would have the entire top floor booked up just for City fans

The Sports Cafe in Haymarket is the worst - they always shunt the City match onto tiny screens and don't even bother to give us commentary. The beer is also shit.

Sun Tavern, eh? Don't think I've ever been there. Do you think we could get that going again, perhaps for the next televised game?

I am also in exile , living in thatcham & working at theale. would be good to get a reading reds thread

Archived