IGNORED

Pompey Thread

DaveF

Excellent efforts from the lads on the pitch and in the crowd. We were very unlucky overall and dominated the 2nd half. It just wasn't meant to be.... The work rate was amazing though, especially from Sproule! I hope we start playing like that in league fixtures!

Well played boys, great game to watch. We were extremley unlucky, but the boys played for the shirt and did us all proud. top performances from Maynard, Sproule and LJ looked to effect the game and showed some good touches and creativity. great atmosphere and if we continue on from this performance were only going to progress up the league, cant wait for Saturday now!!

RR

Really proud of the lads, Sproule looked like a different player, Maynard is getting better every game, and I was also impressed with Styvar who looks to be able to hold the ball up well and has a great first touch. As for Portsmouth, we just couldn't break down a very substantial defence and Adams has no doubt put his sacking on hold for another week. I shall be placing a bet on Swansea to do them over that's for sure.

we'll win 3-0 9 times out of 10 playing like that.

Well done Nicky, super game, keep it up son. unlucky with the pen

Sproule... MACHINE? bloody awesome

LJ outstanding... anyone got any ducktape though. gobby little plonker going to get himself sent off soon

Marv :o he's BACK

carey... WALL

GREAT PERFORMANCE CITY BOYS

onwards back to WEMBLEY ;D

LJ was wound up by a few dodgy calls by the linesman culminating in him giving a goal kick when LJ had beaten a defender on the bye line and cut it back. The ball hadn't crossed the line.

BTW, did you hear when the mics picked up Sproule calling the same linesman a barsteward in the second half when he gave them a throw that was ours - that lino was completely hopeless, he missed everything. Carey also gave him some stick.

What amazed me was that LJ got booked for mouthing off at half time over one of many dreadful decisions yet Crouch was at it all night and got away without so much as a telling off.

I also heard Sproule, I'm not sure if Setanta have moe pitchside mics, but you could definately hear a lot more than you would on Sky.

BTW, did you hear when the mics picked up Sproule calling the same linesman a barsteward in the second half when he gave them a throw that was ours - that lino was completely hopeless, he missed everything. Carey also gave him some stick.

Yup, it was the same in every transmission all around the world :)

Archived