IGNORED

Amir Khan V Marco Antonio Barrera

bh red

Excellent piece of matchmaking, hats of to Warren!

A cocky prospect with a point to prove against a former champ who only 14 months ago was not at all out of place in the ring with the current pound for pound best, the Pacman.

If Khan wins, his detractors will start to wonder (although the Barrera=has-been line will come out). If he loses, fair play for trying, depending on the style of the defeat.

Mind you, perhaps the English lightweight we should really be excited about is John Murray, 25 fights unbeaten, British champ, defending his title on Saturday (ITV4, I think).

Seems too soon for such a big fight for Khan, after he lost he seems in a rush to prove himself again? Although he's got to fight the big boys at some point I suppose!

Barrera is stepping up to Khan's weight, and if Amir does lose it's no shame as I think Manny Pacquiao has lost 2???

Seems too soon for such a big fight for Khan, after he lost he seems in a rush to prove himself again? Although he's got to fight the big boys at some point I suppose!

Barrera is stepping up to Khan's weight, and if Amir does lose it's no shame as I think Manny Pacquiao has lost 2???

I think Pacman has five or so fights that he didn't win (a couple of draws included??).

For fight fans it's a win win. If Khan wins we get the prospect of more big-name transatlantic match-ups, if he loses he'll be forced to rejoin the domestic scene and face the tough brits he's avoided so far (Thaxton and Murray in particular). Should be an interesting spectacle, with that in mind.

Errr...he's also a British sportsman with huge potential?!!

I guess you're not the patriotic type.

Well knowing somebody from Bolton who went out on a date with Khan only for him to give her the boot because she wouldn't have sex with him just makes me think he's a bit of a slimy barsteward. Its not a question of being unpatriotic.

Archived