IGNORED

Wolves Getting Another Striker ?

I really cant back this up with any 'official' source, insider information and definitely no hard facts however...

I do know three or four Wolves fans who have all independently (they don't know each other), emailed or texted me today saying that they are finalising a deal for Matty Fryatt from Leicester.

Thought I would share - how true it is we will wait and see, wouldn't surprise me knowing mad Micks policy on buying strikers !

I really cant back this up with any 'official' source, insider information and definitely no hard facts however...

I do know three or four Wolves fans who have all independently (they don't know each other), emailed or texted me today saying that they are finalising a deal for Matty Fryatt from Leicester.

Thought I would share - how true it is we will wait and see, wouldn't surprise me knowing mad Micks policy on buying strikers !

Would be a strange move considering they already have to many strikers.

But as you said i wouldnt put anything past mad mick!

Fryatt has only just signed a new contract with Leicester - but then, when did that mean anything!!

Good player who I think would do well at this level, has been unlucky with injuries since leaving Walsall, but has alot of talent.

in addition to the lad they got from Wolves yesterday there are certinaly proving ambitious

wish we were

He has always looked good at Lg 1 level. Don't think he was particularly impressive at CCC level with Leicester - but have no stats to back this up.

He has always looked good at Lg 1 level. Don't think he was particularly impressive at CCC level with Leicester - but have no stats to back this up.

Nor did Maynard, but someone was willing to pay £2.25 million for him!

Fryatt is only 22, so still young. However, I can't see any truth in this one. Surely any players Wolves now look to sign need to be Premier League quality, not CCC.

Nor did Maynard, but someone was willing to pay £2.25 million for him!

Fryatt is only 22, so still young. However, I can't see any truth in this one. Surely any players Wolves now look to sign need to be Premier League quality, not CCC.

The difference being that Maynard had virtually never played at CCC level so had no chance to prove himself. Am pretty sure that Fry-up had at least 1 (maybe 2) full seasons at CCC level with Leicester & didn't pull up any trees.

Wish we were what ?

Ambitious ?

Maynard 2.25m

Styvar 700k

etc

Lots of foreign players on trial and who's to say GJ hasn't lined up a couple of quality players.

Obviously, that isn't enough.

Matty Fryatt - ambitious :noexpression:

My arse.

?

who is this etc?

trialists.......yes and majority have gone back so far

we can sign all the forwards in the world (infact we have played 9 different ones in the last 18months) but it's pointless if you don't sign the midfielders to get any of them to score goals on a regulary basis.

Yes. we have signed maynard who no doubt will proved to be a good, but I find it funny that your dismissing a similar forward as not good enough, despite the fact he's already scored 8 goals more this season than £2.25 Maynard scored all last season?

Personally I would have been hoping that Gary would have had an idea of the players he wanted at the end of december, ready to make a move for them when the window opened but unfortunately we are still looking at loads of trialists, who most of whom aren't upto it.

seems we are making the same mistakes we made last jan and during the summer,

a number of players in the squad have gone as far as they can with city and need to be moved on......but Gary is sticking to the loyalty aspect despite slating many of them only a couple of months back.

McAllister, Noble, Johnson, Trundle, B Wilson, Williams, Dele, John, Myrie-Williams, Artus are all players I don't see as being in the long term plans for the club rightly or wrong and should be moved on and replaced with players capable of taking the club forward.

Archived