IGNORED

Cole Skuse

Pederho ll

I can't believe I am going to post this, but credit where credit is due, this chap has been in my opinion one of our best players in the past few weeks.

Now I have been one of the biggest critics of Cole Skuse in recent years, but it seems that the system GJ has adopted, coupled with Skuse playing like a man possessed, has in my opinion been one of the key contributors to the change in our fortunes. His ability to break-up play across the middle of pitch has I suppose given our more creative players the opportunity to do that, create and concentrate on their offensive duties, and it seems on evidence that our forwards are reaping the rewards of this.

Long may it continue!

Funnily enough I thought in the first half yesterday he was back to his "I'll stand here and watch the game go on around me" mode. Mind you our midfield was very deep in the first half but much improved in the second.

I also thought his recent improvement was blown away yesterday! But given the conditions it was a bit of a lottery for everyone and he got stronger as the game progressed.

• SC&T Board Members
Funnily enough I thought in the first half yesterday he was back to his "I'll stand here and watch the game go on around me" mode. Mind you our midfield was very deep in the first half but much improved in the second.

I agree, yesterday's first-half performance from Cole was below the very high standard he has set himself over recent weeks. But in the second I thought he was again showing the strong form that he has over the last 4 or 5 games, during which time he has really 'come of age' and has been looking like a very accomplished midfielder, at times even overshadowing Marvin. Long may it continue!

noticed it was his tackle in the build up to adebola's goal

I thought Cole Skuse was outstanding yesterday against Wolves, he's playing more and more like Marvin Elliott with each game that passes. OK, Adebola outshone everyone yesterday with that second half performance but the improved Skuse coupled with Elliott in our midfield is a brilliant combination. It's always great to see a Bristol lad coming good for Bristol's Red Army - well done Cole Skuse. :clapping:

I also thought his recent improvement was blown away yesterday! But given the conditions it was a bit of a lottery for everyone and he got stronger as the game progressed.

Well said, you have to say though everybody had a good ball, bad ball game. Praise to both teams really for a goodish game in such rubbish conditions. Cole is 30% better player than last year and given he never seems to play the same posistion two weeks running to be able to slot in a role any given week is a plus.

:D

Well said, you have to say though everybody had a good ball, bad ball game. Praise to both teams really for a goodish game in such rubbish conditions. Cole is 30% better player than last year and given he never seems to play the same posistion two weeks running to be able to slot in a role any given week is a plus.

:D

Cole Skuse has now come good, Marvin Elliott and Cole Skuse together were putting in some great tackles yesterday and taking the team forward to what was a great draw against a good Wolves side.

I think Cole Skuse has been outstanding recently especially his performance against Portsmouth. I think people forget he is only 22!!!! He has had so much stick but has been playing on and off for 4 years since he was 17-18. at the moment he looks like someone well beyond his years

Regular moans about the academy and what it produces but I think he is one for the future and will be a real asset for us and is often forgotten. Watching him on telly gives you a better view of his work rate and having him, marv and lee in teh midfield seems to have made it much better as he can mop up when Marvin and lee go forward. He is Bristol City born and bred and we should be very proud!!!

I have always rated Cole as a good footballer but thought he lacked strength and fitness, he seems to have bulked up a bit and can now play 90mins, where as before he struggled.

He was excellent against portsmouth and had a good game yesterday

The 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation however you look at it seems to help him but i think the 3 we play means we lack creativity in the middle.

I like Skuse, Elliott & Johnson as they all bring something to the team so its difficult to see how we address that ?

but... things are certainly brighter than they were 4 weeks ago and we're playing some better stuff. Love watching Maynard now, he seems to have a real buzz about him and playing with confidence

to battle back in those conditions against the so called best team in the league shows we have that old team spirit back and think we can have a strong finsh and look at a top 8/9 finish ? - think 6th is a bit far off but you never know !

Cole Skuse is a quality player,has been for a few years.He has been over shadowed by the arrival of Elliott a bit.But IMO,he has got as much going for him as Elliott.In certain areas he is better(Touch,Passing)(Not knocking Marv,he is superb).So all he needs is a run of games and thats what he is getting now.The pair of them form a very strong foundation for the team.They are both athletic,strong in the air and good in the tackle.They would be my choice if we go back to a 4-4-2 formation(Not knocking LJ,I'm a fan of his as well!).Also has time on his side cause he is only 22 I believe.I think he is one that could make the next step upto the Premiere.Just hope he keeps getting his chances and more importantly keeps taking them!!!

Archived