IGNORED

Adebola And Maynard

SUPER REDS

I thought Adebola looked great when he came on and I reckon him and Maynard could be a great striking force,if we can now keep a settled team with no injuries etc hopefully we can get a few results now and push on towards the Play Offs

As caravan bluntly said, the partnership was the one that didnt bring any sucess earlier in the season. I am convinced this is because adebola does not have it in him for 90 minutes week in week out. This season we've seen the best of Adebola when he has either had a rest or comes on as sub.

Brilliant impact player I'd say - Not got the legs for 90 minutes though. Not week in week out anyways.

Possibly might not have the legs for 90 mins,but in the 4-3-3 formation,he would start for me.He is the best at what you need in that central position of the three.Also,with the two other forwards around him,it spreads the workload out a bit(although I don't see this as a problem for him,as he always works hard anyway).With pace around him,he would obviously benefit and so would they from him. Cant see that any defence would look forward to playing against the big fella either!

but was in the air then now weve found out dele likes it along the floor it could work
It worked well yesterday because they had no option but to play it on the floor because of eh weather, Usually when Dele plays its route one football.

Got to say that this partnership is starting to blossom. the has been superb last two games and that should put a few of those people that like to have a go at him back in their corner.

Keep up the good work lads were doing well. :city:

Did you go to the game? because on the radio it did'nt sound like he had the same energy as he does when he comes on as a sub.

In the 2nd half both of them played well and Adebola was the bully we need him to be. But first half they didn't get much service and nothing much happened.

Jury is still out on the combination and I still think Adebola is good as a sub coming on after an hour, when Stern has played for the first hour bringing Sproule into play more etc.

Guest ashtonyate

I think I would use Adeobla as a second half sub bring him on the start of the second half.He is the only player who can push around the other teams defence we have. Without Dele we are toothless, its aright having twinkle toes players but you need to have a bit of muscle as well up front.

It seems at though Maynard can play pretty well with either John or Adebola. Neither of them are spring chickens & Dele does seem to struggle when we have patches of games on Sat/Tues/Sat - as we have coming up. The key thing is keeping him & Stern fresh, I'd be quite happy to see them rotated so that they take turns starting/being on the bench.

Not sure if that will happen though as GJ is a big fan of not changing a winning side.

In the 2nd half both of them played well and Adebola was the bully we need him to be. But first half they didn't get much service and nothing much happened.

Jury is still out on the combination and I still think Adebola is good as a sub coming on after an hour, when Stern has played for the first hour bringing Sproule into play more etc.

exactly right. SJ for an hour. bola for 30 mins. he even outmuscled campbell and distin at fratton park when doing this.

It was funny when Maynard got taken off because Adebola thought it was going to be him and started walking from the penalty area and then realised it wasn't. He has been immense recently but I think even he'd tell you he finds it a struggle to play 90 anymore especially on a surface like that that bogs you down when running.

Archived