IGNORED

The Sags

BS3_RED

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=82022

Not many clubs fans could claim that they "always believe" (including Rovers) but having lived in Bristol all my life, I find it almost hysterical how City fans, of all people, have adopted this as their mantra! Sorry to post a thread about City but the Gas haven't played for a while and personally see no problem with having a laugh at their expense. And this I find particularly funny!

When City hit a bad spell this season. The worse they have hit for a while. What happened? Radio Bristol was crammed with callers of a red persuasion not believing in Johnson senior and certainly not Johnson junior, not to mention other players. The Green 'Uns letter page was full with people doubting and not believing in the team or the club. The forum had threads about the managers future and Johnsons judgement (or lack of it!) on signings! No one can say that all these media sources only represented a portion of City fans, this was and the entire population of Bristol knows it the general attitude of City fans.

Did they believe in their team when they rang Holloway on derby eve with a threat all those years ago? When they started wrecking Twerton the day after? Did they believe in their teams capability then or did they turn to mindless violence after they stopped believing in their team?

Not to mention spitting and threats to their own team. Believe me I could go on.

To be frank if things are going sh*t, the last group of supporters you want 'backing' you in is the red heathens from south of the river!

Always believe? My ass.

Have they have nothing better to do.

I swear they would happily be relegated if it meant we did as well.

Did they believe in their team when they rang Holloway on derby eve with a threat all those years ago? When they started wrecking Twerton the day after? Did they believe in their teams capability then or did they turn to mindless violence after they stopped believing in their team?

Blimey, it comes to something when they need to dig up dirt which happened 20 years ago!

What's worrying is he knows alot about us an our players. Myself I could only tell you one o two Rovers players. It's gt to the point now where I don't even bother to check at there score was. I also find many sag heads wish they were City fans but they don't want to lose face by switching to the red side.

Maybe but with selected hearing you can blank anything out you don't want to hear, becuase unless I'm very much mistaken the local radio station is often filled with the rants of the Blue few, after a poor run of form. Whats good for the goose and all that.

Exactly. There's a minority at any club who are never happy.

There is a hint of truth in the 2nd paragraph....

With 10s of thousands of supporters not everybody is going to sing from the same hymn sheet, it would be a very boring world if we did, personally i don't mind hearing what the blue few have to say from time to time i find it amusing and i love the fact that the gap seems to bigger between us more than anytime in my 40 years of following City, including when we were in the top flight, they really are insignificant and i feel Cardiff are more our rivals which i know is something the blue few find so annoying and embarrassing

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=82022

Have they have nothing better to do.

I swear they would happily be relegated if it meant we did as well.

I think thats pretty much spot on! I was thinking that this morning actually. We're a fickle fickle bunch of fans, and thats seen in the Maynard thread. We are far to quick to put people down (Styvar after 3 games) and to quick to call them legends....

Are they wrong?

Always makes me chuckle at games where we are losing, then score, and only THEN hear the Always Believe song..

To be fair it was being sung yesterday when we were 1 nil and even 2 nil down. More people always seem to sing it though when we score.

Are they wrong?

Always makes me chuckle at games where we are losing, then score, and only THEN hear the Always Believe song..

I feel the same somewhat.

During the 'Dark Days' before our December revival you rarely heard the 'I Believe' anthem, and at 2 nil down yesterday it wasn't heard.

I enjoy supporting Bristol City and believe it's good for me.

Oh, sorry, almost forgot, The Sags.......funny, Bristol Jokers. They really don't matter.

Guest wheres your caravan??
That always believe is complete dirge and should be banned. Too many get up and sing that after bouts of " effin s**t city, johnson you're a self pleasurer."

We always concede is much more apt and should be adopted

Totally agree. I makes me laugh when we sing it because it is a blatant lie! People saying how s*it it is, then the next minute after we score their singing we always believe, i find it hilarious!

Fully agree it should be banned!

What's worrying is he knows alot about us an our players. Myself I could only tell you one o two Rovers players. It's gt to the point now where I don't even bother to check at there score was. I also find many sag heads wish they were City fans but they don't want to lose face by switching to the red side.

Ricky Lambert

Lewis Haldane

Flapper Philips

And did Coles go there?

If so I get to 4. I used to know who most of their team were, they've just dropped off my radar.

ok before slagging them all off, i think its true. No one ever seems to "believe" when we are 2-0 down just seem to moan on and on about how s**t BOTH the johnson are, how our shape is not right, how this and that is wrong.... then suddenly when we score it all "we love you johnson".. unbelievable really, i wouldnt really mind if you were a johnson hater, just don't keep jumping ship whenever we start do do well...

Back to the rovers post, most of the people who write in to the EP are just bitter old men with nothing else to do, so you can hardly take their views as the views of all city fans....idiots...

Edit: few mistakes...a bit drunk....

Guest MaloneFM
Ricky Lambert

Lewis Haldane

Flapper Philips

And did Coles go there?

If so I get to 4. I used to know who most of their team were, they've just dropped off my radar.

Andy Coles?

You forgot Walt Disley. Isn't Ricky's name really Lumpit? Isn't he worth squillions of quids? Hasn't he got a Brazillian nickname similar to Kaka?

Is it Crappa?

Is it past my bedtime? :noexpression:

Well its there to mock this "always believe" rubbish. I thought that was obvious but .......... hey ho!!

You still got that evil post sponsored tat in your avatar?

Well actualy i put it there to mock the evil post. I though that was obvious but....hey ho!!

Archived