IGNORED

Liam Lawrence

Radstock Red

Leaving aside the fairly obvious point that we would probably be 91st in Pulis's list of clubs to loan a player to (seeing as Stoke don't loan to themselves) and the facts that Derby pay far more than us and he wouldn't need to move, I think there is an incident in Lawrence's past which makes him pretty much the definition of the opposite of a GJ type player........

Leaving aside the fairly obvious point that we would probably be 91st in Pulis's list of clubs to loan a player to (seeing as Stoke don't loan to themselves) and the facts that Derby pay far more than us and he wouldn't need to move, I think there is an incident in Lawrence's past which makes him pretty much the definition of the opposite of a GJ type player........

Seem to remember an incident when he was at Sunderland that made one of the Sunday red tops too!

Shame though, he is the kind of player we could do with right now, and I'm sure Pulis would just love to help us out!

The player would also have a say, he lives locally so hmmm 35 miles along a dual carraigeway or 140 miles down the motorway.

So? You ask, they so no or the player does, no loss is it?

Chuck him a bonus and put him up in a nice hotel for a few months and maybe he doesn't care.

GJ doesn't like players that trip over their dog's in the middle of the night?

:laugh: Was that Bridges?

Gotta be honest, i think the whole distance thing works in our favor, Derby is a dreadful place to live ALLMOST as bad as Stoke, whereas Bristol on the other hand in among the most desireable places to live in the World. most players would leap at the chance to move here, if we were prem and had dosh we would get Kaka over Man City, Manchester is a ###### dive these days unless you can afford to live outisde the City like all ManU players.

Indeed I am, but mainly because it's a short term loan they are offering, just a month I believe, he plays right wing where our incumbent has hit a rich vein if form so what is the point?

He can also play in the centre as a very effective creative midfielder with exceptional set pieces, he scores goals too. I think it's worth an enquiry mainly because an enquiry costs sod all in cash or time.

Indeed I am, but mainly because it's a short term loan they are offering, just a month I believe, he plays right wing where our incumbent has hit a rich vein if form so what is the point?

Sproule's 'rich vein of form' came to a shuddering halt on Saturday.

As for Lawrence, City should have signed him years ago when he was affordable at Mansfield and several of us on this forum were advocating it. :innocent06:

Still, a month would be better than nothing, even though there's little doubt Putrid would tell City where to go.

Archived