2002/03 Ferencváros 29 4

2003/04 Ferencváros 30 3

2004/05 Ferencváros 11 0

2005 Atlético-PR 4 0

2005/06 Ferencváros 15 0

2006/07 Debrecen 26 6

2007/08 Debrecen 27 7

2008/09 Debrecen 15 2

He's down as a Left Midfielder on the site i just got these stats from, his goals record would suggest it too.

Not too excited about Hungarians, Seebok and Vasko weren't exactly world beaters.

That's true. Those two centre backs didn't set the world alight - there's no point bringing this guy in.

Tony Dinning was crap too - I don't think we should buy any English players either...

That's true. Those two centre backs didn't set the world alight - there's no point bringing this guy in.

Tony Dinning was crap too - I don't think we should buy any English players either...

Boom, boom, ok let me put it another way, being a Hungarian international doesn't guarantee that he's a Championship quality player. I do hope that I'm wrong and GJ can unearth another Diamond.

If we are going to pay good money for players they should at least have a fair potential to develop.

26 or 28 - We are not desperate.

Is that not a bit OTT?

Kevin Phillips

Marek Matějovský

Tommy Smith

Lee Bowyer

Lee Carsley

Brynjar Gunnarsson

Noel & Stephen Hunt

All as old or older than this guy. How many of them would you say no to?!

Offering footballing OAP:s eternal life got us bust once. Bristol babes are the future ; )

Aye true, but they are bloody hard to find and when you do find the wonderkids you're up against Everton, Arsenal, Man Utd for the signature. If we pay 2m for an u21 international (Christ NM was 2.25m and not capped!) just goes to show there is premium on quality youth. We need to ensure they make an instant impact and make the 1st 11 or the fans would crucify GJ :disapointed2se:

This is where PJ earns his crust, its one thing to identify a quality player its another to sign him, i bet Pete can give SL and GJ many names, but while they can sit in the Arsenal reserves for a few years or go out on loan, we need to see an instant impact due to the fee;s involved, we cant afford to litter our team with potential, we just cant afford it, they need to make an immediate impact instantly, hence why 26-28 is a great age for player for us to sign.

This is why we have our youth academy, if were going to buy u18's from Gremio or Boco Jnrs then we should just forget our academy, but SL won't because one day we'll produce a wonderkid of our very own and then WE can set asking prices of 10m for our talent, that should keep AY happy anyway.

Archived