IGNORED

Gerry Gow Article In

GrahamC

Just how brilliant is that article by David Foot about Gerry Gow and Lauren Bacall?

Thanks for the heads-up Sip, a lovely story ... an exquisite cameo of Mr F's work ... I long ago came to the conclusion that the only possible reason he did not ascend to the heights of national sports journalism like, say, Hugh McIlveney is that he chose not to.

I am privileged to have a signed copy of his 1993 book 'Beyond Bat and Ball' which I have just pulled down from the bookshelf and intend to start re-reading asap

Thanks for the heads-up Sip, a lovely story ... an exquisite cameo of Mr F's work ... I long ago came to the conclusion that the only possible reason he did not ascend to the heights of national sports journalism like, say, Hugh McIlveney is that he chose not to.

I am privileged to have a signed copy of his 1993 book 'Beyond Bat and Ball' which I have just pulled down from the bookshelf and intend to start re-reading asap

Totally agree, Mick.

I think the simple fact is he just prefers to live in God's own country, because the quality of his writing is up there with anyone for me.

Archived