IGNORED

Watson To Wigan

Barrs Court Red

Agree, me ol' China, this forum seems to have lost it's grip on reality lately.

(Interesting to note that Mifsud's value now seems to be £200,000)

Snoz.

Lately?

Some posters seem never to have had a grip on reality!

Now alleged West Ham and Fulham have matched Boro's bid (£1.25m). If true he will no doubt stay in London.

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/g...ers/7843980.stm

And to think some here seriously suggested we could get him. :noexpression:

They had better get in there quick then as Radio 5 now saying he is having a medical at the Riverside today.

:rofl2br: Quality, not seen that for a while, have to agree with his southerner rants, but he is chatting out of his ring, I've had the misfortune to work in Boro and it was like a time warp back to 1665 with the plague.

I would rather pogo stick for eternity in IED vally,Helman province than endure another hour in Middlesbrough.

Not possible!! I need proof of that mate because.. :rofl2br::w00t::yawn::bonkers::rofl2br: too funny, £5m for a champ midfielder who is no better than Skuuuse, out of contract in the summer, unproven in the top flight, no real history to speak of, nothing. £5m makes me think Soutgates has lost the plot and 5h1tting himself about relegation, Jeez it must suck to live in Middlesboro, actually it does. Its one of the worst places to live in the World, how they have sustained a prem team for so long is anyones guess, but they'll go down, i hope so.

This makes MUST Elliot worth £10m now?. :icecream:

There is certainly something about Middlesboro that is not all there, not all as you would expect a place or a town to be. I find it hard to run a place down, certainly the way Cider Hider has here but i can sympathise with his use of words. Middlesboro is a place almost feeling as if it has been cast off from the shore line of northern england. it feels like it really does not belong where it is. All around, outside the town and other nearby built up areas there is some of the most picturesque countryside and coastline in Britain. And then there is Middlesboro. it really hits you like a brick. There seems little in the way of urban sprawl just a sudden arrival. green countryside to dilapidated or plain dullness with waynes and waynettas [boro style] in a blink of an eye. It is very unnerving.

i took a detour once... now i have no idea why. for curiosity, none other springs to mind as a reason. All i know is that i did not stop and i swept through a town of 145,000 in less than 5 minutes. It was about as exciting as waiting by an ice cream van knowing that some bully would come up and push you back just as you made it to the front of the queue. In fact that was more exciting by a boro mile.

But good luck to Watson.. it will be an education and perhaps he thinks he needs to broaden his mind.... he may be sorely disappointed on that last score.

But Skuuuse is far better the some of us think he is.

how goes that then?

if you think he is rubbish that is what you think

if you think he is great that is what you think

an opinion is just that, if you see what i mean.

if he is better than some people think then, as far as they are concerned, he is doing his best dribbles, passes and tackles in the shower.

There is certainly something about Middlesboro that is not all there, not all as you would expect a place or a town to be. I find it hard to run a place down, certainly the way Cider Hider has here but i can sympathise with his use of words. Middlesboro is a place almost feeling as if it has been cast off from the shore line of northern england. it feels like it really does not belong where it is. All around, outside the town and other nearby built up areas there is some of the most picturesque countryside and coastline in Britain. And then there is Middlesboro. it really hits you like a brick. There seems little in the way of urban sprawl just a sudden arrival. green countryside to dilapidated or plain dullness with waynes and waynettas [boro style] in a blink of an eye. It is very unnerving.

i took a detour once... now i have no idea why. for curiosity, none other springs to mind as a reason. All i know is that i did not stop and i swept through a town of 145,000 in less than 5 minutes. It was about as exciting as waiting by an ice cream van knowing that some bully would come up and push you back just as you made it to the front of the queue. In fact that was more exciting by a boro mile.

But good luck to Watson.. it will be an education and perhaps he thinks he needs to broaden his mind.... he may be sorely disappointed on that last score.

I seem to remember our local telly, may have been Jed, doing a feature from' boro & speaking to locals during our first meeting with them in t'cup.

Most had never heard of Bristol.

The Guardian now reports:

Wigan, meanwhile, are confident of signing the Crystal Palace midfielder Ben Watson for a fee that could rise to £2m after he failed to agree personal terms with ­Middlesbrough. The 23-year-old, whose contract expires in the summer, spent Thursday at Boro's training ground undergoing a medical, but no agreement was reached after his wage demands scuppered talks.

The Guardian now reports:

Wigan, meanwhile, are confident of signing the Crystal Palace midfielder Ben Watson for a fee that could rise to £2m after he failed to agree personal terms with ­Middlesbrough. The 23-year-old, whose contract expires in the summer, spent Thursday at Boro's training ground undergoing a medical, but no agreement was reached after his wage demands scuppered talks.

I wonder if Fulham might make a move now Bullard has gone to Wigan? - no personal upheaval for Watson unless he wants to quit London of course.

Archived