IGNORED

Brooker To Norwich

South_Coast_Red

Is it just me or does the current Marvin to Wolves talk remind people of this supposed done-deal a couple of years to go. I like to think that we can have faith in our board to now hold on to our best players as we are beginning to establish ourselves as a top-half/play-off chasing Championship side. Whilst I agree do agree that Wolves are a bigger club than us historically I don't think they are big enough to fulfill Marvin's Premier League ambitions - if they go up this year they will no doubt find things very much tougher and I would expect them to be fighting against relegation (along with any other side that gain promotion).

All this transfer talk seems to have eminated from some (probably) unsubstantiated Daily/Sunday Mirror snippets and has gained momentum from this very forum. It seems to me that this fear is self-perpetuating much like the Brooker-Norwich scenario.

I must admit I would feel happier if Gary made a statement like 'Marvin is priceless to us' or 'Marvin would cost £10m to any interested parties', but for now he's contracted to us and from his comments I believe he is happy to progress career and continue to build his reputation here for at least the remainder of this season. If we don't make the play-off this year and are not challenging next seaon that's when I expect the rumours to have some substance.

Mods: I started a new thread in an attempt to not 'fuel the fire' but feel free to merge with the other thread.

I must admit I would feel happier if Gary made a statement like 'Marvin is priceless to us' or 'Marvin would cost £10m to any interested parties', but for now he's contracted to us and from his comments

Mods: I started a new thread in an attempt to not 'fuel the fire' but feel free to merge with the other thread.

He and Lansdown have both said pretty much that over the last few weeks.

In reply to your post, is Brooker going to Norwich or not????????!!!!!!

Sorry, I may not have been clear in my original post. I was referring to a situation a couple of years back when Brooks, our best player at the time, was strongly linked on this board with a move to Norwich without anything actually happening. This was during the good ol' days of Sarah B (how I miss her rediculous posts) and much of the rumour came from this board and IMO was created through paranoia (god knows how you spell that).

To confirm though, Brooker is not going to Norwich the best of my knowledge!!

Sorry, I may not have been clear in my original post. I was referring to a situation a couple of years back when Brooks, our best player at the time, was strongly linked on this board with a move to Norwich without anything actually happening. This was during the good ol' days of Sarah B (how I miss her rediculous posts) and much of the rumour came from this board and IMO was created through paranoia (god knows how you spell that).

I realised that, was meant to be a joke reply!!

Obviously not a very good one though!!

Brooker is with Donny trying to get fit enough for them to sign him before the window shuts isn't he?

And, don't we always get player Y is off to club X rumours with different people all adamant things are definitely happening. Wasn't Skuse certain to go to Reading a year ago?!

Brooker is with Donny trying to get fit enough for them to sign him before the window shuts isn't he?

And, don't we always get player Y is off to club X rumours with different people all adamant things are definitely happening. Wasn't Skuse certain to go to Reading a year ago?!

And Tranmere, Yeovil, Bolton and Leeds.

And Tranmere, Yeovil, Bolton and Leeds.

No those were only rumoured rumours, Reading was a 'dead cert' according to some!

My tip, don't believe anything until you see the player on the club site grinning and holding up his shirt! :D

A. no hes not, its talk of things in the past

:tumbleweed:

It`s really lost on some people, c`mon, catch up :whistle2:

PDG

I realised that, was meant to be a joke reply!!

Obviously not a very good one though!!

Yeah i gathered that, mine was a joke reply as i posted 3 hours before your reply, C'MON CATCH UP :whistle:

He might go to Norwich

Archived