IGNORED

Wilson On Soccer Am

Ashcott Boy

They spoke to him on the phone, he was in the offices at the club.

He stated that the players etc will be leaving at 1pm today, for the trip to Barnsley.

The thing I didn't understand, was when they stated to him that with QPR playing today, did he think it gave City an advantage?

His reply was................Of course it gives us an advantage, as far as knowing what we need to do tomorrow and that will let us know what team to select.

Isn't it obvious to everyone that we need to win??

If QPR lose today, we will still need a win sunday as a draw for us would mean being level on points with a far worse goal difference.

If QPR draw today, it puts them 2 points clear, so we still need to win to get in front of them!!

And if QPR win today, we need to win tomorrow because otherwise, we can't get automatic promotion!!

So what difference is the QPR result going to make to his team selection??

They spoke to him on the phone, he was in the offices at the club.

He stated that the players etc will be leaving at 1pm today, for the trip to Barnsley.

The thing I didn't understand, was when they stated to him that with QPR playing today, did he think it gave City an advantage?

His reply was................Of course it gives us an advantage, as far as knowing what we need to do tomorrow and that will let us know what team to select.

Isn't it obvious to everyone that we need to win??

If QPR lose today, we will still need a win sunday as a draw for us would mean being level on points with a far worse goal difference.

If QPR draw today, it puts them 2 points clear, so we still need to win to get in front of them!!

And if QPR win today, we need to win tomorrow because otherwise, we can't get automatic promotion!!

So what difference is the QPR result going to make to his team selection??

Agree with you entirely Tipps.

It is also totally beyond me how he thinks we have any advantage. If QPR win today City will have even more added pressure tomorrow.

This would not be the case had we kicked off at the same time.

What baffled me that was him saying he was going to think about team selection. :) You mean he actually thinks about selecting a team???!!!!

He seemed keen for it all to be on the last match of the season aswell. :sub:

• Admin

Anyone else think he sounded a bit flat, unenthusiastic and monotone.

He didn't sound like a man who is on the knife edge of gaining promotion or failure........

I also was confused as to why the QPR result matters.

The bull needs grabbing by the horns and the tactics must be set out for a win, regardless of rivals results.

Guest wolverhampton cider ed

Course we can go up automatically if QPR win we need to then win at Barnsley they will be a point ahead and its down to the last game.

Anyone else think he sounded a bit flat, unenthusiastic and monotone.

He didn't sound like a man who is on the knife edge of gaining promotion or failure........

I also was confused as to why the QPR result matters.

The bull needs grabbing by the horns and the tactics must be set out for a win, regardless of rivals results.

I think his interview persona is uninspiring anyway period, always has been.

Archived