IGNORED

Idle Moment - Listen To Last Weeks Danny Baker 606

Markman

Heard it at the time and it is very funny. Just before and after the 10.30 news (as was). The whole show is a breath of fresh air every week as it focuses on the ridiculous side of football instead of an endless stream of fans announcing how their Manager has lost the plot/is tactically naive.

Heard it at the time and it is very funny. Just before and after the 10.30 news (as was). The whole show is a breath of fresh air every week as it focuses on the ridiculous side of football instead of an endless stream of fans announcing how their Manager has lost the plot/is tactically naive.

So true - week ago he did "getting your ball back from miserable neighbours" and things you hate about football when you were kids - like goals with no nets so that when someone scores some poor sap has to walk miles to get the ball only for it to be hoofed miles away again staight away - brings some great memories back!!

What?? You're saying none of our forum members ring in??

What?? You're saying none of our forum members ring in??

Oh so true! Go on 5 Live Listen Again - I just finished it and even his last word before being cut of is about the Gas and their worth equivalent to a wooden nickel! Highly recommended and funny!

Around 28-30 mins if you're looking for it.

I listened up until then and much as it was amusing I enjoyed picking up on Baker's mistakes/things can be argued.

- Sarawak (where Gasheads are born) is not an island, it is on the island of Borneo.

- Barcelona can be pronounced Barcelona and not Barthelona. The 'th' sound is only if you are Castilian. Catalans pronounce it much the same as us.

- Iain Dowie, similar to Shaka Hislop I believe he has a degree in engineering, worked for British Aerospace and has some rocket science knowledge. Despite Baker's comments I am fairly sure engineering is a damn tough degree - but I don't really know.

• Admin
Can't get it at work, what's the gist?

It started off after an accusation that Cowdenbeath didn't really exist and their results were an in-joke by the press. A Rovers fan told a tale of a pre-season visit where they got invited into the Cowdenbeath directors' box. Danny said it was a wonderful story but as it was told by a Bristol Rovers fan, the most notoriously slippery club in the land, it negates the whole entire missive.

"The air they breathe, the must tell tall tales. If you ask any Rovers fan where they were born they will say "I were born on the island of Sarowak". You cannot get a straight answer from a Bristol Rovers supporter."

"Mark are you a Bristol Rovers supporter? I hate to say it but they're shocking liars. I've known 3 Bristol Rovers supporters intimately, shocking liars!"

"Look at my Wikipedia page...Danny Frederick Baker, I'm not called Frederick, I've never been called Frederick in my life! Wikipedia? They might as well just call it Bristol Rovers!"

"I've quite rightly identified all Bristol Rovers supporters as notorious liars. We want an accurate two word description of every club in the country by the end of the season, so Bristol Rovers, notorious liars. That sort of thing."

The most notoriously slippery club in the land, classic, couldn't of put it better myself

"The air they breathe, they must tell tall tales." At last! The conspiracy is revealed.

Hey, I've got an idea. Whenever a supporter from you know who comes on this forum, why don't we pretend their team don't exist.

"Sorry mate, but Bristol Rovers don't exist. Have you ever seen Jacob's Ladder? Straight up fella, it's all to do with that Agent Orange they sprayed around in 'Nam. Yeah, Chelt nam. No don't worry, you'll get over it mate. Laters."

Bristol Rovers don't exist. Shall we keep repeating it?

• Admin
"The air they breathe, they must tell tall tales." At last! The conspiracy is revealed.

Hey, I've got an idea. Whenever a supporter from you know who comes on this forum, why don't we pretend their team don't exist.

"Sorry mate, but Bristol Rovers don't exist. Have you ever seen Jacob's Ladder? Straight up fella, it's all to do with that Agent Orange they sprayed around in 'Nam. Yeah, Chelt nam. No don't worry, you'll get over it mate. Laters."

Bristol Rovers don't exist. Shall we keep repeating it?

Sorry, who is this Bristol Rovers you speak of? It sounds like they should play in Bristol but clearly this very web domain shows they can't do as we all know there is only one team in Bristol.

It started off after an accusation that Cowdenbeath didn't really exist and their results were an in-joke by the press. A Rovers fan told a tale of a pre-season visit where they got invited into the Cowdenbeath directors' box. Danny said it was a wonderful story but as it was told by a Bristol Rovers fan, the most notoriously slippery club in the land, it negates the whole entire missive.

Well I can't vouch for Bristol Rovers or their supporters obviously, but having read a wonderful book about Cowdenbeath called "Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil" I can certainly vouch for them. They have undoubtedly the most chequered past of any team in the isles. So broke at one stage that they needed to sell their top scorer to a team in the Scottish Highland league!

Perhaps I should give Danny a ring next week and tell him all about them. :) He did once read an email of mine on his Radio London show on a non-football subject, so I obviously have connections. :innocent06:

• Admin
Well I can't vouch for Bristol Rovers or their supporters obviously, but having read a wonderful book about Cowdenbeath called "Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil" I can certainly vouch for them. They have undoubtedly the most chequered past of any team in the isles. So broke at one stage that they needed to sell their top scorer to a team in the Scottish Highland league!

Perhaps I should give Danny a ring next week and tell him all about them. :) He did once read an email of mine on his Radio London show on a non-football subject, so I obviously have connections. :innocent06:

Surely he'd just say you picked the book up in the fiction department or even worse accuse you of being a closet gashead?

Archived