IGNORED

Table And Momentum

Chivs

I keep switching to this http://newsimg.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal...ble/default.stm site just to confirm our standings in the table.

Looks reasonable...

Above us it seems that Ipswich, QPR and Swansea are on a bit of a run and I'd expect one of those teams to be in the playoffs. Poor old Wolves are being hunted down. :rolleyes:

Below us, Notts Forest have made good progress recently. I was quite impressed by Forest when we played them. They have some decent players up front.

However, the thing that really stands out is that the bottom three are all (relatively recent) previous Premier League teams. What price they all go down?

PS For the pedants, note that BBC refers to the Championship as eng_div_1. :disapointed2se:

• Admin
I keep switching to this http://newsimg.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal...ble/default.stm site just to confirm our standings in the table.

Looks reasonable...

Above us it seems that Ipswich, QPR and Swansea are on a bit of a run and I'd expect one of those teams to be in the playoffs. Poor old Wolves are being hunted down. :rolleyes:

Below us, Notts Forest have made good progress recently. I was quite impressed by Forest when we played them. They have some decent players up front.

However, the thing that really stands out is that the bottom three are all (relatively recent) previous Premier League teams. What price they all go down?

PS For the pedants, note that BBC refers to the Championship as eng_div_1. :disapointed2se:

Two things stand out to me:

-Only one side has won more away games than us. :)

-Only one side has won fewer home games than us. :(

Two things stand out to me:

-Only one side has won more away games than us. :)

-Only one side has won fewer home games than us. :(

And only Swansea have drawn as many games at home.

Looking back, I can't think of any game where I've thought "Phew, that was a lucky draw". Quite the opposite.

I think we are "owed" some luck at home (Portsmouth handballs, Swansea goals...).

And obviously luck doesn't play any part in our away form. :D

Always Believe.

And only Swansea have drawn as many games at home.

Looking back, I can't think of any game where I've thought "Phew, that was a lucky draw". Quite the opposite.

I think we are "owed" some luck at home (Portsmouth handballs, Swansea goals...).

And obviously luck doesn't play any part in our away form. :D

Always Believe.

Plymouth, Wolves(both 0-2 down), Sheff Utd (team on a roll at the time - and beaten us 3-0 a couple of weeks before)

Plymouth yes, but don't think we were 'lucky' to get a point against Sheff U & Wolves, disappointed we didn't grab all 3.

When we played Sheff Utd, 3 weeks after losing(poorly) 3-0 at Bramall Lane, I most certainly would have taken a point before kick off. In truth it was a poor game where neither side deserved to win.

Wolves were(and still are top of the table), one of, if not the, best attacking sides in the division, going 2-0 down, yes I was bloody happy with a point (Ok it wasn't lucky - more like good honest endeavour)

I wouldn't even say Plymouth felt lucky. I walked away thinking if the match had an extra 10 minutes, city would have been the winners.

Agreed, unfortunately matey, games are only 90 minutes long, and after seeing us 2-0 down with one of the worst 1st half displays I have ever seen at AG, again I was more than happy to take a point, and I remember when leaving the ground feeling as good as if we had won(almost).

Problem is both of you are right. Wolves and Plymouth wasn't "lucky", just MUCH better 2nd half performances.

You could also look at Derby(mullered in 1st half), QPR (vs 10 men), Forest(missed pen) and say we were "unlucky" - or was it poor application?

personally I don't like the word lucky or unlucky - it implies an element of outside forces which there isn't just good and bad application of decisions/tactics/technical ability.

Yes we need to get the next 3 home games in the bag I think, that would put us right in the mix. At least we have only lost 3 at home, and I agree that, certainly since the beginning of December, we have desrved to win more than we have.

The peformance at home to Palace & last night (though I wasn't there) suggest to me we are getting back to our form of last season. We rode our luck a bit last night, just as we did last season at places such as Sheff Weds, Norwich & Colchester.

Am pretty confident for Sat, but I think Tues will be harder than many think. Charlton have a good squad on paper & will be buoyed by a derby win against Colins lot last night.

When we played Sheff Utd, 3 weeks after losing(poorly) 3-0 at Bramall Lane, I most certainly would have taken a point before kick off. In truth it was a poor game where neither side deserved to win.

Wolves were(and still are top of the table), one of, if not the, best attacking sides in the division, going 2-0 down, yes I was bloody happy with a point (Ok it wasn't lucky - more like good honest endeavour)

Thought the second half against Sheff Utd was a great performance. Kenny pulled off an amazing double save to keep out Johnsons drive and Trundles tap in. We also had a big shout for a penalty. We were so dominate but just couldn't score. Sheff Utd also almost did a smash and grab at the end when Basso made a cracking save from Beatties free kick. Definately wasnt a poor game.

Archived