IGNORED

Basso Was The Saviour Yet Again

Never to the dark side

From what I heard on radio Bristol he sounded pretty busy 1st half and certainly made amends for his mistakes against wolves ( although the wind didn't do him any favours) big time. :clapping:

Although as it sounded and you say Dele had a good game i'd prefer Styvar or John to start, from the sound of it we seemed to be hitting it long early in the game, something which seems to occur regulary when Dele is on the pitch, would prefer Dele to come on second half to hopefully finish tiring defences off or save the day as against wolves, also styvar needs games to settle in, and hopefully form a partnership with Maynard, something which won't happen soon sat on the bench.

From what I heard on radio Bristol he sounded pretty busy 1st half and certainly made amends for his mistakes against wolves ( although the wind didn't do him any favours) big time. :clapping:

Although as it sounded and you say Dele had a good game i'd prefer Styvar or John to start, from the sound of it we seemed to be hitting it long early in the game, something which seems to occur regulary when Dele is on the pitch, would prefer Dele to come on second half to hopefully finish tiring defences off or save the day as against wolves, also styvar needs games to settle in, and hopefully form a partnership with Maynard, something which won't happen soon sat on the bench.

I wasn't there so I stand to be corrected but I do wonder if the propensity to hit it long last night was more to do with the condition of the pitch than the players involved ?

If Marv is out for a while & Macca takes his place, whilst it will weaken us defensively, it will probably help us pass it better.

I didn't Basso was that good. He made a couple of saves you would expect him to make and looked dodgy with his kicking again. It was a solid performance, nothing more, nothing less.

agreed. There were better players out there for us, Carey and Fontaine. Basso just had to pull off a couple of saves for the camera as Plymouth could have played there all day and not scored.

• SC&T Board Members
agreed. There were better players out there for us, Carey and Fontaine. Basso just had to pull off a couple of saves for the camera as Plymouth could have played there all day and not scored.

I thought Basso kept us in it twice in the first half with two great saves - much more than regulation.

The defence generally did well, and one diving block from Skuse was typical of what GJ calls 'mothering' the goal, which we have not been doing so much this season ... good to see the whole team determined not to concede.

I didn't Basso was that good. He made a couple of saves you would expect him to make and looked dodgy with his kicking again. It was a solid performance, nothing more, nothing less.

thought he had a fair game to be honest, the standard of the pitch played a major part to his kickin though, you could see he wasnt happy with it every time he placed the ball, prior to hoffin it up field.

Just because we expect him to make them I still think he deserves the praise for saving them. Sometimes I'm there and I think s**t goal then Bas just pulls on his superman suit and saves it. Considering his confidence must have been low following the Wolves game I was delighted with his performance. His kicking did seem dodgy but not sure how much the weather had to do with that. There was also one lucky escape where there was a open goal for Plymouth. The back four were brilliant and looks like we are getting back to last seasons form with the same back four.

It never ceases to amaze how nobody see`s fit to mention LJ. A superb defensive block for someone who gets so much stick here.

PDG

I think people are frightened to mention LJ as it may start another tit for tat discussion completely over analysing his performances again! It was a great block though as that shot was destined for the target at great pace and a good all round performance from him busying himself and playing some neat balls. I can't recall him once losing possession which is quite remarkable really.

I think people are frightened to mention LJ as it may start another tit for tat discussion completely over analysing his performances again! It was a great block though as that shot was destined for the target at great pace and a good all round performance from him busying himself and playing some neat balls. I can't recall him once losing possession which is quite remarkable really.

i did have a little, oh no moment, in the fist half when he flunked the corner......

I recall a few in the second half. Few little simple 5 yard passes either lost us possesion or went out for a Plymuff throw.

Archived