IGNORED

I Very Rarely Look At Other Teams Signings And Complain But

Redhyde

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7860142.stm

Who knows if we looked or wanted. But here's a guy who could go straight into our team, improve our team, is proven quality at this level as last season showed, has leadership qualities and is allowed out on loan until the end of the season.

Why not us?

He is better than Izzy.

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/7860142.stm

Who knows if we looked or wanted. But here's a guy who could go straight into our team, improve our team, is proven quality at this level as last season showed, has leadership qualities and is allowed out on loan until the end of the season.

Why not us?

He is better than Izzy.

Better than Louis, Fonts or McCombe? bear in mind his age.

He may be better than Izzy, but he will expect first team football - I'm not sure we should be looking to replace any of our centre backs.

He's on loan so it blocks the path exactly as much as the signing of Iriekpen does. If we signed him permanently..well we could do the same with Izzy. Personally i don't care about James Wilsons career. I want the best for the club. And if a player is better than Wilson then he should be brought in. Wilson has to be at the required level to get his place. And our level should be moving up each season. He's probably about the same ability level as Carey and a year younger. We always whine when Carey gets injured because we don't have another organiser in there. Here was a great chance (IMO) to sign one. A fit one. One who's actually gone up.

He's on loan so it blocks the path exactly as much as the signing of Iriekpen does. If we signed him permanently..well we could do the same with Izzy. Personally i don't care about James Wilsons career. I want the best for the club. And if a player is better than Wilson then he should be brought in. Wilson has to be at the required level to get his place. And our level should be moving up each season. He's probably about the same ability level as Carey and a year younger. We always whine when Carey gets injured because we don't have another organiser in there. Here was a great chance (IMO) to sign one. A fit one. One who's actually gone up.

As thinking in the shorterm, no wonder you're always whinging.

So, given all that, why has he dropped down to League One?

Iriekpen has signed to the end of the season. Wilson is currently injured. So next season the way is open for James to compete for a first team spot. I find it odd that on the rare occasions we produce a highly rated (and not just by us) young player whom Gary sees as good enough for the first team squad anybody would prefer to spend money instead. Should we look to replace Ribeiro as well, the only other youngster Gary sees as ready apparently? Better to save what little we have for positions where we don't have players coming through. Our future will certainly depend on a judicious mix of sensible spending and bringing players through if it is to be sustainable.

My god, why the hell hasn't GJ and BCFC signed the mightly Wayne Brown??? :noexpression:

I couldn't care less that this guy hasnt come to our club. It appears all other Championship clubs don't either, hence why he's gone to league one, we don't need him, why would we want him, he'd cost money on wages and why would he get in our team? He's 31, hardly one for the future, and hardly one to have set the world alight anyway. This thread just looks like a moan out of knowhere for the sake of it.

My god, why the hell hasn't GJ and BCFC signed the mightly Wayne Brown??? :noexpression:

I couldn't care less that this guy hasnt come to our club. It appears all other Championship clubs don't either, hence why he's gone to league one, we don't need him, why would we want him, he'd cost money on wages and why would he get in our team? He's 31, hardly one for the future, and hardly one to have set the world alight anyway. This thread just looks like a moan out of knowhere for the sake of it.

correct. ditto every other player that we " havent been in for" :noexpression:

I've no idea why he's only gone to a league one team. I don't know why he would. It's not money..because it's a loan so he's getting full pay from his parent club anyway.

I'll go look to the threads posters views on Webster as to why we want the best players we can in both short and long term...We were looking for a short term signing, he's gone on loan, that's uh..short term. IMO he's proven better than the signing we just made, and as he's only gone to a league one team I'm interested why we weren't in for a guy who was nearly ever present for Hull last season. Of course i'm interested in the short term. Grief that's now a bad thing? Bizarre criticism IMO

Sorry but the mighty Wayne Brown has achieved more than our squad did last year so it's a bit silly to criticise him unless you want to do the same to our entire roster.

And again we've just made a signing, one that blocks Wilsons path. A younger player who's physically gifted but a bit raw. A bigger block than an older experienced player who would cover the one centre half we can't afford to lose. Or better yet replace him. Why wouldn't he get in our team? Izzy won't ever if people are fit.

For a short term signing i'd rather we spent money on the best player we can. What does James Wilson learn by having Iriekpen in front of him? What does he learn with Brown? I'd wager heavily he'd benefit more from having a Wayne Brown here than Izzy. for both the long and short term it makes more sense to have Brown than Ireikpen.

I hear John Terry may be available too.

/sigh

Perhaps our scouts and management team do not think he would fit in. Perhaps we enquired about him but he said no. Perhaps GJ didn't think he is better than Carey/McComb/Fontaine.

Well done you!

My wider point is that I'm concerned that GJ does not seem to be able to strengthen this area of the team. It's rare a player moves who seems ideal for us and seems available to us as well. So i've highlighted it.

I've no idea why he's only gone to a league one team. I don't know why he would. It's not money..because it's a loan so he's getting full pay from his parent club anyway.

None of us do, so why would you think we should be in for him? maybe we were? maybe Hull to Leicester would appeal to him as the foxes are 10 points clear in league one as we speak and he is looking at a permanent deal at the end of the loan. Do you think we look like the better option? how do you know that the parent club are picking up his Tab?

Sorry but the mighty Wayne Brown has achieved more than our squad did last year so it's a bit silly to criticise him unless you want to do the same to our entire roster. He was part of a TEAM which did very well and good luck to them

And again we've just made a signing, one that blocks Wilsons path. A younger player who's physically gifted but a bit raw. A bigger block than an older experienced player who would cover the one centre half we can't afford to lose. Or better yet replace him. Why wouldn't he get in our team? Izzy won't ever if people are fit.

Izzy is in as cover for the senior pro's, Wilson is injured and after recovering will probably be back out on loan or around the team until GJ thinks he is ready ditto Ribs.Who knows how Izzy will get on, guy is talented but temperamental bit like McIndoe maybe?.....

for both the long and short term it makes more sense to have Brown than Ireikpen. In your opinion, but seeing as Brown is not coming its a bit redundant, like saying - "it makes more sense to get John Terry rather than Izzy".

If there had been a choice between Izzy and Brown then perhaps such a statement would be valid but there wasn't.

Lets face it, we all love City but that doesn't mean that everybody else does. Maybe abroad we might steal a march on everyone else but i reckon that any decent home based players are gong to be on a few radars.

many others have pointed out we are NOT a big club in this league or the one above so we have to accept that we are not going to be an attractive option for all the players we would like to bring in.

My point regarding money is that not only would City have had to spend an initial fee, but I cant imagine there is a great deal of difference between Iriekpen's wage and what Brown would cost. Even considering Hull may continue to pay a proportion.

For me the Iriekpen signing makes perfect sense. As mentioned, he wont cost a fee, he wont be a top earner, he is younger than Brown, he most certainly has more to prove than Brown and will most certainly be 'happier' sat on the bench than Brown, who would surely come to us and expect to start every game. Of course he couldnt do this if any two of Carey, Mccombe or Fontaine were fit as they have proved themselves at this club/level and thus there is no sense in looking to replace them.

Pointless thread! Why not trawl through all the Jan transfers and ask why we haven't signed any of the ones who have gone to C/Ship clubs or below. Who knows if we wanted him, asked about him, pursued him, rejected him / got rejected by him etc etc etc? He's not coming here, Iriekpen is for the time being. Is it really an excuse for the tried old mantra about 'lack of ambition'?

Archived