IGNORED

Mcallister / Odeyayi Incident

bh red

It all happened off the ball very quickly was split up fairly quickly however did many others see the full extent of what happend?

It looked to me that Kayode grabbed Jamie Mac buy the throat and was screaming abuse at him until the Barnsley 15 dived in and did well to split it up, Kayode then was going mental at him, during this the Ref and Linesman seemed to have no clue what was going on.

To me, should have been a striaght red? But as we all know Trevor Kettle is one of the worst refs in the game.

Views?

Don't think the referee can be blamed for an incident which few of us in the stadium had any glimpse of whatsoever.

I missed the incident myself but what i found strange was that the linesman flagged straight away, and the body language of Odejayi wasn't great, it looked to me that he thought he was going to go. The linesman clearly saw the incident but the ref chose only to give a yellow, which Barnsley looked relieved at.

Should he have gone? He was awful today, no end product whatesoever, God knows how he is a Championship striker.

It all happened off the ball very quickly was split up fairly quickly however did many others see the full extent of what happend?

It looked to me that Kayode grabbed Jamie Mac buy the throat and was screaming abuse at him until the Barnsley 15 dived in and did well to split it up, Kayode then was going mental at him, during this the Ref and Linesman seemed to have no clue what was going on.

To me, should have been a striaght red? But as we all know Trevor Kettle is one of the worst refs in the game.

Views?

I cant say I saw everything but I did see Ody had his hands around Mc's Neck throttling him and the linesman was looking strait at it - surely a definite red card for Ody, not the refs fault he didn't see it but the ref defiantly had a shocking day.

half way through the first half stewards took it - The ref apparently complained about it....... Thats why there was some wierd sounds coming from the EE.

I suppose that explains the seemingly random chants of "You're not fit to referee", etc. :laugh:

The ref was a complete idiot. He even ordered the megaphone in the EE be confiscated!

Riaz i can tell you for fact it was not the referee that ordered the megaphone to be confiscated, it was Simon Davey that complained, to the 4 official who in turn past on SD's comments to a steward who arranged for it to be confiscated, nothing to do with the ref he knew nothing about it.........however i totally agree he was a complete idiot!!!

The ref was a complete idiot. He even ordered the megaphone in the EE be confiscated!

Although the efforts to try and create a decent atmosphere with the megaphone are to be applauded, personally I find it a little embarassing. It's almost like we're desperate to make noise and opposed to letting the crowd naturally turn the volume up!

From my view in the Dolman he had JM around the neck with his hands and when Mac struggled free, Odejayi threw a punch which land on his arm. If I could see this from halfway along the Dolman why couldn't the ref or his assistant? :dunno::redcard:

The refereee, like 99% of supporters in the crowd, was watching the ball at that split second - that's why he didn't see it. Presumably he listened to what the linesman had to say and then produced a yellow. If the incident is as bad as you say then surely it is the linesman who is at fault IF he saw it properly.

As for Jamie McAllister himself - wouldn't he ever benefit from a bit of competition for his place. I thought he was the weakest link yesterday and has not yet got into the swing of things since his return from injury.

The refereee, like 99% of supporters in the crowd, was watching the ball at that split second - that's why he didn't see it. Presumably he listened to what the linesman had to say and then produced a yellow. If the incident is as bad as you say then surely it is the linesman who is at fault IF he saw it properly.

As for Jamie McAllister himself - wouldn't he ever benefit from a bit of competition for his place. I thought he was the weakest link yesterday and has not yet got into the swing of things since his return from injury.

McAllister didn't offer much going forward or in defence. Orr was poor going forward yesterday, but was great at the back.

Archived