IGNORED

Cole Skuse

Rigoglioso

Any chance we can nick him off you in the summer?? Is he still out of contract with you guys then. Always rated him, and I reckon if he got half a chance to come to Donny (my team) he'd flourish with the style of football you play.

P.S - Any of you lot coming up here for the re-arranged game in a few weeks?? Cheers for beating Barnsley today as well - its much appreciated :D

His assist was inspired yesterday, but I thought he had a distinctly average game.

Skuse's passing in the first half was woeful, and much like Lee Johnson, he was being shrugged off the ball far too easy.

He got involved ore in the second half, as they all did, but the jury's still out on him.

• Admin
His assist was inspired yesterday, but I thought he had a distinctly average game.

Skuse's passing in the first half was woeful, and much like Lee Johnson, he was being shrugged off the ball far too easy.

He got involved ore in the second half, as they all did, but the jury's still out on him.

Except for one beautiful through ball to Sproule which I felt was even better than his pass to Williams.

Skuseeee is a much improved player who has earned the right to wear his City shirt. I wish people would stop moaning about him for one reason or another. No player in any team in any league gets everything right 100% of the time all the time. His work rate is superb. Watch him when he has not got the ball and see how much closing down he does. He is a good tackler and can play in a variety of positions and is a Bristol man to the bone. I would rather watch him every week than some prima donna on extortionate wages who had a good season two years ago and has lived off it ever since.

:nono::nono:

Skuseeee is a much improved player who has earned the right to wear his City shirt. I wish people would stop moaning about him for one reason or another. No player in any team in any league gets everything right 100% of the time all the time. His work rate is superb. Watch him when he has not got the ball and see how much closing down he does. He is a good tackler and can play in a variety of positions and is a Bristol man to the bone. I would rather watch him every week than some prima donna on extortionate wages who had a good season two years ago and has lived off it ever since.

:nono::nono:

Mr John comes to mind :innocent06:

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I literally meant except for one beautiful pass. Pretty much our entire side was poor in the first half though.

I wasn't impressed in the early part of this season with Skuse. Simply didn't think he was Championship standard. But to be fair he's been outstanding for the last couple of months & I'm more than happy to eat my words. Well done Cole. Along with Carey I thought he stood out in an average game yesterday. As for missed placed passes,Bradley Orr anyone? Thought he had a bad one yesterday.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, I literally meant except for one beautiful pass. Pretty much our entire side was poor in the first half though.

Totally agree, it was one of those games where we look like a league one outfit in the first half, then Johnson waves his magic wand to make them come out like different players in the 2nd half.

Orr, Skuse and John made me groan the most in the first half, but Williams and Styvar made a massive difference in the second.

I wasn't impressed in the early part of this season with Skuse. Simply didn't think he was Championship standard. But to be fair he's been outstanding for the last couple of months & I'm more than happy to eat my words. Well done Cole. Along with Carey I thought he stood out in an average game yesterday. As for missed placed passes,Bradley Orr anyone? Thought he had a bad one yesterday.

I agree totally. I havent been Cole's biggest fan either and i have to admit i was concerned before yesterdays games with the partnership of skuse and Lj in the middle. I thought Lj did ok and Skuse did very well. the pass to set up the goal was superb. It shows great character on Coles part.....he could easily of lost all his confidence after the nightmare he had coming on as center half at half time a couple of months ago......instead he has played really well and fully deserves the praise he is getting.

My thoughts exactly. home games against brum and plymouth come to mind where he didnt look up to standard and has cost us points. But recently hes been playing well and lookd a much improved player. Hopefully he can keep it up while marv is out we will need him to!

don't rate him. don't know what he offers tbh.

Pace

Great positional sense

Tackles

Energy and enthusiasm

Creativity

An excellent pass completion rate

Intelligence

Workrate

Stamina

Off the top of my head. Don't give up the day job and become a football scout whatever you do.

don't rate him. don't know what he offers tbh. Shame he doesnt pass the ball forward more often two times he did yesterday they were great passes. Is a joke to me that hes played ahead of players lik Williams and Noble.

Fair bit harsh. Skuse will keep the ball all day long, and rarley looses the ball. If you played Noble or Williams in the middle ahead of Skuse, then that would be too creative as you would not have a ball winner to create the balance. Much improved player Skusey and I wouldn't be suprised to see him play at a higher level possibly when he is older. Remember he is still only 23 years old!

Pace

Great positional sense

Tackles

Energy and enthusiasm

Creativity

An excellent pass completion rate

Intelligence

Workrate

Stamina

Off the top of my head. Don't give up the day job and become a football scout whatever you do.

I like to see players being praised, but since you're being arrogant, I'll question your statement.

Did you see his passing yesterday? Gave the ball away countless times (out of play a few times), as did Orr.

And you're mad if you think tackling is one of Cole's better attributes. He's far too skinny to put it about, and is only better than Lee Johnson in the tackle by virtue of having longer legs!

Skuse is a reasonable player, who still (after all these years) needs to mature, both physically, and mentally, if he is to become a player worthy of a top half Championship club.

I very much hope he does it, and will always support him as I do the whole team, but let's be realistic in our appraisals here.

I like to see players being praised, but since you're being arrogant, I'll question your statement.

Did you see his passing yesterday? Gave the ball away countless times (out of play a few times), as did Orr.

And you're mad if you think tackling is one of Cole's better attributes. He's far too skinny to put it about, and is only better than Lee Johnson in the tackle by virtue of having longer legs!

Skuse is a reasonable player, who still (after all these years) needs to mature, both physically, and mentally, if he is to become a player worthy of a top half Championship club.

I very much hope he does it, and will always support him as I do the whole team, but let's be realistic in our appraisals here.

I think if you'd tried hard enough you probably could've counted the times he gave the ball away because it wasn't THAT many.

He is perfectly capable of putting in a hard tackle and I've seen him do it plenty of times in a City shirt. Lee Bowyer is skinny but more than capable of putting in bone crushing tackles. Cole is intelligent enough to track his man most of the time and win the ball without sliding in on his arse though.

He has built himself up and doesn't get beaten by upper body strength as much as he did when he was younger.

I'm perfectly reasonable in my appraisal and to back that up he was watched right up until fairly recently by some upper end Premier League clubs and a certain Mr Coppell at Reading did come knocking two years ago while Reading were still in the Prem.

Personally I think Skuse and Williams in a 442 central midfield pairing could be tasty.

I'm largely divided on Skuse.

I find myself cheering him on when he takes the ball fowards or picks out the wingers with an accurate ball along the deck

but I groan when he is never tight enough to his man he is marking or when a team runs at us with the ball he just stands in space.

Standing in space is fine if we've got the ball but if the opposition are coming at us with a head of steam get into a better defensive

position pick your man and stick with him don't just let him go as Skuse to often does.

We shall see whether he goes onto great things.

Archived