IGNORED

The Manager Knows Best

WarksRed

Not seen so many posts on here recently bemoaning the sale of Nick Carle, but it seems that GJ may be infinately wiser than some resident forum experts.

i read a post on here earlier where a Palarse fan was quoted as saying " you must have seen us coming to sell us that one trick pony Carle for over £1m ""

and yesterday Carle was subbed at halftime, against a team of ten men, with a later radio interview by Colin bemoaning the fact that " Palace currently has a deficit of CREATIVE players."

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ace/7863205.stm

we'll never know the basis of most of his decisions, or agree with all of them so in the meantime

" IN GJ WE TRUST "

:englandsmile4wf:

Thanks - had just read that myself and was going to post it but you've saved me the bother!

I trusted GJ judgement when sold Carle and doubled our money in process

However I'll still be disappointed if Dele gets sold - by all accounts (well Arny's) fee of 300k has been agreed and it's now down to Dele. Hope he stays as need his type of golf club in the bag!

No s**t.

Show pony. I can't believe Warnock actually signed Carle thinking he had a creative genius on his hands? He was creative, with end product, in one game in a City shirt and it happened to be the play off game at Selhurst.

Aside from that he's a dirty Aussie capable of putting in a big tackle and his Chilean blood gives the impression that he has good technique and is comfortable on the ball, which he is in fairness. Has a maximum passing range of 12 yards.

Not seen so many posts on here recently bemoaning the sale of Nick Carle, but it seems that GJ may be infinately wiser than some resident forum experts.

i read a post on here earlier where a Palarse fan was quoted as saying " you must have seen us coming to sell us that one trick pony Carle for over £1m ""

and yesterday Carle was subbed at halftime, against a team of ten men, with a later radio interview by Colin bemoaning the fact that " Palace currently has a deficit of CREATIVE players."

http://news.BBC.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ace/7863205.stm

we'll never know the basis of most of his decisions, or agree with all of them so in the meantime

" IN GJ WE TRUST "

:englandsmile4wf:

one fans view after a bad result........I'm sure there is plenty of games where we have had players subbed at half time when they are having a offday and people on here have said how rubbish they are and a week later they will be great.

either way, I'd like to have a central midfielder that's scored as many or created many goals as he has this season, because at the moment it's something we lack

He might have been taken off because he was having a bad game. From what I've seen on the championship lately Carle looks like he's playing quite well but maybe he just had a bad day at the office yesterday. Now as much as we all hate Colin at least he takes off their "creative central midfield player" if he's having a stinker.

Thats more than our 'creative' midfielder has achieved, so what do you think of 'him' ???

In 30+1sub Carle has 4 goals and 4 assists.

In 30+1sub LJ has 1 goal and 2 assists.

I'd go for the one who's 100% committed to the cause and a popular member of the dressing room, who doesn't cause upset.

I'd go for the one who's 100% committed to the cause and a popular member of the dressing room, who doesn't cause upset.

That attitude is very commendable edson, unfortunately second rate players who have the attributes you so admire, won't get us promoted. Going by your criteria we should have kept 'good old Bas',

By the way would you include Stern John in those you would keep?

That attitude is very commendable edson, unfortunately second rate players who have the attributes you so admire, won't get us promoted. Going by your criteria we should have kept 'good old Bas',

Second rate players don't get you to a play off final and in the top half of the Championship after 29 games.

No, I wouldn't keep Stern John, because I think we have better strikers at the club who put in more effort.

Thats more than our 'creative' midfielder has achieved, so what do you think of 'him' ???

In 30+1sub Carle has 4 goals and 4 assists.

In 30+1sub LJ has 1 goal and 2 assists.

LJ also has 4 assists, the same as Carle.

LJ also doesn't take our penalties.

There were a fair few people over rating Carle's contribution it's true but the main criticism of the manager was actually letting him go without getting a replacement. I'd suggest that had we signed a central midfielder who can get up and down and create around the box we'd be a significantly stronger team.

The attributes that GJ goes for did get us promoted then took us to a playoff final in our first year and this year have taken us to within 7 points ( with a game in hand ) of the playoffs spots again.

Guest ashtonyate
There were a fair few people over rating Carle's contribution it's true but the main criticism of the manager was actually letting him go without getting a replacement. I'd suggest that had we signed a central midfielder who can get up and down and create around the box we'd be a significantly stronger team.

You have hit the nail on the head its not that we sold him its because we have never replaced him, with a small squad like ours we have no back up or competition in the midfield.

that's the problem, no one would have had a problem with the Carle sale if we had brought in another box to box central midfielder to replace him, we didn't in the summer and we still haven't in January.

no wonder we have struggled at times.

I am using both clubs OWN statistics. City's show 2 assists for LJ

If YOU know better than those, perhaps you might like to put BCFC right.

BTW. LJ doesnt take penalties (surprisingly) but he takes most everything else.

I don't think they are the club's statistics though?? They are provided by the web site hosts of all the football league club's websites.

LJ has 4 assists in the league this season, NC has 3 that's all I'm saying.

Archived