IGNORED

3 Up Front

gater2

A draw will not be enough tomorrow so we evidently have to score. It would be fair to say scoring hasn't been our fortee this year (only 2 teams in the top half of the league have scored less than us, and we've only scored 6 more goals than the bottom 2 teams ... nuff said). We also have the best defence in the league so in my view we should play a 3-4-3 as we HAVE to go all out for it.

If i was DW I'd play:

Phillips

Carey - Coles - Hill

Murray - Tinnion - Doherty - Bell

Miller - Peacock - Roberts

Bench:

Stowell

Butler

Caskey

Goodfellow

Lita

Or perhaps stick Metty in the middle and play Bell and Louis as wing backs and maybe Roberts just behind the front two.

It's such an important game I really think it's time for our attacking players who have under-performed this year (Miller, Roberts, Goodfellow (sort of) etc) to show what they are really made of; the defence has already impressed this year and has nothing to prove but the attack has been dire for the most part.

That team looks fine to me. Our back four may be better because Butler doesnt fill me with confidence. I know Danny wouldnt but i would like to see Roberts, Miller and Lita as the 3 up front but it aint going to happen.

I think we can expect the same team as the last couple games except for Rougier giving way to Murray. Unless there is truth in what he said on Socer AM yesterday (QPR's result affecting team selection).

Archived