Sproule.......Skuse..........Johnson.......McIndoe

.......Adebola......Styvar

Subs:

Weale,

Willliams

Akinde

Wilson J (Walker?)

John

Looking a bit thin on the ground without a doubt, especially as some of the players above ( un named) are also said to be doubtful. Hope a couple more aren't ruled out or we'll be really struggling.

I'd expect the lowest gate of the season, with only a few hundred Charlton fans and many out of town City fans giving it a miss due to travelling conditions - although this may not show in the figures if ST's are automatically included.

Probably not much over 14,000 either way.

As for the result, imposible to say, but if all the above are available would hope for a similar performance to Saturday's 2nd half and another 2-0 win, with Styvar notching his first goal. :city:

I think tonight we will do about 14000 - although like you said, it depends if season tickets are automatically counted. But its my understanding that they arent.

Charlton will bring about the same as Barnsley I would have thought, about 300 or so.

The score I think will be 3-0, Styvar among the scorers and I wouldnt be suprised if Stern John gets a goal tonight after his poor performance on Saturday. I'd like to see Basso up his game a bit more - he's done some amazing saves, he's done the back heel, now he needs to follow it up with a goal tonight! (joking! although how funny would it be.....!)

If we are "up for it" I can honestly see us getting our biggest win of the season tonight.

Yes both sides have injury concerns (they've been playing Matt Holland at centre back!) however whilst City are in their best form of the season, Charlton:

[*]Suffered a soul destroying late defeat on Sat

[*]Are miles adrift at the botton

[*]Had a long journey at the weekend

[*]Have a pretty horribly journey today.

I honestly think that unless our 1st 11 is devastated then we should be looking at a comfortable win - AS LONG as we go for it from the whistle. If we lapse into our "lazy 1st half, we can do it in the 2nd" then CAFC may get their confidence back.

Basso

Orr, Carey, Iriekpen, Fontaine

Skuse, Johnson, Williams

Adebola, Styvar, McIndoe

Subs:

Weale

Noble

Akinde

Wilson J

John

It has all the makings of a comfortable home win, their struggling, not much support behind them, we're on a roll, so i am going for a 0-0 draw!

14k would be a good turn out

If we are "up for it" I can honestly see us getting our biggest win of the season tonight.

Yes both sides have injury concerns (they've been playing Matt Holland at centre back!) however whilst City are in their best form of the season, Charlton:

[*]Suffered a soul destroying late defeat on Sat

[*]Are miles adrift at the botton

[*]Had a long journey at the weekend

[*]Have a pretty horribly journey today.

I honestly think that unless our 1st 11 is devastated then we should be looking at a comfortable win - AS LONG as we go for it from the whistle. If we lapse into our "lazy 1st half, we can do it in the 2nd" then CAFC may get their confidence back.

No horrible journey today, unfortunately, as they travelled yesterday.

Squad bolstered by arrivals on loan of Elliot Ward and Tresor Kandol and re-signing on loan of Graham Murty.

They'll be scrapping desperately - hopefully our stretched squad can perform like the 2nd half on Saturday, in which case we should win fairly comfortably.

Hard to ever foresee a goal glut from City but it would be nice to be proved wrong!!.

No horrible journey today, unfortunately, as they travelled yesterday.

Squad bolstered by arrivals on loan of Elliot Ward and Tresor Kandol and re-signing on loan of Graham Murty.

They'll be scrapping desperately - hopefully our stretched squad can perform like the 2nd half on Saturday, in which case we should win fairly comfortably.

Hard to ever foresee a goal glut from City but it would be nice to be proved wrong!!.

Bear in mind on Sat they played Matt Holland - (creative midfielder) in a centre back parternship with Elliot Ward - who had only just joined on loan. If I was Dele, Stern or Styvar, that is the sort of centre back pairing I'd relish facing.

Ok, they travelled yesterday - but that still means since the weekend they've done a fair amount of travelling & we've done zip.

Agree entirely that goals & City hardly go hand in hand - but an early goal tonight & I think they could crumble.

Agree entirely that goals & City hardly go hand in hand - but an early goal tonight & I think they could crumble.

Haha - famous last words! You watch now, we will come up against a battling Charlton side and nick it with a last minute scappy goal rather than thrash them!

Either way I don't care, 3 points is 3 points - but I just hope that its entertaining and we are on the winning side!

Lets not take anything for granted guys.

Remember when we were flying after five successive league victories and we played at home against a Bradford team that hadnt won in months. They brought about 150 fans on a Tuesday night and upset us with a 3-2 win.

It would be oh so typical of City if we were to lose tonight!

The team that starts will probably be the same as the team that finished Saturday except Williams will be wide. If Maynard's fit he might take Dele's place I suppose, I think Dele will be poor because it comes too soon after the last game.

We ought to win if we're not overconfident, it probably won't be hugely convincing unless we get an early goal and Charlton capitulate.

Attendance will be just over 14k.

Bear in mind on Sat they played Matt Holland - (creative midfielder) in a centre back parternship with Elliot Ward - who had only just joined on loan. If I was Dele, Stern or Styvar, that is the sort of centre back pairing I'd relish facing.

Ok, they travelled yesterday - but that still means since the weekend they've done a fair amount of travelling & we've done zip.

Your way of thinking is turning tonight's match into a mouth watering prospect. :winner_third_h4h:

Alternatively, you could say Charlton are starting to gel already after only losing late on on Saturday, their luck is due to change, and if Iriekpen turns out to be a nightmare Websterlike signing and we concede early then all the aches and pains in our patched up squad will come to the fore and we will struggle, leading to an unlikely and embarrassing home debacle.

With Elliot and Maynard I think City could have expected to win comfortably, even possibly run riot (by scoring 3 :innocent06: ), but as things stand more like 1-0, maybe 2-1.

If you take into into account all our absentees and other availabilty queries, then despite our recent form a reinforced Charlton could even be rubbing their hands thinking it's a good time to play us.

I expect them to come and attack City ( a point isn't much use to them ) which could, as you predict, prove their utter downfall, or leave us red faced and desperately eyeing the bench for unavailable substitutes, depending on as little, maybe, as which team manages to score first.

-------------------------------Basso----------------------------

Orr------------Carey-------------------Fontaine-------Mcalister

-------Williams--------------Skuse--------------Johnson--------

Styvar-------------------------------------------------Mcindoe

-------------------------------Dele--------------------------------

McAllister's suspended.

McAllister's suspended.

In some circles he is, in some he isn't. I originally though he was, but he served a ban for 5 yellow cards in December against Swansea, as Edson pointed out to me yesterday.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=111839

The BBC still seems to think he is, but the FA and the 'suspensions' page on the OS disagree!

McAllister, McCombe, Elliot, Maynard and Brian Wilson are definitely out, so:

.......Basso.............

Orr........Carey.......Fontaine...... McAllister

Williams......Skuse..........Johnson.......McIndoe

.......Adebola......Styvar

Subs:

Henderson,

Noble

Akinde

Iriekpen

John

Sounds like McAllister isn't suspended after all (?), and Sproule isn't going to make it, so team & subs. adjusted as above.

I suppose Stern might start if Dele is knackered. :angry:

Hopefully no other late withdrawals or as far as I can work out we'll be needing Academy boys on the bench.

Your way of thinking is turning tonight's match into a mouth watering prospect. :winner_third_h4h:

Alternatively, you could say Charlton are starting to gel already after only losing late on on Saturday, their luck is due to change, and if Iriekpen turns out to be a nightmare Websterlike signing and we concede early then all the aches and pains in our patched up squad will come to the fore and we will struggle, leading to an unlikely and embarrassing home debacle.

With Elliot and Maynard I think City could have expected to win comfortably, even possibly run riot (by scoring 3 :innocent06: ), but as things stand more like 1-0, maybe 2-1.

If you take into into account all our absentees and other availabilty queries, then despite our recent form a reinforced Charlton could even be rubbing their hands thinking it's a good time to play us.

I expect them to come and attack City ( a point isn't much use to them ) which could, as you predict, prove their utter downfall, or leave us red faced and desperately eyeing the bench for unavailable substitutes, depending on as little, maybe, as which team manages to score first.

See Nog, what did I say, piece of cake...... cough, cough :winner_third_h4h:

Archived