IGNORED

Booing Of Stern John

freezer

I heard some people booing tonight as Stern John took to the field.

Now I havn't been too greatly impressed with his performances but each to their own, I actually thought he did very well when he came on tonight. Maybe he is beeter as an impact sub and Dele Adebola should always start games?

However, to boo a City player entering the field of play is bang out of order in my opinion and was the low point for me tonight. Ok, maybe he isn't rated that highly by some but to boo any Bristol City player who wears the shirt is very poor.

The guy is with us till the end of the season, he will wear the shirt of Bristol City and as such deserves more respect than what he got tonight.

Well done Stern you played well tonight - shut me up - hope it continues, you can never have enough strikers playing well,

Rant over.

I heard some people booing tonight as Stern John took to the field.

Now I havn't been too greatly impressed with his performances but each to their own, I actually thought he did very well when he came on tonight. Maybe he is beeter as an impact sub and Dele Adebola should always start games?

However, to boo a City player entering the field of play is bang out of order in my opinion and was the low point for me tonight. Ok, maybe he isn't rated that highly by some but to boo any Bristol City player who wears the shirt is very poor.

The guy is with us till the end of the season, he will wear the shirt of Bristol City and as such deserves more respect than what he got tonight.

Well done Stern you played well tonight - shut me up - hope it continues, you can never have enough strikers playing well,

Rant over.

quite right, it was only a few but there were definitely some boos. He was excellent tonight. Sadly the idiots have found another scapegoat.

Must admit didnt hear the booing in the Williams and must admit the appearance of Stern didnt fill me with great expectation BUT will not and cannot condone any booing of a City player whoever he is and in all fairness he did as much as Styvar did when he came on. I felt Charlton (Who were useless) brought us down to their level but fair shout to the lads for sticking in and getting another three points.

after stern put in his second strong tackle deep into our midfield territory, and found himself in a difficult situation where the ball wouldn't fall to him in the box, a Fat moron in front of me began a tirade of abuse at him for being lazy... suffice to say a lot of giggles echoed around, as did the squelch from my mouth as i bit my tongue to stop myself telling him what a complete #### he was ( well, i did sort'v mutter ;) )

once people make there minds up though, they just won't acknowledge a good performance

quite sad that we can't just get behind them, all 11. if not just for 90 god damned minutes

after stern put in his second strong tackle deep into our midfield territory, and found himself in a difficult situation where the ball wouldn't fall to him in the box, a Fat moron in front of me began a tirade of abuse at him for being lazy... suffice to say a lot of giggles echoed around, as did the squelch from my mouth as i bit my tongue to stop myself telling him what a complete #### he was ( well, i did sort'v mutter ;) )

once people make there minds up though, they just won't acknowledge a good performance

quite sad that we can't just get behind them, all 11. if not just for 90 god damned minutes

But you feel confident enough to say it on here ??

People booing John are just idiots.

The guy is a class playe- whether you like his lack of effort or not ,and most won't, he superb skill and control, brings players into the game well and is clearly having a positibe influence on some of the young members of the side.

Sure he is on his way down but he certainly gives us another option, espcially is Styvar is to play that badly. I bet people won't be talking about his performance whereas they talked alot about John's Saturda even though he made himself a great chance. Styvar didn't even do that tonight.

But you feel confident enough to say it on here ??

quite clearly

if you're going down the road of, "say it to my face, act like a man hooligan" crap then find someone interested in that sort of stuff. i do generally forget how manly it is to act like a caveman, and how much respect it earns you :)

i was merely showing an example of a fan, who clearly showed no understanding of the game tonight by slating a player for being lazy, when there were a few other players on that pitch who did far worse, and far less :)

Booing is like a Wagon Wheel...

complete waste of time,

does you know good

and afterwards you feel sick in the stomach.

If Stern John comes on as a 90th minutes substitute in the final game of the season and provides the pass that leads to a winning goal that clinches that final play off berth those boo boys will feel a right bunch of charlies and rrrrrightly so.

True. Despite being nowhere near the worse players on the pitch (Basso or McAllister, anyone?), Johnson and John were subject to some incredibly vitriolic abuse. We've won five out of six for christ's sake! People need to cheer up.

Tis quite baffling isn't it.

It's simply wrong to boo one of your players onto the pitch. It was only a few, but enough to be heard.

I've not been his greatest fan, but thought he linked up really well tonight. Offered us the ball into the front man on the deck, to hold up the play, something that was not happening before he came on, as Dele was losing everything to their centre-half.

I also noticed some of this 'coaching' that other players seem to have raved about when it comes to Stern helping them out with their game. Did anyone else notice the amount of times Stern was talking to Akinde, telling him where to position himself? Hopefully this will be a good learning tool for the still very raw Akinde. I've not seen any other strikers do that much 'communicating' on the pitch.

quite clearly

if you're going down the road of, "say it to my face, act like a man hooligan" crap then find someone interested in that sort of stuff. i do generally forget how manly it is to act like a caveman, and how much respect it earns you :)

i was merely showing an example of a fan, who clearly showed no understanding of the game tonight by slating a player for being lazy, when there were a few other players on that pitch who did far worse, and far less :)

Tanzley mate, grow up, I never once insinuated anything of the sort, what I was impying was that you felt the need to say what you said on this forum, but never had the nerve to say it to this persons face, but was obviously annoyed at what he had said in the first instance. Where you get all this "caveman hooligan crap" from I do not know, but it does prove my point really, you like to say "quite a few things" on this forum, but seem unable to hold an intelligent conversation with someone who asks you a question, so why didn't you speak to the person at the time, instead of telling us all on here how you felt hours later, it has nothing to do with hooliganism, I just get bored hearing people making bold statements on here about how they felt, but didn't challenge said person at the time, if you felt so strongly about it.

True. Despite being nowhere near the worse players on the pitch (Basso or McAllister, anyone?), Johnson and John were subject to some incredibly vitriolic abuse. We've won five out of six for christ's sake! People need to cheer up.

Bingo. I have no shame in saying I got on his back on Saturday, he was lax in his overall play and offered very little to the side, in place of a hard-working Peter Styvarm who, with games, will sort out his very odd positioning and come good. But today John did pretty well when he came on, and ran for the ball.

At times he reminds me a bit of Enoch. I remember Milwall away in the promotion season, I think he barely broke a sweat that day...

Tanzley mate, grow up, I never once insinuated anything of the sort, what I was impying was that you felt the need to say what you said on this forum, but never had the nerve to say it to this persons face, but was obviously annoyed at what he had said in the first instance. Where you get all this "caveman hooligan crap" from I do not know, but it does prove my point really, you like to say "quite a few things" on this forum, but seem unable to hold an intelligent conversation with someone who asks you a question, so why didn't you speak to the person at the time, instead of telling us all on here how you felt hours later, it has nothing to do with hooliganism, I just get bored hearing people making bold statements on here about how they felt, but didn't challenge said person at the time, if you felt so strongly about it.

i did ask if that was the road you were taking, as i was unsure :) I've heard all that threatening crap on here far too often.

i wouldn't have mentioned it had this thread not occured, i was giving my expereince from todays game which in someways was similar to the expereinces of the original poster. I am not, and never will be a particularly confrontational chap, however, if i feel the need to speak out i will, in this instance i wasn't going to have a go at a lump like him for the sake of being right, I'm pretty safe in the knowledge that he had a good day slating his own team, whilst my day wasn't ruined by him, infact improved as i can remain happy about my understanding of a game and thank the gracious lord i am not so blinkered in my views about certain players :)

I never felt particularly strongly about said incident, but hey ho :) and yes i do like to say things... What is the point in having an opinion and being a member of a forum that allows you to air that opinion if you're not going to just that? and yes i agree, sometimes i can be a bit agressive and dismissive, sometimes you need to vent frustrations safe in knowledge there will be no reprucussions... sad i know, but an argument on here has many a time emptied any rising contempt that may have caused an argument with a "real" person

I'm not entirely sure why i am justifying myself, but... :)

It's a bit like having a go at someone who pulls out in front of you on a roundabout when you are on their right hand side.

They don't understand right or wrong so they must be right so you can't educate them. If you dare try to they'll give you grief, the old saying that you 'casn't educate pork' springs to mind.

Is this still a Stern John thread?

To be fair, challenging people who boo or shout abuse at our players will more than likely get a 'robust' response. Most people don't go to a game to have a row/fight with someone they have to sit near to every other week.

And I totally understand that Windmill, I would be exactly the same myself, you don't have to "row or fight", just put your point across as politely as you can, after all, if you sit close to someone for a whole season, you usualy get to know each other, and you can have the friendly banter surely? there's no need for a full on argument.

Anyway it doesn't really matter now, we won, so happy days !!

i did ask if that was the road you were taking, as i was unsure :) I've heard all that threatening crap on here far too often.

i wouldn't have mentioned it had this thread not occured, i was giving my expereince from todays game which in someways was similar to the expereinces of the original poster. I am not, and never will be a particularly confrontational chap, however, if i feel the need to speak out i will, in this instance i wasn't going to have a go at a lump like him for the sake of being right, I'm pretty safe in the knowledge that he had a good day slating his own team, whilst my day wasn't ruined by him, infact improved as i can remain happy about my understanding of a game and thank the gracious lord i am not so blinkered in my views about certain players :)

I never felt particularly strongly about said incident, but hey ho :) and yes i do like to say things... What is the point in having an opinion and being a member of a forum that allows you to air that opinion if you're not going to just that? and yes i agree, sometimes i can be a bit agressive and dismissive, sometimes you need to vent frustrations safe in knowledge there will be no reprucussions... sad i know, but an argument on here has many a time emptied any rising contempt that may have caused an argument with a "real" person

I'm not entirely sure why i am justifying myself, but... :)

Cheers mate, thanks for the reply, I appreciate what you have said, fair play,

any way we won so lets just be happy.

Archived