IGNORED

So Complaining Does Work

Never to the dark side

so 1,700 extra Reading tickets are heading our way

So again a big thank you to all those who contacted the football lreague and made comments about

asking for more tickets

Although the reply was the basic one to every body and the football league

seem to wash thier hands of the situation

I think some one at the football league must have contacted the clubs

and said a lot more City fans wanted to attend the game

1,000 extra fans means approx 25,000 pounds

I also did e-mail BBC radio berkshire this wednesday morning explaining the situation

IF YOU DON'T ASK or REQUEST YOU DON'T GET

Obviously emails from supporters are helpful, but it's worth pointing out that the increase in our allocation came about as a result of direct discussions between us and Reading. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes that supporters may not always be aware of, and I'm glad to see that in this instance it has led to us being given an extra 1700 tickets.

so 1,700 extra Reading tickets are heading our way

So again a big thank you to all those who contacted the football lreague and made comments about

asking for more tickets

Although the reply was the basic one to every body and the football league

seem to wash thier hands of the situation

I think some one at the football league must have contacted the clubs

and said a lot more City fans wanted to attend the game

1,000 extra fans means approx 25,000 pounds

I also did e-mail BBC radio berkshire this wednesday morning explaining the situation

IF YOU DON'T ASK or REQUEST YOU DON'T GET

Obviously emails from supporters are helpful, but it's worth pointing out that the increase in our allocation came about as a result of direct discussions between us and Reading. A lot of work goes on behind the scenes that supporters may not always be aware of, and I'm glad to see that in this instance it has led to us being given an extra 1700 tickets.

Is this the secret handshakes and this is my sister, show me yours......

Well done to those persons that have made this happen.

Obviously the clubs between them are the only ones that can have the meaningful negotiations and dialogue, however I do believe that the paying public can be influencers in these decisions.If nobody had criticised the paltry original allocation would the effort have been put in to change it? Subjective question I know.

From Mondays gloom to Wednesdays joy with three points sandwiched inbetween.

Ultimately football is still a service industry reliant on the goodwill of its customers.

CTID.

I would have been surprised if we weren't given this further allocation as some of my friends who are Reading fans told me they tend to keep the extra seats empty when away teams have not had large allocations, meaning they wouldn't have been selling the extra tickets they gave us to home supporters.

The police dictate who does what, what the fans want has nothing to do with it and the clubs are powerless to change that - unless they stand up to the police, which, in general, they don't.

Bubble matches - clubs have no legal obligation to go along with that, but they do, for example.

Devon police wouldnt let us play Plymouth on the Saturday, for no good reason, for example.

Could go on and on.

Reading released a further block of tickets because the police said they could.

Discussions between the clubs were helpful, but not the deciding factor, lets not kid ourselves.

The police dictate who does what, what the fans want has nothing to do with it and the clubs are powerless to change that - unless they stand up to the police, which, in general, they don't.

Bubble matches - clubs have no legal obligation to go along with that, but they do, for example.

Devon police wouldnt let us play Plymouth on the Saturday, for no good reason, for example.

Could go on and on.

Reading released a further block of tickets because the police said they could.

Discussions between the clubs were helpful, but not the deciding factor, lets not kid ourselves.

We could of sold many 1000s more at Southampton last year but they weren't interesting in inconveniencing a few of their fans dispite there terrible financial situation it must of cost them tens of thosands of pounds, fair play to Reading

I'm so confused!

We're being told here to complain and we'll get extra tickets and by that annoying bald bloke on the One Show and that annoying Nicky Campbell on Watchdog, that we should always complain and that if we do companies will have to listen to us - that way they'll listen to us and we'll get our way...

And yet on the other hand, when we complain and ask for companies to do something about certain central midfielders or certain strikers (i.e. not play them) we get told by other customers and the company itself to shut up, or that it's none of our business, or that we don't know what we're talking about, or that we have no right to complain...

So who's right?!

We could of sold many 1000s more at Southampton last year but they weren't interesting in inconveniencing a few of their fans dispite there terrible financial situation it must of cost them tens of thosands of pounds, fair play to Reading

That's different though because Reading wont have to inconvenience their own fans to give us the extra tickets as that area would probably be left empty if we wont sell it

That's different though because Reading wont have to inconvenience their own fans to give us the extra tickets as that area would probably be left empty if we wont sell it

There were over ten thousand empty seats at Southampton, economic madness, no wonder they are in dire financial difficulties, turnining away tens of thousands of pounds for the sake of upsetting a few of there fans was crazy, i know that nobody wants to be moved from there usual seat but for the sake of the club it is a small price to pay

There were over ten thousand empty seats at Southampton, economic madness, no wonder they are in dire financial difficulties, turnining away tens of thousands of pounds for the sake of upsetting a few of there fans was crazy, i know that nobody wants to be moved from there usual seat but for the sake of the club it is a small price to pay

oh i still think that southampton should've done more, i was just saying that it was easier for Reading to give us these extra tickets as they will not have to move any of their own fans to do so.

That was just my response when comparisons were drawn from the two situations.

Although I had tickets for Southampton I knew of loads of people that wanted to go but had no ticket, so I emailed Southampton, putting up a case similar to yours. I even told the person who at least did reply, that the directors of Southampton were failing in their fiduciary responsibilities to act in the interest of their company. Unsurprisingly, I was met with absolute and total intransigence.

I would say that the police were almost certainly behind it, there is a limit to the number of City fans they want attending.

The fact is that we now live in a Toff led European Union Police state. Unfortunately for us, the ruling class Toffs that run the Police are anti football and that's why life will be made increasingly difficult for football clubs and us as football supporters. The Police are ruthless and overpaid bullies - stand up to them and they'll back down.

Although I had tickets for Southampton I knew of loads of people that wanted to go but had no ticket, so I emailed Southampton, putting up a case similar to yours. I even told the person who at least did reply, that the directors of Southampton were failing in their fiduciary responsibilities to act in the interest of their company. Unsurprisingly, I was met with absolute and total intransigence.

I would say that the police were almost certainly behind it, there is a limit to the number of City fans they want attending.

Yes - because the ones on the train back from Southampton were utter #### who I was ashamed to be alongside in my support of the club. Same with those who went on a "dash and smash" post-match. And the ones who started fighting with our own support during the game.

I'm glad it was limited to the amount we had - and that was with taking extra seats normally allocated to home fans.

Yes - because the ones on the train back from Southampton were utter #### who I was ashamed to be alongside in my support of the club. Same with those who went on a "dash and smash" post-match. And the ones who started fighting with our own support during the game.

I'm glad it was limited to the amount we had - and that was with taking extra seats normally allocated to home fans.

The antics you describe are irrelevant unless you think that the actions of the minority should be allowed to spoil the freedom and civil liberties of the majority.

For example, one of the ticketless fans was NTTDS who, if you don't know him is about as far from being a hooligan as you can get.

So you were happy that genuine City fans were unable to go then.

Nice.

And we didnt take seats reserved for home fans, because there were 8,000 of the ###### things empty. Southampton sold us tickets in the section reserved for away fans only - that was the point of the whole argument at the time.

The fact is that we now live in a Toff led European Union Police state. Unfortunately for us, the ruling class Toffs that run the Police are anti football and that's why life will be made increasingly difficult for football clubs and us as football supporters. The Police are ruthless and overpaid bullies - stand up to them and they'll back down.

I reckon you're a Tory voting OB just on a wind up Gobblers !

I reckon you're a Tory voting OB just on a wind up Gobblers !

I'd vote Tory, Labour or Liberal if they were anti European Union Police state but they're not so I'll be voting UKIP. Anyway, what a crap situation whereby football clubs have to beg to the Police for extra tickets.

I'd vote Tory, Labour or Liberal if they were anti European Union Police state but they're not so I'll be voting UKIP. Anyway, what a crap situation whereby football clubs have to beg to the Police for extra tickets.

I'm far from anti-police but - and I speak from first hand experience of several away games last season -

the way they treat genuine football fans is a scandal and they should be ashamed of themselves.

UKIP?!? Man, you have just lost all remants of revoltionary credibility... :disapointed2se:

UKIP?!? Man, you have just lost all remants of revoltionary credibility... :disapointed2se:

Think about it, the way things are in this country it's going to take a bloody revolution to get our corrupt self serving Lib-Lab-Con politicians to pack in their illegal European Union membership. As for corrupt European Union Policing policies at football, why do financially hard pressed football clubs have to pay for both stewards AND Police at low risk games? :noexpression:

Think about it, the way things are in this country it's going to take a bloody revolution to get our corrupt self serving Lib-Lab-Con politicians to pack in their illegal European Union membership. As for corrupt European Union Policing policies at football, why do financially hard pressed football clubs have to pay for both stewards AND Police at low risk games? :noexpression:

Oh, please! There's far more corruption in local and central government in this country than in the European Parliament!

The European Union has done more good than bad, and actually works in a way that disrupts and negates the Lib-Lab-Con control of our government. They aren't so reliant on party politics.

If we actually took the central European Parliament more seriously, we would have far more power and control over the government, and over our own lives and destiny. The real problem is that we don't take it seriously and go in half-heartedly, therefore gaining nothing from it, except what the controlling countries dictate.

As for the question of 'financially hard-pressed clubs', why is it the real clubs complaining about this are the super-rich teams from the Premiershi* - not lower down? They can spend literally tens of millions on ONE player - yet a few thousand in police costs is too much for them?

There is no consensus about policing costs and I've argued before that the recent English (not European) court cases will mean that the police authorities will be able to charge whatever they choose, as they will decide how many officers are needed to cover a match.

Don't fall into the UKIP trap, the only revolution they'll bring is to have us run by a bunch of half-a*sed racists, xenophobes and numptys.

Oh, please! There's far more corruption in local and central government in this country than in the European Parliament!

The European Union has done more good than bad, and actually works in a way that disrupts and negates the Lib-Lab-Con control of our government. They aren't so reliant on party politics.

If we actually took the central European Parliament more seriously, we would have far more power and control over the government, and over our own lives and destiny. The real problem is that we don't take it seriously and go in half-heartedly, therefore gaining nothing from it, except what the controlling countries dictate.

As for the question of 'financially hard-pressed clubs', why is it the real clubs complaining about this are the super-rich teams from the Premiershi* - not lower down? They can spend literally tens of millions on ONE player - yet a few thousand in police costs is too much for them?

There is no consensus about policing costs and I've argued before that the recent English (not European) court cases will mean that the police authorities will be able to charge whatever they choose, as they will decide how many officers are needed to cover a match.

Don't fall into the UKIP trap, the only revolution they'll bring is to have us run by a bunch of half-a*sed racists, xenophobes and numptys.

This thread is all about complaining and I certainly like complaining. I'm sick of seeing Police at the side of the road with their speed tax cameras raising revenue for their Toff puppet masters - I don't want to be seeing them at football as well. Stuff the European Union of Toffs as well - I didn't vote to be a member of it nor was I given a chance to vote on it.

Archived