IGNORED

Question

Jordan Tansley

why?

not the song, but why? why do fans(other than the magnificent eastend(when not giving other stands jip)) sing the song, clap along but not bounce? surely that entirely defeats the object? it was sung quite loud in the dolman last night, but only 10 people bounced! it was quite embarrasing really... and no, i don't care about view of the pitch, i don't care about some are too old. there was nothing going on in the game, for 30 seconds the young ones could of bounced, there are enough people with sufficiently able bodies to have a lil bounce

well done eastend, last night you proved we have a group of fans who are amongst the best in the country. i was proud to watch the eastend bounce

oneday ashton gate will bounce around for you

oneday

I think the East End is great, the make a fab atmosphere and they keep singing all through the game, something Ashton Gate had been lacking until 2/3 years ago.

But I am sick to death of being made to feel like an inferior fan because I don't stand in there, or I don't do exactly as the East End demands.

I bellow myself hoarse every game. No, I might not start a chant, no, I might not even join in with one. But I sit in the lower Dolman, 4 rows from the pitch and I make sure that every player that comes near me gets encouraged. I shout, I sing, I boo the opposition/ref. I come away with a sore throat nearly every week.

I bounced last night, and I loved every minute of it. But then it was ruined because the East End booed us because by their reckoning, not enough people bounced. Sorry, Tanzley, that we were an embarressment to you.

Maybe this is an over reaction, but I come away from Ashton Gate nearly every game feeling that I'm not good enough. Johnson loves the East End, as you all sing, and the rest of us clearly aren't good enough and I know you'll all jump down my throat and say I'm being silly etc, but you try sitting in a different stand, and have your fellow fans boo you because you don't fit into their mindset. Why the East End can't just sing, bounce and get behind the team without constantly digging at the other stands is beyond me.

Rant over, and well done for last night, it was a brilliant atmosphere, and I really do hope that we can get the whole ground bouncing before long. And that no one gets criticised if they don't.

• Admin
See my post about fear of being stabbed or something if you stand in Atyeo H Block.

I bounced in H Block. Some people though just bounced in their seats, what's that all about?

Around me the only complaints about standing are if someone malingers afterwards.

No-one's gonna mind a quick 30 second bounce here and there ;)

I think the East End is great, the make a fab atmosphere and they keep singing all through the game, something Ashton Gate had been lacking until 2/3 years ago.

But I am sick to death of being made to feel like an inferior fan because I don't stand in there, or I don't do exactly as the East End demands.

I bellow myself hoarse every game. No, I might not start a chant, no, I might not even join in with one. But I sit in the lower Dolman, 4 rows from the pitch and I make sure that every player that comes near me gets encouraged. I shout, I sing, I boo the opposition/ref. I come away with a sore throat nearly every week.

I bounced last night, and I loved every minute of it. But then it was ruined because the East End booed us because by their reckoning, not enough people bounced. Sorry, Tanzley, that we were an embarressment to you.

Maybe this is an over reaction, but I come away from Ashton Gate nearly every game feeling that I'm not good enough. Johnson loves the East End, as you all sing, and the rest of us clearly aren't good enough and I know you'll all jump down my throat and say I'm being silly etc, but you try sitting in a different stand, and have your fellow fans boo you because you don't fit into their mindset. Why the East End can't just sing, bounce and get behind the team without constantly digging at the other stands is beyond me.

Rant over, and well done for last night, it was a brilliant atmosphere, and I really do hope that we can get the whole ground bouncing before long. And that no one gets criticised if they don't.

You are going over the top. After "Johnson, give us a wave" even GJ sometimes gets booed for not waving. Its not malicious - its pantomime booing!

I'm starting to agree to be honest.

Yes the East End makes fantastic noise due to accoustics, and the ability to stand up.

HOWEVER

Before the East End was reintroduced to home supporters, where were these people? Sat in one of the other three stands with everyone else, making a poor amount of noise.

I bounced in H Block. Some people though just bounced in their seats, what's that all about?

Around me the only complaints about standing are if someone malingers afterwards.

No-one's going to mind a quick 30 second bounce here and there ;)

Well whenever it came to the Atyeo, it didnt seem to me as though there was much bouncing going on. I would love to have the whole ground sing, but people get annoyed for standing up and things like that, so i don't see why people cant reguarly POTD for the Eastend if we wanna go in there.

Yes the East End makes fantastic noise due to accoustics, and the ability to stand up.

HOWEVER

Before the East End was reintroduced to home supporters, where were these people? Sat in one of the other three stands with everyone else, making a poor amount of noise.

TRYING to create a atmosphere!

HOWEVER

i was in h block with the drummers :whistle:

TRYING to create a atmosphere!

Excatly, the EE lot have been moving around constantly over the past 8/9 years trying to create a better atmosphere when the East end hasnt been open. Williams block F was where the majority congregated for a while, then more recently we moved to G and N block of the Dolman.

Everyone in and around my block (back of block E) sings and occaisionally stands. I love standing and i think it would happen more but people are always nervous about the result. I was hoping we'd put the game safe against Charlton as i was sure we'd get the whole block maybe even stand bouncing if the pressure was off. Although the atmosphere we create isn't as constant as the EE i still think we do a decent job of getting behind the team (never been told off by anyone for standing, but don't want to stand up on my own like a lemon of course)

Well I'm currently sat in dolman block f and was bouncing around but to get abuse if i get in the way which is why me and a thew others changed to the atyeo e block today when renewing our season tickets so hope we wont get abuse there for singing and getting behind the team Bad spelling i know :city:

why?

not the song, but why? why do fans(other than the magnificent eastend(when not giving other stands jip)) sing the song, clap along but not bounce? surely that entirely defeats the object? it was sung quite loud in the dolman last night, but only 10 people bounced! it was quite embarrasing really... and no, i don't care about view of the pitch, i don't care about some are too old. there was nothing going on in the game, for 30 seconds the young ones could of bounced, there are enough people with sufficiently able bodies to have a lil bounce

well done eastend, last night you proved we have a group of fans who are amongst the best in the country. i was proud to watch the eastend bounce

oneday ashton gate will bounce around for you

oneday

You must have missed it from where you were sat, cos most of the Lower Dolman around me were bouncing around on a couple of occasions!! As far as I could see the whole Lower Dolman were bouncing.

There was a good section in the Atyeo at one point gave it a go as well (nr the back in the middle of the stand). Even the Williams had a bouncing section in the end of the stand that used to house the "yellow submarine" lot before the days of the EE.

Nothing like seeing GJ do it though!! Quality!!

mate, I'm dolman aswell.

and in no way do feel inferior, nor should anyone... just the song, kinda states you should bounce, hence i found the singing but lack of bouncing quite "embarrasing"

I feel a bit confused, so the fans who want to sing and bounce go to the EE and other people go other the parts of the stadium for the view or choice of stand. I'm all up for singing etc.. but I also go there to watch city not to bounce and to be fair didn't hear the whole williams bounce ateyo( was in the ateyo block E row AA) etc.. maybe you could say I was "too" concentreated on the game but if people don't want to bounce thats fair enough.

Having said that that I do admit is always a great sight to see the EE bouncing and if it becomes a whole stadium affair great I'd join in at the time.

Most of the old duffers in the Williams who can't 'bounce around' join in by banging the seats,

and have been doing so for years, but on Tuesday, for the first time ever, stewards moved in,

and said "you're all on camera" "stop banging the seats, or you get thrown out"

:disapointed2se: Killjoys!

To be honest I think it's just a mentality. I have watched City from all 4 stands and the main philosophy in the East End is to support the team and to be as loud, proud and stupid as possible in doing so. That way win, lose or draw - we'll have a great laugh doing it.

Many people in the other stands are not so sure whether others will join in. It will spread, don't worry.

Archived