IGNORED

Bobby Convey

Josh93

I'm not to sure that he will be able to sign for any other club while window is closed. I believe his registration will be held by Reading until the window opens again unless he was released before the window closed earlier this week.

Yeah, he can sign for anyone now he's not contracted to a club.

I'd like to see us sign him just so we can sing this:

Yeah, he can sign for anyone now he's not contracted to a club.

I'd like to see us sign him just so we can sing this:

What was the issue a few years back with Bas Savage where Coventry had to hold his registration while he played for us. I'm lost, legislation is a mine field.

What was the issue a few years back with Bas Savage where Coventry had to hold his registration while he played for us. I'm lost, legislation is a mine field.

Did he not do something like sign for them but never play, then changed his mind and wanted to come to us, so we had to get Coventry to release him before he could sign for us, even though he'd never even trained with them?

It was along those lines anyway, I think.

Did he not do something like sign for them but never play, then changed his mind and wanted to come to us, so we had to get Coventry to release him before he could sign for us, even though he'd never even trained with them?

It was along those lines anyway, I think.

I thought he had to get Coventry to re-sign him and loan him to us, because he'd played for them at some level after the transfer window shut.

I always thought that a player released by a club AFTER the transfer window has closed has to wait until the opening of the next window to play for another club, unless given special dispensation.

Once a player becomes a free agent i.e contract terminated then he is able to sign for another club at anytime of the season. It may have been the legend that is BAS Savage he was under 23 so any club sigining him would have to pay a fee to the club that holds his reg even if his contract expired because that club would be entitled to compensation.

I was thinking Bobby C would be worth a look but it has to be said he has only played 9 times this season and that may have been down to injury but even if it wasnt he would find it hard to reach the standard of fitness that GJ demands of his players.

Still if the player himself was willing to sign on a short term deal and prove his fitness then he would be less of a gamble.

With the new MLS season starting id put money on him returning there given the timing of his release.

Archived