IGNORED

The City Forum

freezer

I noticed that on the City Forum tag line it says LJ Talk Only. Why?

So in keeping with the party line I would like to start a thread about Lee Johnson.

I think Lee has played well lately, he has found space on the right - with the introduction of Gavin Williams in the middle - and uses the opportunity to add to the team in that part of the field, he is always looking to recieve the ball and help out the defence whenever possible. His fitness is great and he covers a lot of ground.

I will not mention any negatives in Lee's game or I may incur the wrath of the LJ Police, suffice to say that a winning formula is a good formula. Well done GJ and all.

I am as impartial as I can be - yes, I have my favourites and my own opinion - but please don't try to tell me what I should or shouldn't comment on, that is tantamount to dictatorship.

Drop the 'Poor old Lee' line please, we're all City fans, I don't agree with people being unfair to players but free speech is paramount. No one person should at any time be treated any differently to any other.

When Lee plays well he will recieve my plaudits, if he plays poorly he will recieve my disdain, that's how it is, just like any other player. I don't believe in being a 'lover' or 'hater' of players, each game and performance varies for most players - apart from Super Louis Carey for example :innocent06: .

If this forum or people want to single Lee out for special treatment it will only alienate him from the common fan.

Don't make Lee out to be a special case, he is part of the squad of Bristol City Football Club and as such does not deserve special treatment.

Rant over. Drop the 'LJ Talk Only' silly line and educate people in a sensible manner.

ps Most strange, within minutes of this posting, the sub-title now reads 'City Talk Only'. Thank you.

• Admin
I noticed that on the City Forum tag line it says LJ Talk Only. Why?

So in keeping with the party line I would like to start a thread about Lee Johnson.

I think Lee has played well lately, he has found space on the right - with the introduction of Gavin Williams in the middle - and uses the opportunity to add to the team in that part of the field, he is always looking to recieve the ball and help out the defence whenever possible. His fitness is great and he covers a lot of ground.

I will not mention any negatives in Lee's game or I may incur the wrath of the LJ Police, suffice to say that a winning formula is a good formula. Well done GJ and all.

I am as impartial as I can be - yes, I have my favourites and my own opinion - but please don't try to tell me what I should or shouldn't comment on, that is tantamount to dictatorship.

Drop the 'Poor old Lee' line please, we're all City fans, I don't agree with people being unfair to players but free speech is paramount. No one person should at any time be treated any differently to any other.

When Lee plays well he will recieve my plaudits, if he plays poorly he will recieve my disdain, that's how it is, just like any other player. I don't believe in being a 'lover' or 'hater' of players, each game and performance varies for most players - apart from Super Louis Carey for example :innocent06: .

If this forum or people want to single Lee out for special treatment it will only alienate him from the common fan.

Don't make Lee out to be a special case, he is part of the squad of Bristol City Football Club and as such does not deserve special treatment.

Rant over. Drop the 'LJ Talk Only' silly line and educate people in a sensible manner.

I'll hold my hands up and accept the blame for that one. It stemmed from a few weeks ago when every thread seemed to descend into a Lee Johnson debate. Amongst the debate over whether he should have his own sub-forum I adjusted the main forum's description as a light hearted reflection of what the forum had developed into. It was only meant to be for a few days and to be honest about it I forgot to change it back.

Anyway, you are only the second person to have mentioned noticing it so it clearly missed its audience :(

I've reset it to its rightful description now.

I'll hold my hands up and accept the blame for that one. It stemmed from a few weeks ago when every thread seemed to descend into a Lee Johnson debate. Amongst the debate over whether he should have his own sub-forum I adjusted the main forum's description as a light hearted reflection of what the forum had developed into. It was only meant to be for a few days and to be honest about it I forgot to change it back.

Anyway, you are only the second person to have mentioned noticing it so it clearly missed its audience :(

Cheers Madger, noticed that other threads - Stern John for example - had been attempted to be turned into a LJ thread, it does go both ways and had become retrospectively very silly indeed.

Let's try and keep it all on a level footing based on players performances, if that's ok and each to their own like.

In keeping with the positivity towards LJ.....

he is always looking to recieve the ball and help out the defence whenever possible.

I've noticed this lately too, especially with Williams in the middle.

Could it be that (dare I say this to the people sat around me that hate him...) the reason that he appears to make the odd stray pass is because he's actually making himself available more often?

Cheers Madger, noticed that other threads - Stern John for example - had been attempted to be turned into a LJ thread, it does go both ways and had become retrospectively very silly indeed.

Let's try and keep it all on a level footing based on players performances, if that's ok and each to their own like.

If you are refering to the post i put in the stern John thread that you commented on Freezer it wasnt an attempt to turn it into a LJ thread. I was making an observation about the simalarities between the stick that John has received recently and the stick Lj got a while back when they were both substituted. Another poster had said why don't we get behind Stern and cheer him on instead. I pointed out that it was a good idea and that we should do it to LJ as well......an observation whichy i believe i was justified in making. You chose to read it as an attemt to turn it into a LJ thread!!!!!

I noticed it and raised a wry simle a few days ago, if that's any consolation.

While I'm here... It is a regular occurence with City to see a player stranded on one of the wings with no back-up or support. Since Lee moved out of the central role, I think he has used his common sense and gone to assist those players on most occasions, helping to retain possession and keep the move going. It's useful, if nothing else.

Archived