IGNORED

Penalty Taker

atyeoboy17

I have to admit I groaned when I saw Bradley put the ball down on Staurday, as I think his previous penalties have been poor, even when they've gone in.

But that was a good penalty, IMO. He got his foot right through the ball and even if the keeper had gone the right way he might have struggled to get it.

So as long as Bradley takes penalties like Saturday, rather than his previous "scuff it along the ground and hope the fourth bounce confuses the keeper" approach, I'm happy for him to take the next one.

:noexpression: Can the same logic not be applied to all penaltys taken? It went in, it was therefore a great pen?

Exactly, Penaltys are 90% luck in most cases.

Its simple if you guess the right way then its a text book pen, if not then you look like an idiot.

Exactly, Penaltys are 90% luck in most cases.

Its simple if you guess the right way then its a text book pen, if not then you look like an idiot.

With all due respect this is complete nonsense.

Why can't players choose to put the ball where the goalie can't reach it? It isn't hard. Just watch some Germans taking penalties and learn.

As stated above, it was an awful penalty, near to the goalie's central starting point and at just the right height. It only turned into a good penalty because the goalie guessed the worng way.

I know there have been some good players to take pens over the years that are not strikers/forwards. IMO they are paid money to put the ball in the back of the net. Maynard or Dele should be taking the pens or even Stevar. Orr can strike a ball ok but it should be a strikers job.

I know there have been some good players to take pens over the years that are not strikers/forwards. IMO they are paid money to put the ball in the back of the net. Maynard or Dele should be taking the pens or even Stevar. Orr can strike a ball ok but it should be a strikers job.

I wouldn't want Dele taking them.

With all due respect this is complete nonsense.

Why can't players choose to put the ball where the goalie can't reach it? It isn't hard. Just watch some Germans taking penalties and learn.

As stated above, it was an awful penalty, near to the goalie's central starting point and at just the right height. It only turned into a good penalty because the goalie guessed the worng way.

Not really. you don't have to put it in the top corner for it to be a great pen, you simple have to score. The best pens are rockets at 80mph, it doesn't matter where, because you are not in control of the keeper mind and can't possibly know what hes thinking. You don't need particularly good technical either, thats rubbish, I don't know how many pens ive seen missed by the Beckham's of this world trying to be clever, when really you just need a Christian Zeigler type player taking them, like Orr.

Archived