IGNORED

Long Way For Nothing

Barrs Court Red

But should you laugh, or cry?

Ok laugh, because this has happened to the gas

But this could have been us at an away game on a winters Tuesday night. (not even a derby)

It's about time football clubs and authorities thought more towards the supporter.

This game was deemed fit early this morning, so should have least made extra effort to keep the game on.

Perhaps a mid-day decision would have been better, and the weather forecast would have been better reading for the NIGHT kick off.

Leaving it until a couple of hours before kick off for such along distance, then calling it off.

I would be more than pissed off if it was if i was on my way to watch City.

I forget which game it was, but last Tuesday on Radio 5 they counted 19 away fans at one game, dedication!

I'd be pissed off if I was Gash and had got there to find out it was off, but maybe I wouldn't have bothered making the trip seeing as we've just had the worst snow in 20 odd years! Not the brightest lot!

I forget which game it was, but last Tuesday on Radio 5 they counted 19 away fans at one game, dedication!

I'd be pissed off if I was Gash and had got there to find out it was off, but maybe I wouldn't have bothered making the trip seeing as we've just had the worst snow in 20 odd years! Not the brightest lot!

those were plymouth fans, there team and manager were so impressed they made it they are laying on a coach and paying for there next away game, nice touch.

Yep - yet another example of football authorities/clubs not giving a thought for fans.

I don't see why a rule of at least (say) 4 hours notification for a postponment can't be put in place to save both home and away fans the trip.

Also can you imagine the effect tonight, on the carbon footprint, with two mini-buses (one being for the team) and a robin reliant speeding up the M6 for no reason.

Mind you you can't help some fans - about 8 seasons ago, I left work on a Friday night, picked up the good lady and headed for Blackpool. Hotel, drinks, breakfast and a couple of mile drive to the ground only to find it had been called off 5.00pm the night before!

Still if I remember correctly, went to the re-arranged night match and won 2-0, Matt Hewlett scored two I think! :icecream:

To be fair if you got a ticket you'd probably make the journey incase it is on.

I read in this weeks local sunday indie, that plymouth took 19 to Preston last week. The club have given them free coach travel to there next away game. Those 19 were dedicated but Plymouth must have the most fickle support in the country, wasnt long ago we had there fans on here telling us just how big a club they were!!.

Couldn't believe it was ever on, I live less than 10 miles from Crewe and it's brass monkeys with much snow still on the ground.

The snow is still on the ground in Hyde. Looks like I will be watching Woodley AFC (with their weatherproof astroturf pitch) on Saturday.

J

I read in this weeks local sunday indie, that plymouth took 19 to Preston last week. The club have given them free coach travel to there next away game. Those 19 were dedicated but Plymouth must have the most fickle support in the country, wasnt long ago we had there fans on here telling us just how big a club they were!!.
19 fans? That is absolutely disgraceful for a championship club.

Archived