IGNORED

Squad No.12

simonwheeler

As we have been officially given our own squad number 12 for this season do you not think that as with yesterdays performance just ONCE the club could give us the man of the match award. Now I am not taking anything away from another credible performance by GJ and the team against a team clearly destined to be playing else where in Bristol next season and I do appreciate that GJ recognised the contribution of the supporters in his after match interview, but, personally I think that the fans did as much as anyone in creating the base for us to go on and win.

We all know that in the past the gutter press have been very quick to jump on any violence or the suchlike at grounds and christen it the football "disease" well where are they now when we have a superb bunch like the East end who are clearly intent on making football an entertainment for all (INCLUDING SIR GJ - When was the last time any Manager was witnessed bouncing along with the fans!!!!).

I have been going to Ashton for nigh on forty years and yesterdays atmosphere was as good, as funny and more importantly enjoyed by all with BCFC in their hearts as I can remember. Even the Williams where I presently reside (don't worry I have done all the other stands and even uncovered terraces during my time) joined in albeit it is difficult to "bounce" when the seat in front is SO close (Design observation for SL for the new ground).

Sadly with the onset of the new stadium and having just read the excellent article in the new edition of "One team in Bristol" I wonder "if" when we move down the road we will ever be able to create or witness a similar experience therefore let us all enjoy it and take part in it whilst we can. I just hope those with their hands on the cheque books and the plans DO take note of the true fans wishes and a new East end is incorporated into the new stadium with an opportunity for those who want to stand safely to do so.

A massive vote of thanks to all the boys and girls in the East end for creating this atmosphere which now makes match days even more enjoyable and is clearly uniting all at Ashton.

I know there has been a lot of positive comments on the subject on a previous thread, but, in my opinion SQUAD No.12 WERE MEN/WOMEN OF THE MATCH YESTERDAY (despite what anyone else or paper) might think.

GREAT SHIFT BY ALL - ALWAYS BELIEVE

I'm a saints fan through and through but i went to the game yesterday and i have to say that was one of the best home support i have ever seen. the fans in the same stand as us sung for the whole game non stop and the resst of the stadium were joining in and singing to which made for a terrific atmosphere in the ground which is a very rare thing now days.

they were also a good and well organised footballing team though we did look good at times i feel were doomed to drop now but i would like to wish bristol all the best and hope they get promoted and show some of the prem teams how a club should be supported. fair shout to them a proper club, proper stadium and proper fans. a absolute credit to the sport

Quote from a saints forum...

I'm a saints fan through and through but i went to the game yesterday and i have to say that was one of the best home support i have ever seen. the fans in the same stand as us sung for the whole game non stop and the resst of the stadium were joining in and singing to which made for a terrific atmosphere in the ground which is a very rare thing now days.

they were also a good and well organised footballing team though we did look good at times i feel were doomed to drop now but i would like to wish bristol all the best and hope they get promoted and show some of the prem teams how a club should be supported. fair shout to them a proper club, proper stadium and proper fans. a absolute credit to the sport

Quote from a saints forum...

Did anyone hear the idiot, who texted in to radio Bris who said he wishes that GJ would not join in with the bounce around the ground chant, when it is sang to him as this idiot belives it makes us a laughing stock and is disrespective to the visiting team.

Go get ya self a life and some happy pills, I smell gas ?

Archived