IGNORED

Players Mindset!

red man dan

Having watched the player interviews of late, it is clear that their mindset is absolutely spot on at the moment and they, like the manager and coaching staff(plus i assume other members, psychologist?) should take great credit for that.

What has struck me is the immediate responce of players, Ivan Spoule, adebola and Skuse being of note, to talk of the good run and form. almost without a breath they move straight onto the tasks ahead and not of what has just happened, and it really does seem that they wont get carried away or become complacent in any way. They have all stated how the past has gone and they need to now think of the next game, and do it one at a time. Its really good to see especially at this time of the season and when we are on a run like this. You never really see alot of what is put into players minds but it is clear from the standard responce of our players that they are clearly taking on board the need to stay focused and not rest on their laurels. Good effort the Psychology team at AG.

Its like we are taking all the confidence from the run, but only using it positively and not becoming arrogant from it. Some teams on a run like ours could have taken Saints, for example, a bit lightly on saturday and become unstuck with a draw. We had won 4 in a row, unbeaten in 8 and they were second bottom but its pretty obvious that GJ would not have allowed any such thoughts to have occured.

The mindset of players will be so critical at this time of year, and i think at the moment we are displaying all the right attributes to really push on in that regard. :englandsmile4wf:

Having watched the player interviews of late, it is clear that their mindset is absolutely spot on at the moment and they, like the manager and coaching staff(plus i assume other members, psychologist?) should take great credit for that.

What has struck me is the immediate responce of players, Ivan Spoule, adebola and Skuse being of note, to talk of the good run and form. almost without a breath they move straight onto the tasks ahead and not of what has just happened, and it really does seem that they wont get carried away or become complacent in any way. They have all stated how the past has gone and they need to now think of the next game, and do it one at a time. Its really good to see especially at this time of the season and when we are on a run like this. You never really see alot of what is put into players minds but it is clear from the standard responce of our players that they are clearly taking on board the need to stay focused and not rest on their laurels. Good effort the Psychology team at AG.

Its like we are taking all the confidence from the run, but only using it positively and not becoming arrogant from it. Some teams on a run like ours could have taken Saints, for example, a bit lightly on saturday and become unstuck with a draw. We had won 4 in a row, unbeaten in 8 and they were second bottom but its pretty obvious that GJ would not have allowed any such thoughts to have occured.

The mindset of players will be so critical at this time of year, and i think at the moment we are displaying all the right attributes to really push on in that regard. :englandsmile4wf:

Their attitude and professionalism is top notch. And also a good mix of players that all bring different attributes. And all this isn't just about interviews, it goes on to the pitch. Within a few minutes yesterday we had Adebola running back and seeing the ball out of play for a goal kick and Skuse charging down the keeper. This hard work and running gets results.

Their attitude and professionalism is top notch. And also a good mix of players that all bring different attributes. And all this isn't just about interviews, it goes on to the pitch. Within a few minutes yesterday we had Adebola running back and seeing the ball out of play for a goal kick and Skuse charging down the keeper. This hard work and running gets results.

Nicky Maynard showed his willingness to close down lost causes countless times. Always good to see.

Nicky Maynard showed his willingness to close down lost causes countless times. Always good to see.

I thought that aswell, even when he was on that bad run of form in front of goal he always worked hard and didnt sulk around the pitch like some strikers would have done.

His attitude is top draw IMO.

Archived