IGNORED

Marvin Elliot

parkender78

when we get marvelous marvin fit it would appear we have a sellection problem in midfield.Going on current form of the midfield who would you drop to accomadate marv?

I think to start with, we shouldn't drop anyone.. not doubting Marv's ability but Skuse and Williams have been quality lately and Marvin will have to fight for his place in there

Elliot Williams Skuse is our best midfield imo not even going to print who is dropped cus I'm not a knocker

Elliott is far and away the best midfielder at the club and when fully fit must play, Williams is offering something that we have lacked for years so he must start, so it would have to be Skuse or Johnson to miss out, I would guess that it would be Skuse who misses out.

Guest ashtonyate

I was watching Williams Saturday and the last 15 minutes he looked knackered I think if we had another midfielder on the bench he would have been taken off,that said he has certainly started to look the part in the last few games.

I think it will do every body a favourer to have another fit midfielder on the bench but if i had to name the midfield with all being fit it would be Skuse (what an improvment he has been in the last few games)Williams & Elliott its a no brainer really johnson as Sub not that I don't like Lee but williams is just a bit better but no as fit at the moment?.

In all honesty I do not think anyone could be dropped for Marv at present which is fantastic for BCFC.

Having previously questioned the selection of LJ I feel it only fair to be big enough to say he has for me been a revelation and an integral part of why we have maintained our current run of form.

He has steped up to the plate in Marvs absence taking on a more disiplined role which seems to be suiting him by allowing Williams to become more involved in the attacking 3rd. Added to that, the form Skuse is showing and that of MacIndoe who seems to be improving back towards his best, we have a very good unit in the middle all complimenting each other.

With Marv to come back, Sproule chomping at the bit to get on the pitch we do seem to have the balance correct. Even if 2 months ago it did not look that way.

So the future is bright, the future is CITY!

What if we win every game until he is fully fit - he still gets an automatic pass back into the team? I hope not, and I don't think that's the way Johnson operates.

The mark of a good manager is to have the guts to change the team even when you are on a good run and remember Elliott has been part of this good run until he got injured at Plymouth and boy couldn't we have done with him in the second half on Saturday when one or two went missing, no doubt about it for me as soon as he's FULLY fit then straight back in the first 11

The mark of a good manager is to have the guts to change the team even when you are on a good run and remember Elliott has been part of this good run until he got injured at Plymouth and boy couldn't we have done with him in the second half on Saturday when one or two went missing, no doubt about it for me as soon as he's FULLY fit then straight back in the first 11

Hmm, see where you are coming from, but I'd say the mark of a good manager is to back players who are playing well. Not really sure who went missing on Saturday - a 1-0 lead is a dangerous one, home or away. Particularly as the second half progressed, we were bound to be put under some pressure and I think we handled that well. Since Elliott's injury, we've won five in a row, scoring 10 and conceeding only 2. There would be no justification for bringing him straight back in whatsoever - the midfield might as well just give up if he was bought straight back.

Of course, this is all hypothetical, who knows where we'll be by Mid-March when he's back.

Simply no one should be dropped at the moment. The team is on a good run and there is no need to drop anyone. My personal preference would be to actually drop Williams if the need came because he was sloppy in the second half saturday whereas Johnson looked a little more calm on the ball. In the long run I think that Skuse and Johnson will be good deputies for Williams and Elliot but who knows. Bright times ahead me thinks.

Archived