IGNORED

Dele Struggling For Donny

Ashton Great

Personally I'd go with Stern, as he has the experience of playing at this level and should be good at holding the ball up in what might be a backs to the wall counter attacking type game.

I get as frustrated as anyone watching him, but I think he has demonstrated brief glimpses of his ability so far and he seems to bring out the best in Maynard.

Also, not sure that Styvar is ready just yet. Although I suppose the only way he'll get the experience is by playing games - tricky one that!

I actually hope Dele makes it - he was brilliant again saturday. Starting to think he's NOT past it.

Absolutely agree RIAZ, was just weighing up the alternatives in case Dele doesn't make it. I guess those big legs take a lot of healing - he was out for a few weeks with a dead leg not long ago, and I though Tommy Doherty was the only one that could be out for a month with one!!

If fit I can't believe he'll not start, as he seemed dead keen to keep up his form in the World post-match interview.

However I go with what some others on here have been saying and think that with the options available to us in the striking department I'd prefer a fully fit Stern John/Peter Styvar over a half fit Dele, especially if it means he'll be back in contention versus Reading.

He may well prove to be vital against the Royals, who have been very tight at the back recently.

BTW Worth noting they've scored only one goal in the last four games, but concended just two.

Archived