IGNORED

The Official Ateyo Atmoshpere Thread

Forza Revolution

I really hope this idea takes off as it would be excellent seeing the Park End trying to give the East End a run for its money, the only problem I can see is the reserved seating.. You have singers spread out all over the stand. Perhaps someone needs to approach the club about having a singing block for next season?

I have two mates who sit behind the goal in the Atyeo and are season ticket holders. They have both said they are moving stands next year as they are fed up with Saint & Greavsie sat in front of them slating everyone.. However, if this takes off they may be persuaded to stay and join in the fun...

Bring on the noise Park End! :englandsmile4wf::clapping::yahoo:

(You wont outsing us in the EE though! :whistle2: )

I like the retro name ''the park end'' so call it FORZA PARKEND, i don't see it as copying the eastend,

just a mirror reflection of the name Forza eastend, it's all Bristol city after all..

The eastend stuck to the fans nickname which is the eastend, no one has ever really seen it as the micra stand,

wedlock, keating or whatever stand just the eastend and the parkenders should do the same, the atyeo is still

the parkend but with a roof and seats..

My fear of this would be the chant is very old and very tacky.

I remember hearing Oxford Utd in the early nineties singing about being on the left side of london road, then the right side.

Fans used to rip them to bits with "shit song shit team, shit team shit song"

I would hate to see this pointless chant turned into an Ashton Gate chant, you hear it at a lot of lower division clubs.

I also don't think can you hear the _________ sing is a good chant. Not all fans go on the forum and it would be easy even for players to think or fans that the eastend are singling out weak support from other stands.

the thing for ateyo singers what i feel is that many who sit in there want to sing and jump about but we are slightly outnumbered by the ones who just want to watch the game so many people are too scared to get up and make themseles heard, for me i have no problem to let myself heard as i have the cinfidence to get up and dance about its just the majority don't want to sing and dance infront of everyone else

copied? forza is used throughout the world

its a bit like saying we copied "ole ole bristol city" from the spanish

or that we copied "123456789" from the arabs

get with the times

I wasn't saying EE were copying, hence the 'copied' just showing how ridiculous Riaz idea was.

I wasn't saying EE were copying, hence the 'copied' just showing how ridiculous Riaz idea was.

ridiculous? I was suggesting that it would be better for the atyeo to have a seperate identity to the EE - something that was original and apart of that ends history. I've no problem if they call it Forza Atyeo - just think If I was in there I would want call it something different?

How is that ridiculous?

John's Atyeo?

Could be seen as disrespectful removing the name of our best ever player from his stand.

there is a few ways to look at it. You could call it the park end ateyo. Or when we get our new ground he will have and rightly so the statue. But for it to take off people who don't read these sites who havnt got a clue whats going on need to know. So a name change would be the logical way round it and if it falls flat on its arse change it back. But you cant just expect there to be a change in atmosphere if nothing ever changes

ths thread is cracking me up.It reminds me of "the life of brian" .I vote the peoples front of judea. seriously though it doesnt matter what you call your end or what you sing, its about getting behind the team, making a niose that will intimidate and enjoying being part of the Ashton gate expiriance. We all remember last season against palace, How the dolman shook when trunds found the net, wasnt it great to be part of that game. I have often read comment on this forum that that was the best atmostphere at the gate in many years, probably true.It was FUN.

it isn`t just the EE that is 12th man ,its all of us,even the old men in the williams stand have a part to play .Lets not forget though that everybody has the right to support how they see fit, so if they don't wanna bounce they still can make the noise.

Haha! You're right, of course - it's all about unity and not divisions within our own group. City fans should be as one; a whole team of supporters getting behind the players and club, and aiming for one cause.

The truth is slightly different, as we're all going to have slightly different thoughts about how we get there and what our priorities are. My one concern about the East End (and generally it's been great this season) is that it's taken nearly all the loudmouth singers from around the ground and put them all in one place. Which is great for that one place - but not for everywhere else.

I'm in the Atyeo and in a bunch of people, most of whom are happy and willing to sing, but very often we need a couple of people around us to help get that going. Now earlier in the season we had them all singing 'Red Army' non-stop for nearly 20 minutes, but that doesn't happen very often. Not since so many of the people who started the singing bu**ered off down the East End.

It would be great to have a few more people around us who would be willing to join in.

Anyway, to join in with the name debate, as we're not the East End we must be the West End - so how about a bit of Pet Shop Boys?! 'Go West (And Join the Atyeo...)'

Anyway, to join in with the name debate, as we're not the East End we must be the West End - so how about a bit of Pet Shop Boys?! 'Go West (And Join the Atyeo...)'

Sorry, the west end just sounds daft. The east end isnt in the east of the ground, it never has been. The parkend has never been called the west end, just seems silly to create a new name for it.

John's Atyeo?

Could be seen as disrespectful removing the name of our best ever player from his stand.

Well you don't see anyone compaining about people calling the Eastend the Eastend rather than the Wedlock.I do wonder how many people on here realise he was a city player ?!

Also i think the Atyeo stand ruined the atmosphere at Ashton Gate in the first instance thus it would make more sence to have the Park end in the name ?

How about people currently in the Atyeo who want to sing and bounce and get behind the lads have say, a trial game.

In this 'trial game' the fans that want to create an atmosphere move their tickets in one main block, e.g the E block.(seems to make the most noise in the Atyeo), for one game and see what kind of effect that has.

I'd be more than happy to try it out.

PARK PARK PARKENDERS........

The Park End didn't really have it's own songs, but we were all very proud to be PARKENDERS nonetheless. It was always such a laugh in there - mind you it often had other business to deal with too.

Park End, Park End

Do Your Job

Was always a giggle in there

Archived