IGNORED

Noble

beefer75

Johnson said he had accepted loan bids from a few clubs, most recently Brighton but Noble doesn't want to go. He also confirmed he is out of contract at the end of the season, and I got the impression he won't be getting a new one!

Yeah, a good interview that was. Southend aswell, were in for Nobes? I think we may have seen the last of DN in a Bristol City shirt, to be honest.

I'm very suprised noble isn't even on the bench. I saw him at training on tuesday and believe me he was quality. Even my mate who is a rovers fan said he was the best player on the pitch. He seemed to run the show, beating one or two players then flicking it on, playing some great balls and also was giving others small pieces of advice.

The only reason i can think of why he isn't in the team is fitness, although it seemed to be as good as everyone elses, or he's had a fall out with one of the staff.

Shame if he goes, i feel we'll have let go a proper footballer, someone who likes to get it on the ground and flick it about. And i don't think anyone will forget the screamer against palace. And everyone city fan i know wants him in the team.

I'm very suprised noble isn't even on the bench. I saw him at training on tuesday and believe me he was quality. Even my mate who is a rovers fan said he was the best player on the pitch. He seemed to run the show, beating one or two players then flicking it on, playing some great balls and also was giving others small pieces of advice.

The only reason i can think of why he isn't in the team is fitness, although it seemed to be as good as everyone elses, or he's had a fall out with one of the staff.

Shame if he goes, i feel we'll have let go a proper footballer, someone who likes to get it on the ground and flick it about. And i don't think anyone will forget the screamer against palace. And everyone city fan i know wants him in the team.

I wouldn't.

Right wing i'd raher have Maynard, Sproule, Styvar

Centre Mid i'd rather have skusey, lj, marv, williams

Id rather have williams in the hole instead of nobes atm.

shame, used to be my favourite player. helped us get our of league 1. helped take us to wembley. played in the play-off final.

I wouldn't.

Right wing i'd raher have Maynard, Sproule, Styvar

Centre Mid i'd rather have skusey, lj, marv, williams

Id rather have williams in the hole instead of nobes atm.

shame, used to be my favourite player. helped us get our of league 1. helped take us to wembley. played in the play-off final.

I admit at the moment the first 11 i wouldn't change. There's no need to and i don't think he'd get in.

But i would expect him to be on the bench. I feel when he's come on he's changed the game, given us another type of player on the pitch. And if he is given a chance, he might be able to prove something.

having 2 right midfielders on the bench over Noble is a VERY odd decision, let alone for 2 games in a row, plus no Brian Wilson who can play many positions.

Shows how small our squad is, with Dele injury and Styvar also missing tongiht, surely we will be looking at the loan market to bring someone in.

I'm a big Noble fan,but IMO maybe he does lack that certain fitness level.He certainly has the quality,but at the minute the team are doing well and he has just got to get his head down and work harder in training.As for Saturdays snub because of 2 wingers on the bench as some have described it,I don't see it that way.I think he went for Murray,cause he can play at right back/right wing/up front,so basically he gives you more options and has not been in the squad for a bit,so he could be an example for all.As for Sproule,I think he is a cert on the bench unless he starts.I hope Noble does shine and stay and prove how good he can be.

The only thing that surprises me about this is that we offered him a contract extension last year. Most of last season it was clear Noble didn't really fit into the manager's plans. Did we give him another 12 months just to confirm he was no real competition to those in the first eleven? Are we going to give him another 12 months on the same basis?

The only thing that surprises me about this is that we offered him a contract extension last year. Most of last season it was clear Noble didn't really fit into the manager's plans. Did we give him another 12 months just to confirm he was no real competition to those in the first eleven? Are we going to give him another 12 months on the same basis?

When offered tjhe contract he was playing well and showing the correct attitude. Perhaps since he signed it his attitude hasn't been the same. We all know that GJ goes a lot on attitude and fitness so obvioulsy one or both of those have faltered.

I never understand in football why people look to blame or have a go at everyone else but the player....

When offered tjhe contract he was playing well and showing the correct attitude. Perhaps since he signed it his attitude hasn't been the same. We all know that GJ goes a lot on attitude and fitness so obvioulsy one or both of those have faltered.

I never understand in football why people look to blame or have a go at everyone else but the player....

Oh I think the blame lies squarely with the player. I hope after retires he doesn't wake up one morning and realise he played a level or two below his ability his whole career because he couldn't apply that ability to the modern game which requires fitness levels and discipline too.

This has been a recurring problem since he was a youth player. Did we really believe two months of towing the line when his contract was up at the end of the season was anything more than that?

The fact that Murray made the bench before him sums the situation up. I'm a DN fan but as it has been pointed out on here many times before, it seems he just doesnt have the right attitude to fit in here. Final straw must be turning down the loan moves, could of got himself match fit, sharp and back in the managers plans but seems he would rather stay in Bristol, training a few times a week plus a game for the reserves and collect the pay packet. Unless there is an injury crisis i think he has played his last game and will be let go in the summer.

Such great talent going to waste, I used to think that was down to him being a luxury player or GJ just rating him as better than who are already in the squad, not now, now I feel it's more down to DN not pushing himself, if he really wanted to play what better way than going out on loan and showing GJ what he can do when given a run in a team.

IMO I doubt we'll see DN pull on the shirt for BCFC again.

Noble is mentioned in Gazza's autobiography!

Gazza goes on to say Noble should be in the Premier League but lacks the attitude and hard work required to push himself further up the leagues.

I've never been able to find this in my book, was it in an updated one or something?

Archived