IGNORED

Hope We Aren't Exposed In Any Way To This?

redordead1

I think the only connection is Lansdown loves his cricket.

Would be surprising if two heads of pretty large financial services companies haven't discussed business at some point, don't you think?

The Madoff affair (where this investigation all started) has shown the levels of exposure many large banks/investors had with his company and the repercussions are still being felt. Fingers crossed that Landsdown isn't connected.

Would be surprising if two heads of pretty large financial services companies haven't discussed business at some point, don't you think?

The Madoff affair (where this investigation all started) has shown the levels of exposure many large banks/investors had with his company and the repercussions are still being felt. Fingers crossed that Landsdown isn't connected.

Possibly, but I don't think Hargreaves Lansdown is in the same league, so to speak, as Stanfords operation so maybe they didn't cross paths. Of course you never know in high finance but just looking at Stanford you get the impression he's fake whereas SL comes across as my idea of a proper financier. Could well be talking bo**ocks though.

Possibly, but I don't think Hargreaves Lansdown is in the same league, so to speak, as Stanfords operation so maybe they didn't cross paths. Of course you never know in high finance but just looking at Stanford you get the impression he's fake whereas SL comes across as my idea of a proper financier. Could well be talking bo**ocks though.

Yes.

A Financial Advisor is someone who keeps investing your money until it's all gone.

Yes.

A Financial Advisor is someone who keeps investing your money until it's all gone.

the ultimate in pyramid selling :disapointed2se:

i never liked the look of the bloke when i first saw him coming on stage with botham and the viv... he had some high as a kite eye ball thing going on and a smile that frankly looked like he had a long stick inside his mouth forcing it wider. well weird. so not that surprised.

the ultimate in pyramid selling :disapointed2se:

i never liked the look of the bloke when i first saw him coming on stage with botham and the viv... he had some high as a kite eye ball thing going on and a smile that frankly looked like he had a long stick inside his mouth forcing it wider. well weird. so not that surprised.

speaks volumes for the guy's arrogance that he was so eager to flaunt himself in front of the world's media whilst sitting on top of such a gigantic fraudulent business.

speaks volumes for the guy's arrogance that he was so eager to flaunt himself in front of the world's media whilst sitting on top of such a gigantic fraudulent business.

you don't know who has been swimming naked until the tide has gone out... a warren buffett classic.... you can always buy berkshire hathaway shares in times of doom.. they rarely let you down.

maybe stanford didn't actually get it himself!.. so believable was the 'lie' he ended up belieivng the lie himself. that and he loved the limelight and wanted it to last while it could. bit of a robert maxwell perhaps?

• Admin
just be very surprised if HL don't have any investments tied up with these guys. Hopefully if they do, it's been kept separate from the clubs funds and any losses are managed by HL and don't impact on BCFC

Why would HL accounts be tied in with City ?

Sure if they were "that close" Stanford would have bank rolled us to the Premier League ala Abramovich style by now !!!

Yes.

That may be the case abroad but in the UK a financial advisor can be held personally liable if bad advice they've given to a client ends up with the client losing lots of money. Success in their profession is largely based on reputation which can only be built through consistently making good returns for their clients.

That may be the case abroad but in the UK a financial advisor can be held personally liable if bad advice they've given to a client ends up with the client losing lots of money. Success in their profession is largely based on reputation which can only be built through consistently making good returns for their clients.

So they always give 'no risk' advice and thereby lose their clients opportunities to make money?

Archived