IGNORED

Fulham And Hoffenheim

bristolcitysweden

Why do you keep saying GJ never wants to sign young players? Akinde is playing tonight and he's only 19

If Rasmus Elm is being targetted by both Fulham and Hoffenheim then we have no chance. Both clubs are far richer than ours and are pushing for UEFA cup and Champions League spots repspectively

Why do you keep saying GJ never wants to sign young players? Akinde is playing tonight and he's only 19

If Rasmus Elm is being targetted by both Fulham and Hoffenheim then we have no chance. Both clubs are far richer than ours and are pushing for UEFA cup and Champions League spots repspectively

My point is that we should be signing 15/16 year olds.

We are rock solid and should invest the money we have wisely.

the youth acadamy that doesn't seem to be producing much at the moment?

skuse, j wilson, riberio this season have played. has done well over the years, i don't think we should abandon it and start signing foreign kids, just look at chelsea/liverpool who have hardly any english kids coming through as they buy all from abroad

the youth acadamy that doesn't seem to be producing much at the moment?

Because most (not all obviously) seem to struggle to break through when they get to their late teens....signing good prospects at 15,16 may not help the problem and just be a waste of time

• SC&T Board Members
Aren't Hoffenheimm that village team that are top of the Bundesliga. WTF's going on there ?

Multi-billionaire benefactor, that's what .... not owner (German league rules don't allow one entity to own more than 49% of a club - the rest has to be owned by the members) but benefactor .... was a member of the sports club in his youth, made his fortune in accounting software and is now having fun ploughing it into his village club.

i agree with skuse and to an extent ribiero but wilson has only been involved once or twice I believe and we haven't seen him since december

whilst I agree signing foreign kids won't solve the problem we need to do something soon because ideally a youth acadamy should be producing at least 1 or 2 players a year and while we have a god acadamy system we just aren't producing the players

Multi-billionaire benefactor, that's what .... not owner (German league rules don't allow one entity to own more than 49% of a club - the rest has to be owned by the members) but benefactor .... was a member of the sports club in his youth, made his fortune in accounting software and is now having fun ploughing it into his village club.

yeah population 3,000. made i larf.

i agree with skuse and to an extent ribiero but wilson has only been involved once or twice I believe and we haven't seen him since december

whilst I agree signing foreign kids won't solve the problem we need to do something soon because ideally a youth acadamy should be producing at least 1 or 2 players a year and while we have a god acadamy system we just aren't producing the players

[/ quote]

What academy produces 1/2 quality players every year? I mean say maybe Crewe but look where that gets them?

You'll improve the Academy by employing a top head man - preferably Dutch.

Our lads are fine until they reach 16.

At the moment we are crucing down the M5 - but with the emergency breaks on.

I love you Sweden! It's like watching the most surreal comedy show ever...

I know your English is far better than my Swedish, but I just think you Scandanavians are all nutters, anyway! You have to be to live in darkness for six months of the year.

My point is that we should be signing 15/16 year olds.

We are rock solid and should invest the money we have wisely.

Your point is we should be signing 15/16 year olds but Rasmus Elm is 20/21 is he not? :unsure:

Your point is we should be signing 15/16 year olds but Rasmus Elm is 20/21 is he not? :unsure:

Yes, and now he's out of our league because the big boys are after him - what he's saying was that we should have been after him five years ago before he became really famous and cost lots of money...

Archived