IGNORED

Allowed On Pitch If Promoted On Sat?

MurrayLives

If we get promoted on Saturday would we be allowed to go on the pitch at the final whistle?
Usually with that sort of thing they say that the players won't do a lap of honour if people go on the pitch. But to be honest, there isn't really much a few security guards can do if thousands of fans are running at them!

Guest exiledred

we will be told not to go on the pitch, but if we are promoted i reckon many will anyway!!!

last year was the first year for a while that they kept people off

Sounds exciting. Not half as exciting as running on the pitch, a memory that will stay forever, as Redtop was saying :)
Agreed, today if i wasnt with my Dad and a Few of our fans would of gone on i would of too, it would of been a good memory and when I'm 35, or whatever and I'm chatting to my mates and say "Remember 20 years ago when we all ran on the pitch at Barnsley after and so and so almost got arrested" or something along those lines.

NO, if city get promoted then we would recieve a shield(?) and all the players will celebrate and a lap of honour.

Do not run on the pitch!

Firstly would there be a shield in Bristol or would it be in Sheffield. Secondly I will run on if someone else does before me. As long as no-one runs towards the Blackpool players/end we should be alright and I don't expect the police/stewards will be to bothered. The only person who will worry would be the groundsman. :)

Firstly would there be a shield in Bristol or would it be in Sheffield. Secondly I will run on if someone else does before me. As long as no-one runs towards the Blackpool players/end we should be alright and I don't expect the police/stewards will be to bothered. The only person who will worry would be the groundsman. :)
Nno Probs there, Remember Stoke a few years ago, MUCH bigger chance of trouble with Stoke than Blackpool.

• Admin
You are right we did play Preston on the last day but we did play Stoke on the last day aswell :)
I know we played Stoke, but I thought he was referring to the time when both sets of fans were celebrating on the pitch at the end of the game. I have pictures from the Preston game of this, but don't have anywhere to host them so can't upload them.

The Stoke game you refer to, was one of the worst for trouble outside the ground we have seen down here for years.

I once enjoyed the last game of the season with runnin gon the pitch and getttig the players shirts but nolonger can we have the shirts as they go to sponsors and no longer can we go on the pitch as unsafe but I do agree IF AND A BIG IF we do go up I would want the players to do a lap of honor

I once enjoyed the last game of the season with runnin gon the pitch and getttig the players shirts but nolonger can we have the shirts as they go to sponsors and no longer can we go on the pitch as unsafe but I do agree IF AND A BIG IF we do go up I would want the players to do a lap of honor
I wonder what would happen if one of the players did give their shirt away.

But the Players shirts are always replica's with the Players name onm the back, like when we sponsored Simon Clist year before his debut, it was just an away shirt with his name on it, without nationwide badges.

Nno Probs there, Remember Stoke a few years ago, MUCH bigger chance of trouble with Stoke than Blackpool.
Against Stoke a bunch of muppets went on the pitch, cheered off the city then decided to rush the stoke fans.

It is not clever to go on the pitch and would only ruin it for the rest of us who will want the players to come out for lap of honour.

Grow up everyone and enjoy the game and celebrations legally.

Guest robintat
The person who had sponsored that shirt would probably be pretty p***ed off cos they will have paid ######## loads of money for it!! :P:):sub:

Celebrate as much as you want but remember there is a line so try not to cross it!

How about rather than letting out all your excitement out after the game how about you all let it out during the game in the shape of singing, cheering and supporting the team we all love!!!!!

Cheers!

Pete

KEEP OFF THE PITCH! it may lead to the club being punished if you do!

Against Stoke a bunch of muppets went on the pitch, cheered off the city then decided to rush the stoke fans.

It is not clever to go on the pitch and would only ruin it for the rest of us who will want the players to come out for lap of honour.

Grow up everyone and enjoy the game and celebrations legally.

Technically it is legal, if you get me, as there isnt a match going on, so therefore, your not entering the field of play DURING play.

Technically it is legal, if you get me, as there isnt a match going on, so therefore, your not entering the field of play DURING play.
OK, I'm not sure on that legislation but I suspect that it isn't legal.

The land is private property and you do not have permission to go on there therefore you are tresspassing. Nothing to do with the fact that it's a football pitch.

The more impotant point aswell would be that you are ruining it for everyone else. Why would that give you pleasure?

OK, I'm not sure on that legislation but I suspect that it isn't legal.

The land is private property and you do not have permission to go on there therefore you are tresspassing. Nothing to do with the fact that it's a football pitch.

The more impotant point aswell would be that you are ruining it for everyone else. Why would that give you pleasure?

So you're saying that when The Elton John concert is on they will all be arrested?

Hardly Ruining it, as if we go up, i would imagine alot of people would go on. Myself personally, would rather go on the pitch and try and get some stuff off the players, heh. Rather than sat in my seat clapping some crappy shield, that no one will remember in a few years time.

Some of the greatest things that have been seen in football have been accompanied by fans pouring onto the pitch. When Man C got back to the prem the stands at maine road emptied as their fans poured onto the pitch to celebrate getting back to where they belong.

The last time we went up the celebrations were incredibly dull, i much prefered and remember the celebrations away at exeter far better than i do that dull day standing in the atyeo clapping the players.

They are not going to punish us otherwise WBA will not be going up as they are going on the pitch after the last game with Forest, Crewe are going on the pitch. They won't act because it really is nothing bad.

So you're saying that when The Elton John concert is on they will all be arrested?

Hardly Ruining it, as if we go up, i would imagine alot of people would go on. Myself personally, would rather go on the pitch and try and get some stuff off the players, heh. Rather than sat in my seat clapping some crappy shield, that no one will remember in a few years time.

No I'm not saying that. Try reading my post again.

And as far as ruining it goes I'm sure you'd much rather go and try to get stuff off the players (heh?!?) but it's the fact that you would be ruining it for the rest of us which I was pointing out.

Plainly that does not bother you.

No I'm not saying that.  Try reading my post again.

And as far as ruining it goes I'm sure you'd much rather go and try to get stuff off the players (heh?!?) but it's the fact that you would be ruining it for the rest of us which I was pointing out.

Plainly that does not bother you.

Luke, going on the pitch after the last home game is traditional.

The Barnsley fans were on the pitch on Sunday even though they had nothing to celebrate.

I'm past the stage of running on the pitch, but if we go up i shall certainly hope to walk across to salute the players from the pitch in front of the Grandstand, as i have done at the end of many previous seasons. Staying in the stands and clapping is a very dull alternative.

As long as it's all good-natured there's no reason on earth why it should spoil anyone's fun - it's a CELEBRATION. :sub:

Archived