IGNORED

Just Got Back....

Riaz

was it just me, but I was a little disappointed with a few players in the second half, who, I feel lacked the desire to score a second. Also on a few occasions when I felt players could get to the ball, they gave up I.E Roberts Lita etc.

Did anyone notice this?

oh and my Man of the Match was TINMAN. Some superb passing and flicks and he totally dictated play in the second half - Can only remember dodgy one pass that was only slightly over hit, but it was from 30-40 yards so he can be forgiven!

Also on a few occasions when I felt players could get to the ball, they gave up I.E Roberts Lita etc.

Did anyone notice this?

Yes I did notice this but I think Leroy Lita must of pulled a muscle. Christian Roberts really disappointed me today after several good performances recently.

Lost confidence after that silly miss?????

Yes probably, that miss could of changed the game lita could of come on earlier, Murray could of come on and I wouldn't of been so nervous.

But how did his miss?, how did he miss the target?, he had all the time in the world, he could chipped him or just slot it into the corner but he had to go for power.

At least we won

Yeh i just got back aswell it was a good performace,but noone could finish peacock had 2 clear cut headers he should of burried.Rougier was class i thought best player on the park by far.

cheers Tom

wilson please sign rougier. :)

Roberts is a great finisher when he has a one-time shot like against Swindon but when given time to think about it he totally loses it.
Surelly if he was a 'Great Finisher' when you got that little bit of time its far more easier, i have played upfront and i would much rather have 2 touches then a shot rather than a volley or something similar.

Surelly if he was a 'Great Finisher' when you got that little bit of time its far more easier, i have played upfront and i would much rather have 2 touches then a shot rather than a volley or something similar.
It's easy to panic when given time on the ball. When you don't have time to think about what you're doing it can sometimes be easier.

Who cares we won!!! Although i agree i did get annoyed with roberts and lita seeing as he wasnt on that long , people are talking about roberts miss but lita's was even worse (even though it wouldnt have counted cos he was offside) , he was on the goal line all he needed to do was tap it in and he some how managed to scew it wide!! :)

The whole team played well today and it was the first game in a long time that i can't single anyone out who looked dodgy , even butler looked half decent! Its also the first away game i can remember us dominating and creating tons of chances. The midfield was fantastic today , especially tommy and rougier , tinnions passing was back again and bell was solid. colesy and butler were good hill was a rock at the back as usual and carey had a decent game. Peacock didnt do much in all honesty , he was unlucky with his drive at the keeper from roberts excellent dummy and he ducked when he could have scored with a header , but held the ball up well at the end. Roberts missed a sitter but created chances for peacock and rougiers goal , he could have worked a bit harder in closing down but he looks a class player without really trying his hardest.

The fans were magnificent today , great scenes at the end i didnt want to leave! I was pleased to see that none of our hooligan element got on to the pitch to cause trouble and there were good feelings between the two sets of fans , when the barnsley fan came over and clap the city fans and shook their hands that was great to see , but the police took him away and i thought they were going to arrest him but they let him go.

We can beat blackpool next saturday its just a shame its not in our own hands , come on sheffield wednsday!! It would be great to celebrate promotion at ashton gate.

Barnsley should have been dead and buried by half time but for Roberts missing a sitter.

Story of the season really. Loads of chances and no one with any composure to finish. Not just Roberts, Peacock is the biggest culprit.

But at the end of the day, we are in with a shout and can look at the shortcomings when the season is over.

Roll on saturday and let's hope the pressure gets to QPR more than City.

I always defend Roberts because i rate him highly. That miss was laughable, i agree, but he has done well since being brought back up front.

Don't forget that Doherty also missed a very good chance just before half time, and Peacock somehow failed to connect with 2 superb crosses that only needed to be glanced in.

Lita's miss, offside or not, was at least the equal of Roberts in terms of incredulity, probably worse as it seemed impossible to steer it wide from so close in.

Robert's miss was horrendous, the height gained almost unbelievable, but at the end of the day it was just a very bad miss, the same as Doherty, Peacock(x2) and Lita.

Archived