IGNORED

Trundle On Bench For Leeds

The Humble Realist

and to think people wanted him in our actual first 11 when he cant even get in the Leeds first 11, i know he has been starting for them but hes hardly set world on fire at Elland Road.

Who? :laugh:. We needed him to set the world on fire at Leeds so we could have got him off the wage bill but thats not likely now.

Can't say it's looking that hopefull for Trundle at the moment. 7 appearances, 2 as sub with 1 goal.

Now considering he has said how much he loves being up there and has been playing regularly that is a pretty poor return for a player some were saying should be starting games for us.

Personally if we can offload him between now and the end of the season I wouldn't be sorry to see him go.

Can't say I take any pleasure in this as I am a fan of Lee's and his attitude has always been spot on for us, something Leeds fans seem to think is not the case for them. However I also argued against those who were demanding he should be in our side and could not seem to see Dele's greater value to the team, now being amply demonstrated. Can't rule out the possibility he will make some contribution for us this season but his future does not look good. Signing him when nobody else from a higher league had was always a gamble, but one worth taking, and it's a shame it hasn't worked out.

What's the Leeds manager said about him of late? He'll see Trunds in training, his commitment, his influence on younger players etc. All of which mean as much as how many goals he's scored.

He may have one or two niggling strains which haven't been reported or the Leeds manager has chosen to try something new in his tactics that don't quite fit with Trunds on the pitch.

Any manger worth his salt will have a far more in-depth appraisal that we are able to offer.

He may well be off to Leeds permanently in the long run.

On the other hand he might be back to Ashton Gate soon to flip burgers in the Atyeo refreshment bar.

Who paid a Million pound for him and stuck him on massive wages......Doh...... :tumbleweed:

We finished 4th last season. So overall the managers mistakes are minor compared to the acheivements at this club/

on another matter - based on 3 comments i've read of yours this morning.....

Seend Red = Victor Meldrew

We finished 4th last season. So overall the managers mistakes are minor compared to the acheivements at this club/

also he repaid alot of his transfer against palarse to get us to wembley

almost certainly going in the summer but can still play a (cameo) part before then if and when he comes back to us. If he's on the books we might as well use him as an option off the bench if nothing else. Everyone seems to agree he nevre gives less than 100% and he still has the ability to turn a game it's just he hasn't been able to do it nearly as often as we had the right to expect. Just the way it goes sometimes

almost certainly going in the summer but can still play a (cameo) part before then if and when he comes back to us. If he's on the books we might as well use him as an option off the bench if nothing else. Everyone seems to agree he nevre gives less than 100% and he still has the ability to turn a game it's just he hasn't been able to do it nearly as often as we had the right to expect. Just the way it goes sometimes

I think Trunds won us a lot of points by his "cameo" roles last year, if just to come on and help the ball stick up front with his tricks (when we were seeing out games while winning by the odd goal). Good player in his prime, but I think we got him too late on in his career.

You need to get personal just because I pulled you up.

You can't have it both ways! he either gets it right-As usual or makes mistakes like the rest of us occasionally.

You can not heap praise on Johnson for shipping Trundle out on loan when he was the man who splashed out a Million pound and god knows how much in wages in the first place.

This is the problem with the vast majority on here they don't want to look at the bigger picture and be honest and would rather twist the truth and just brown nose everyone.

Try to keep it real and be honest, the forum would be better place for it.

You can't have it both ways! he either gets it right-As usual or makes mistakes like the rest of us occasionally.

You can not heap praise on Johnson for shipping Trundle out on loan when he was the man who splashed out a Million pound and god knows how much in wages in the first place.

This is the problem with the vast majority on here they don't want to look at the bigger picture and be honest and would rather twist the truth and just brown nose everyone.

First off - I was'nt getting personal. it was a light-hearted joke, because I had just read a 3 or 4 of your comments in a row and they were all miserable/negative comments.

As for Trundle you made a valid point. But some would say we got our money's worth in the play-offs and a year older trundle was never going to get better than last season which he needed to be. So I think the manager is getting it right by not playing him this season.

I'm not miserable-far from it riaz!

I want to post my honest thoughts on football matters. I understand this may seem boring to you as it's not as interesting as discussing bouncing around or how wonderful the EE is but I just get stick of the constant love in on this forum and the mutual appreciation society .

I seem to remember the signing of Trundle really caught the imagination of us City fans.Possibly gave us the lift we needed when coming into the Championship for the 1st time since our last disaster in it.As well as us,I would believe it gave the players a lift and no matter what people say on here,he was part of a squad that was a game away from the Premier League! So in some way or another he must have had some impact on our season last season.So I would say that justifies the money spent.He was not getting games this season as the reserves were not playing because of the weather,so GJ sent him out on loan.Whether he plays or not again for us we will see.I hope so!

I'm not miserable-far from it riaz!

I want to post my honest thoughts on football matters. I understand this may seem boring to you as it's not as interesting as discussing bouncing around or how wonderful the EE is but I just get stick of the constant love in on this forum and the mutual appreciation society .

Since I've been a city supporter we've had the following managers:

Denis Smith

Russell Osman

Joe Jordan

John Ward

Benny the clown

Tony Pulis

Danny Wilson

Brian Tinnion

A couple of "good" managers, but mostly useless - especially compared to gary johnson - who is in a different league to the rest of em.

During my time supporting city, we've had many in year a league one and very few in this division - when GJ took over we we're looking at relegation to the basement division. But now we are a established top half championship club. A club with a manager who seems to have united the whole club. He's got a good relationship with our (excellent) chairman, has the players playing for him and more importantly embraces the fans and for the first time since i've supported city the fans are right behind the team.

He makes mistakes no doubt, but how many clubs in this division or bottom half of the prem have a manager as good as ours?

How many have such a good chairman?

How many clubs have their fans totally behind the team and manager

Its these reasons why more intelligent fans of others teams envy us.

Week in, week out, we are seeing quality players and quality football. And our team is not just competitive, but we are playing decent football. GJ has a 5 year contract and with his track record, I cant see why he wont take us to the prem. Maybe not this season - but I think he will.

When you think back about the times we used to struggle to get results against chesterfield etc and had pretty boys like wilkshire who never heard of hard work. Then you look at our team now - out-playing a team who I think are still prem quality and all hard-working - always giving 100%

The futures rosey and we have too many good things going for us to be negative.

So, excuse me, for being happy clappy, but this is a good time in BCFC's history and I going to enjoy every minute.

• Admin

Surely the bigger picture is that Johnson gets a lot more things right than he gets wrong and is the best manager we have had for at least a generation? is there anything wrong with enjoying that and showing an overall positive disposition?

In a bizarre, twisted, kind of way I'm actually agreeing with both sides of an argument here!

The 'bigger picture' is that Johnson gets much more right than he does wrong, having said that I agree that, hindsight being a wonderful thing clearly, Trundle's signing was a mistake and a rather rare 'blot' on the managers otherwise impressive CV.

On the whole it is disappointing for all concerned that Lee finds himself on the bench at Leeds.

Trundle is a risk that didn't pay off. If that is a blot on Gary's record where does that leave Sir Alex, who signed the likes of Veron, Kleberson, Djemba Djemba and a succession of terrible goalkeepers? Should we judge him on his failed signings or his overall record?

. . . . . his overall record, without overlooking mistakes he may make.

Sir Alex is without doubt one of the best in the business, however I think all would agree he, like any other, is not faultless - indeed you testify as such yourself.

Gary Johnson has worked genuine wonders at this club. I both continue to hope he does and give him my absolute backing when things don't go to plan - about 10 games ago being a prime example. However it is imperative that his mistakes are not simply cast aside due to his track record- excused yes, ignored no, if only for the reason that accusations of 'happy clapping' can be avoided.

Sir Alex is without doubt one of the best in the business, however I think all would agree he, like any other, is not faultless - indeed you testify as such yourself.

Gary Johnson has worked genuine wonders at this club. I both continue to hope he does and give him my absolute backing when things don't go to plan - about 10 games ago being a prime example. However it is imperative that his mistakes are not simply cast aside due to his track record- excused yes, ignored no, if only for the reason that accusations of 'happy clapping' can be avoided.

Wouldn't disagree with what you say, though I suspect Utd fans have long since forgiven and forgotten Sir Alex's mistakes. There remains a minority of our fans (not yourself) who will pounce first on Gary's actual and more often perceived mistakes (that is anything he does that they don't agree with) to the exclusion of his record. What you might call the "yes, but..." tendency.

Good post.

I have not suggested for one minute that Johnson is bad manager or not competent at his job, you'd have to slightly deluded to think that way .

Just a bit of balance and honesty is all I'm looking for. Applauding Johnson for loaning Trundle out dosen't hold any water when he was the one who got it wrong in signing him the first place.

Surely the bigger picture is that Johnson gets a lot more things right than he gets wrong and is the best manager we have had for at least a generation? is there anything wrong with enjoying that and showing an overall positive disposition?

I know and agree but the original point was riaz claiming Johnson got it right as usual in loaning Trund out to Leeds,completely over looking the fact that Johnson got it wrong in signing him in the first instance. I'm not having a go just stating the facts.

I was just making the point to riaz that Johnson doesn't always get it right......like the rest of us. No problem .

Good post.

I have not suggested for one minute that Johnson is bad manager or not competent at his job, you'd have to slightly deluded to think that way .

Just a bit of balance and honesty is all I'm looking for. Applauding Johnson for loaning Trundle out dosen't hold any water when he was the one who got it wrong in signing him the first place.

Things is Seend - with things going so well - and as I said before, you coming accross so negative all the time - I really do wonder what you were like under the likes of Osman, Tinnion, Pulis etc...... you must have been suicidal :noexpression:

I know and agree but the original point was riaz claiming Johnson got it right as usual in loaning Trund out to Leeds,completely over looking the fact that Johnson got it wrong in signing him in the first instance. I'm not having a go just stating the facts.

I was just making the point to riaz that Johnson doesn't always get it right......like the rest of us. No problem .

I accept your very well made point btw.

Good post.

Fair enough. Unless anybody has an expectation that Gary, or any Manager, will get everything right. I can't see how anybody could claim signing Lee has worked out. As I've said, it was a risk that didn't pay off. Better than not taking any risks at all for me.There again any and every signing carries some risk. What Gary seems to do is try to minimise that by checking out the player's attitude, hence pulling out of the Meteb deal where the risk would have been too great. The point is not to make no mistakes but to acknowledge them and move on. Unless you're a politician in which case you never admit mistakes, never change your mind, carry on doing the things that don't work and claim that is a sign of strength. :innocent06:

Archived