IGNORED

Radio Berkshire

A Horse With No Name

Firstly let me say that the lads were absolutely awaesome today, and thoroughly deserved the win. But coming home listening to Radio Berkshire, the main criticism from the Reading fans was why we were alocated so many tickets. They said that it became almost like a home game to us, and inspired the team to victory. But almost to a man, they agreed that our support was brilliant, so well done to everybody who went.

Firstly let me say that the lads were absolutely awaesome today, and thoroughly deserved the win. But coming home listening to Radio Berkshire, the main criticism from the Reading fans was why we were alocated so many tickets. They said that it became almost like a home game to us, and inspired the team to victory. But almost to a man, they agreed that our support was brilliant, so well done to everybody who went.

I have to admitt if was a reading fan i would have been pretty peed off seeing 4,000 plus travelling fans. This is one thing that annoyed me about our club before the EE was open to home fans.

Well they didnt help themselves though did they? ok they had a few to our right, but they only got going when that drum was banged it was like they were all brain washed by the sound of it, as soon as the drum stopped they did.

Plastic fans in a Plastic ground, a great proformance by City today and us listening to world now Dele/Skuse and Gary all saying it helped them win the game like a cup final. When we were all bouncing around you could see their fan's thinking Bloody hell that looks and sounds good

Well they didnt help themselves though did they? ok they had a few to our right, but they only got going when that drum was banged it was like they were all brain washed by the sound of it, as soon as the drum stopped they did.

Plastic fans in a Plastic ground, a great proformance by City today and us listening to world now Dele/Skuse and Gary all saying it helped them win the game like a cup final. When we were all bouncing around you could see their fan's thinking Bloody hell that looks and sounds good

Plastic fans in a plastic town, that also sums them up !!!

They actually got the chairman of the suporters club on the phone to explain about the allocation of away tickets. His response was that it was , obviously purely financial. Reading were obligated to give us 10% of their capacity, which amounts to 2,500 or so (?). If the away club ask for any more, they have to buy them from the home side but cannot return them if they don't sell, so if City took the full 4,700, they were commited to selling them. The point was made though, that it was hardly a good financial move by Reading if indeed, it did cost them 3 points.

They actually got the chairman of the suporters club on the phone to explain about the allocation of away tickets. His response was that it was , obviously purely financial. Reading were obligated to give us 10% of their capacity, which amounts to 2,500 or so (?). If the away club ask for any more, they have to buy them from the home side but cannot return them if they don't sell, so if City took the full 4,700, they were commited to selling them. The point was made though, that it was hardly a good financial move by Reading if indeed, it did cost them 3 points.

Although our support today was awesome i suspect we might still have won so determined were the lads to get back to winning.

As for plastic fans and ground; i have not done a google check, perhaps someone will, but the announcer at the start said it was exactly 37 years to the day that reading played their first competitive league match; were they elected to div 4 in 1972?.... it surely adds some credence to the plastic tag.

I also heard and laughed at Alan Green's remark about the away support for Blackburn today... went something like this... yes and we must give credit to the awesome support from Blackburn here at old trafford this evening... there must be at least 100 fans packed into the away end... poor blighters.. they do have an awful long way to come so one has to sympathise!! awesome. i would not be surprised if the city support today was the best anywhere in the country.

Although our support today was awesome i suspect we might still have won so determined were the lads to get back to winning.

As for plastic fans and ground; i have not done a google check, perhaps someone will, but the announcer at the start said it was exactly 37 years to the day that reading played their first competitive league match; were they elected to div 4 in 1972?.... it surely adds some credence to the plastic tag.

I also heard and laughed at Alan Green's remark about the away support for Blackburn today... went something like this... yes and we must give credit to the awesome support from Blackburn here at old trafford this evening... there must be at least 100 fans packed into the away end... poor blighters.. they do have an awful long way to come so one has to sympathise!! awesome. i would not be surprised if the city support today was the best anywhere in the country.

Apart from the fact they had to pay around £40 for a ticket when the game is on tv and in the middle of a recession :tumbleweed:

• Admin
I think you will find that the announcer said that it was 137 years to the day since Reading played their first competitive game.

They were elected to the Football League 3rd Division South in 1922 at the same time as the Great Unwashed from the north of our beloved City.

Yep, they have indeed "been around" for a while as a quick glance at their badge tells us...

reading.gif

Yep, they have indeed "been around" for a while as a quick glance at their badge tells us...

reading.gif

so it must be 138 years??? or no??

One thing I must say, the show on radio Berkshire was very good, a great run down of the whole game by the expert on there and very good analysis of the situation at reading, included was a few callers and text messages from disgruntled fans,

- personally I think twentyman should take note of this, because quite frankly the Radio Bristol show is becoming a bit of a farse! Week in Week Out you can guarantee that Larry from Street, Mark in the supporters Bar, Steve on his way home to patchway, Little kid who is destined to be a common tater (maybe a king edward!), Welsh Chris (who Geoff rushes to get off the air as soon as possible), some dithering old sod who does not leave his chair but knows the ins and outs of the Gash's tactics after listening to Radio Bristol will all be on . Even James Alexander Gordon does not wanna be associated with Radio Bristol anymore!

They are on there every week!

Its embarrassing compared to what we heard today!

If you get a chance listen to a re run online of the post match show..... its good!

Archived