IGNORED

Policing At "big" Games Between Rival Teams

IanG

After this afternoons cracking performance, I was dreaming about the possibility of another trip to Wembley, and the irony it would be if it was against a team like baaadiff.

This got me thinking about how they go about policing such a game.

For example, in a City against baaaadiff match, the away fans are bussed in and kept under complete lock down. But if we were meeting at Wembley they couldn't keep us apart or even have us approach the ground from different directions.

Now, I'm sure this isn't the only instance of this sort of clash happening, so what do they do?

After this afternoons cracking performance, I was dreaming about the possibility of another trip to Wembley, and the irony it would be if it was against a team like baaadiff.

This got me thinking about how they go about policing such a game.

For example, in a City against baaaadiff match, the away fans are bussed in and kept under complete lock down. But if we were meeting at Wembley they couldn't keep us apart or even have us approach the ground from different directions.

Now, I'm sure this isn't the only instance of this sort of clash happening, so what do they do?

Play at 1.30 on a Thursday night . I'm sure the police will clamp down hard on any city sheep shaggers final, no doubt cordens round the ground,valid ticket searches strict policing of service stops on the motorway.Train and underground stations cam watched there will always be the odd ruck ,but after going to ninian park since the 70s right up to the present bubble trips things are nowhere near as bad violence wise.

Today's game was not only the best for result and performance that I have been to in recent times, it was also the most sensibly policed IMO. We were not held back to any great extent and those who came by car were just allowed to leave and mingle with the home fans as they left. I saw no trouble and hope there wasn't any. Got away and back onto the M4 quite quickly and home by 6:40. Great day out. :D:city:

Still bouncing around now! :dancing6::dancing6::dancing6:

Today's game was not only the best for result and performance that I have been to in recent times, it was also the most sensibly policed IMO. We were not held back to any great extent and those who came by car were just allowed to leave and mingle with the home fans as they left. I saw no trouble and hope there wasn't any. Got away and back onto the M4 quite quickly and home by 6:40. Great day out. :D:city:

Still bouncing around now! :dancing6::dancing6::dancing6:

Wonder if there would have been any trouble if we'd lost ? I was there in '84 when there was a riot after we went down 2 -0 and TC intervened. Thankfully those days seem consigned to history.

Wonder if there would have been any trouble if we'd lost ? I was there in '84 when there was a riot after we went down 2 -0 and TC intervened. Thankfully those days seem consigned to history.

Reading seem to have lost much of there ''fighting mob'' they once had in the 80s. They have turnt in to many clubs, boring, plastic, and souless.

If there would have been any trouble today it must probably would have been city v police not city v reading.

Reading seem to have lost much of there ''fighting mob'' they once had in the 80s. They have turnt in to many clubs, boring, plastic, and souless.

If there would have been any trouble today it must probably would have been city v police not city v reading.

I heard there was some trouble near the station

Archived