IGNORED

Royal Antwerp Bounce

Paul Cheesey

The City bounce is starting to take shape, but wouldn't it be good if we could get it up to the standard of Royal Antwerp! Their away support at the Gate was amazing, it was only a pre-season friendly but they didn't stop for the entire game even though they got beat 4-0!!

They were absolute class at Ashton Gate, brilliant fans. Although it's really surreal to hear all their songs in English !

Was on holiday so missed that game.........that is pretty awesome i have to admit. :chant6ez:

Saw A vid somewhere, sometime of a whole stand bouncing, and I mean the whole stand. But the difference was, instead of having their arms in the air while bouncing, they had there arms around the shoulders of the people stood next to them, so all you could see were their heads bouncing up and down. Again absolute quality, and has to be the ultimate bounce.

Saw A vid somewhere, sometime of a whole stand bouncing, and I mean the whole stand. But the difference was, instead of having their arms in the air while bouncing, they had there arms around the shoulders of the people stood next to them, so all you could see were their heads bouncing up and down. Again absolute quality, and has to be the ultimate bounce.

Do you mean this 'un Bouncey Fans

The City bounce is starting to take shape, but wouldn't it be good if we could get it up to the standard of Royal Antwerp! Their away support at the Gate was amazing, it was only a pre-season friendly but they didn't stop for the entire game even though they got beat 4-0!!

Probably the best fans I've seen at the gate, would love us to do a version of their ooh royal antwerp song

Ooh Cider Army

Cider Army

Hear us roar

They say its days are numbered, it's not famous any more

but cider rules our CITY, like its always done before

Ooh Cider Army

Cider Army

etc......

Yes when we bounce don't pump your arms up and down it looks like a aerobic work out not a bounce.

March 10th night match vs Coventry... could we do this & the bounce too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6x7jyFAf7E

OK maybe not 50,000 & defo not sparklers (they're f' ing crazy or what?)

But we can manage 16,000 ... everyones getting the hang of the AG Bounce now & many still have their Johnson 'Candles' (if not you've still got a few weeks to get one!!) ... Lets Bounce Coventry into submission with a light fantastic night show at the Gate...

With the 'believe it' Johnson Bounce & the power of the 'believe it' Johnson Candles - we cant go wrong... Oh What A Night!! :englandsmile4wf:

PS: have the ST still got any candles left?... reckon an order should go in pretty soon for more... City Bouncing By Candlelight Night!

reckon it could be great, what do ya think? ....how about arranging it??

March 10th night match vs Coventry... could we do this & the bounce too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6x7jyFAf7E

OK maybe not 50,000 & defo not sparklers (they're f' ing crazy or what?)

But we can manage 16,000 ... everyones getting the hang of the AG Bounce now & many still have their Johnson 'Candles' (if not you've still got a few weeks to get one!!) ... Lets Bounce Coventry into submission with a light fantastic night show at the Gate...

With the 'believe it' Johnson Bounce & the power of the 'believe it' Johnson Candles - we cant go wrong... Oh What A Night!! :englandsmile4wf:

PS: have the ST still got any candles left?... reckon an order should go in pretty soon for more... City Bouncing By Candlelight Night!

reckon it could be great, what do ya think? ....how about arranging it??

Could do glow sticks, the health and safety brigade couldn't moan about them. They're pretty cheap to buy in bulk. Wanted to do it in the DOLMAN when we were all in G block, but there were so many hassles that season that all the fun ideas died out!!!! Loads of them being chucked around while everyone was bouncing would look ok. Not as good as flares but they're never going to be allowed!!!

The amazing think about Antwerp was the amount of time they were singing, they literally didn't stop for the entire game!! We need to try and get ours going for longer, more stamina required boys!!

The amazing think about Antwerp was the amount of time they were singing, they literally didn't stop for the entire game!! We need to try and get ours going for longer, more stamina required boys!!

I was 1 of the many Royal Antwerp fans at the gate.

After 6 months , you are still talking about us , i think we were impressive that day .

I've met some lads from Bristol and they will come over to Belgium to see Antwerp play at home.

I'm back in Bristol for the Cardiff game in march !

Not as good as flares but they're never going to be allowed!!!

I dunno? they have fireworks at the atyeo end as the players come out on to the pitch so maybe the club could do

a controlled flare set off in front of the eastend by a club official as it would be an alternative to the fireworks.

I was at the Spurs v Dinamo Zagreb match through work back in November. The whole of the away section were bouncing in unison and then every single one of them took their tops off (all men sadly)!

It certainly wasn't a pretty sight but it was absolutely hilarious and they kept it going all the way through match - albeit the sensible ones stuck their tops back on again!

The Antwerp fans were awesome that day, I was enjoying watching that lot as much as the footie (and it was pretty good that day!) I have a friend who is a Fenerbahce fan, and he showed me a video of their fans during a galatasaray istanbul derby, and they were cool as well. He tells me I need to come over to watch a Fenerbahce v galatasary game, but quite frankly, that sounds like suicide to me.

Archived