IGNORED

I Know It's Only Stan Collymore

westy

Well its either praise or the kiss of death. Keep grinding out the results and we could get what we all want and the financial incentive is a plus for the club. I feel the play-offs is the more realistic route we will follow but if we get points at Brum, Qpr and Swansea and beat BAAAAAAAAAAAdiff at home i think it is a possibility. Everything is crossed here, not just the fingers. COME ON CITY :fingerscrossed:

Nice to hear, though I'd have more respect for him if he'd made the prediction at the start of the season.

How much do you need to know about football to suggest that City are currently in form and have a good chance of promotion while their form remains better than those around them?

Not sure how much he watches of the Championship anyway. When he used to be a guest on Central Soccer Night he always stated the bleeding obvious about Forest.

Predictable how some seem to have change thier opinion on him because he's saying nice things about us, fickle to say the least.

Let be honest what Stan knows about Bristol City and the CCC you could write on the back of a postage stamp so IMO his opinion means little to nothing.

I don't like Stan from what i know of him (belting a women etc) but your wrong about his football knowledge, he knows a lot to be fair to him and hes good to listen to on the way home from matches.

I don't like Stan from what i know of him (belting a women etc) but your wrong about his football knowledge, he knows a lot to be fair to him and hes good to listen to on the way home from matches.
Have to agree. Was listening to Talk sport on the way home on sat and a couple of City fans rang in and Stan knew a lot about us and was very complimentary.

Have to agree. Was listening to Talk sport on the way home on sat and a couple of City fans rang in and Stan knew a lot about us and was very complimentary.

But what did he actually know about us that 'surprised' you or made you think he takes an interest?

Good national publicity that and Collymore does seem to know his stuff. The thing that worries me most though if we did ever get to the premier league is that we would be straight back down again. Although this might do our finances a world of good, I wouldnt want us to end up like West Brom.

Better to be at the top of the championship or bottom of the premier league?

Such a 5hit paper with 5hit reporting.. you get a small clue to a 'papers' providence by looking at the size of the headline and the microscopic level of text. 3 sentences must have taken all of 20 seconds to compose. the size of tabloid newspapers is not even useful to line a drawer.. so what use are they exactly? :disapointed2se:

Just reading from the notes he's been given on teams that people on 'hold' want to talk about doesn't make him a good/ knowledgeable broadcaster in my opinion.

After being subjected to his comments on an almost nightly basis, trust me he's not that good at all.

Classic call one night from a Liverpudlian after Collymore had listed a number of players that he felt 'weren't fit to wear the red of Liverpool'. After the 'well I played for them' comment wore thin the caller then explained that he worked for a local paper and watched Liverpool on a weekly basis... you should have heard Collymore back-tracking on his comments. It was so funny.

Reading through the posts it seems some people do actually like him... sorry but I am one who most certainly doesn't!

Just reading from the notes he's been given on teams that people on 'hold' want to talk about doesn't make him a good/ knowledgeable broadcaster in my opinion.

After being subjected to his comments on an almost nightly basis, trust me he's not that good at all.

Classic call one night from a Liverpudlian after Collymore had listed a number of players that he felt 'weren't fit to wear the red of Liverpool'. After the 'well I played for them' comment wore thin the caller then explained that he worked for a local paper and watched Liverpool on a weekly basis... you should have heard Collymore back-tracking on his comments. It was so funny.

Reading through the posts it seems some people do actually like him... sorry but I am one who most certainly doesn't!

He's one of a very few ex-players who says it as he sees it, much better than most ex-players who now make their living through the media

Archived