IGNORED

In Our Hands

Port Said Red

I suggested 3 weeks ago that our current run was great but we had a testing time coming up, starting with the Donny game. I was looking at the games until the middle of April and thinking that it was such a tough run of fixtures that we would struggle to maintain our place in the play off hunt.

Looking at the same list of games with great optimism after Saturday, I now think that this tough run of games could work in our favour.

Having games against, Brum, Cardiff, QPR, Preston, Ipswich and Swansea to come, means that our future is in our own hands. 6- six pointer games gives us a huge opportunity to dent other teams chances whilst pushing our own credentials.

If we can get 12 points from those 6 games, we could even afford the odd slip against the sides that are not in the running like Derby and Coventry. Apart from Cardiff with their huge number of games in hand, It would stop the other teams stealing a march on us.

Beating Reading must have filled the lads with great confidence, they must feel they can beat anyone in this league now.

I suggested 3 weeks ago that our current run was great but we had a testing time coming up, starting with the Donny game. I was looking at the games until the middle of April and thinking that it was such a tough run of fixtures that we would struggle to maintain our place in the play off hunt.

Looking at the same list of games with great optimism after Saturday, I now think that this tough run of games could work in our favour.

Having games against, Brum, Cardiff, QPR, Preston, Ipswich and Swansea to come, means that our future is in our own hands. 6- six pointer games gives us a huge opportunity to dent other teams chances whilst pushing our own credentials.

If we can get 12 points from those 6 games, we could even afford the odd slip against the sides that are not in the running like Derby and Coventry. Apart from Cardiff with their huge number of games in hand, It would stop the other teams stealing a march on us.

Beating Reading must have filled the lads with great confidence, they must feel they can beat anyone in this league now.

My theory at this time of the season is you either want to be playing teams in mid-table who are starting to think about the beach or teams at the top because they are under exactly the same pressure as you. We do not want to be playing teams at the bottom who, over the next few weeks, will all find that extra 20% that has been missing all season as they get more and more desperate. It happens every year - the last six to ten weeks of the season sees bottom teams getting results against top teams out of nowhere - that shouldn't apply to us we haven't really got any struggling teams to play after Saturday.

Archived