IGNORED

Last 2 City Players To Play For England

TP90

John Atyeo was probably the last player to have played for England while still a City player.

The last City player who played for England could have been Terry Cooper. Others in this bracket were Norman Hunter and Chris Crowe.

It depends on the definition if you are talking playing for us and representing our country at the same time then Atyeo and Wedlock would be my guess

if its just city players that have gon on or played for england previously then there are a fair few Osman,Cole,Hunter,Royle

so it just depends on definition

It depends on the definition if you are talking playing for us and representing our country at the same time then Atyeo and Wedlock would be my guess

if its just city players that have gon on or played for england previously then there are a fair few Osman,Cole,Hunter,Royle

so it just depends on definition

sorry i should of specified i did mean whilst playing for bristol city

Not quite "on topic" but Leroy turned out for England U-21s and Chris Garland played for the U-23s. Geoff Merrick played a few games for England schoolboys. There's always Plummer as well.

As they seem to give out England caps like sweets these days I wonder if we have someone currently on our books who might kick on? Maynard is young enough - you never know.......

Not quite "on topic" but Leroy turned out for England U-21s and Chris Garland played for the U-23s. Geoff Merrick played a few games for England schoolboys. There's always Plummer as well.

As they seem to give out England caps like sweets these days I wonder if we have someone currently on our books who might kick on? Maynard is young enough - you never know.......

...as did Hewlett

As they seem to give out England caps like sweets these days

Forgive my ignorance (and forgive my laziness to not look it up)

Who was the last non top-flight fella to get a cap (or a start) for England?

And if this is a loanee from a top-flight club, who was the last non-loanee?

:)

Thanks, stat-fans!

Forgive my ignorance (and forgive my laziness to not look it up)

Who was the last non top-flight fella to get a cap (or a start) for England?

And if this is a loanee from a top-flight club, who was the last non-loanee?

:)

Thanks, stat-fans!

I'm pretty sure the answer is David Nugent, who was a Preston player when he came on as a sub and scored in his only England game to date (the infamous Andorra away if I'm not mistaken)

Before that, you would be looking at Steve Bull, who was at Wolves when he played in and around 1989.

...as did Hewlett

:rofl2br: Fancy forgetting Bambi

Keith Curle? (after City)

Andy Cole played for England didn't he?

I think he did. Another poster also mentioned Joe Royle, who I had also forgotten.

Hewlett was only ever on standby for the Italy game at ashton gate. I think they did it to increase ticket sales.

See this is why i asked for definition and some seem to not read posts fully it was full international as a city player

See this is why i asked for definition and some seem to not read posts fully it was full international as a city player

Apologies, I did read your post properly, however due to the nature of the thread being discussed it's only natural for the thread to take a different direction and go off the subject slightly.

In my case I was answering another question of who the last City player to have played for England was and not necessarily the player representing Bristol City to have played for England.

Archived