IGNORED

East Enders Be Warned Or Forever Keep Your Peace

cheshire_red

I've just been reading about this and i note that Boro have now issued an apology on their website for the ''wording'' of the leaflet. They say that they did not mean for fans to be quiet during games but that they wished for them not to continually bang the plastic sheeting at the top of the stand to create noise as it was annoying fellow supporters and that persistent standing was not allowed as it contrivened the local council's safety certificate. Sound familiar? Interestingly, the offending leaflet was written by a woman.

I've just been reading about this and i note that Boro have now issued an apology on their website for the ''wording'' of the leaflet. They say that they did not mean for fans to be quiet during games but that they wished for them not to continually bang the plastic sheeting at the top of the stand to create noise as it was annoying fellow supporters and that persistent standing was not allowed as it contrivened the local council's safety certificate. Sound familiar? Interestingly, the offending leaflet was written by a woman.

Interesting is it. Why do you say that?

Interesting is it. Why do you say that?

Because on the whole they have very little concept of footballing matters whether it be the playing side, or on this occassion, the supporting side. It's sad but, as you can clearly see from the Boro letter to the fans, true. You can try and get all feminist on me if you want and proclaim that you know the starting XI, subs and attendance from the team that beat Bournemouth at home in '99 to demonstrate your wealth of footballing knowledge and that you are on a par with any male fan but unfortunately you women will never understand football in the same way as us men. No offence intended.

Because on the whole they have very little concept of footballing matters whether it be the playing side, or on this occassion, the supporting side. It's sad but, as you can clearly see from the Boro letter to the fans, true. You can try and get all feminist on me if you want and proclaim that you know the starting XI, subs and attendance from the team that beat Bournemouth at home in '99 to demonstrate your wealth of footballing knowledge and that you are on a par with any male fan but unfortunately you women will never understand football in the same way as us men. No offence intended.

That is a - in its way - brilliantly non pc reply and I for one look forward to the response.

I would only add that the letter from the lady at Middlesboro is extremely similar to one issued 2/3 years ago to the Dolman by our Stadium Manager - who is a man.

Bit harsh mate, and I'm a bloke! Everyone is different, and I believe that the women who post on this forum have an equally good knowledge of football as any man who does. I would imagine more men are interested, and attend football matches more regularly then woman, but that does not mean that the women who take an interest in football, such as RedM or Dollymarie for example, understand it any less.

That is a - in its way - brilliantly non pc reply and I for one look forward to the response.

I would only add that the letter from the lady at Middlesboro is extremely similar to one issued 2/3 years ago to the Dolman by our Stadium Manager - who is a man.

His wife must have written it for him. It's the only explanation for that letter.

Bit harsh mate, and I'm a bloke! Everyone is different, and I believe that the women who post on this forum have an equally good knowledge of football as any man who does. I would imagine more men are interested, and attend football matches more regularly then woman, but that does not mean that the women who take an interest in football, such as RedM or Dollymarie for example, understand it any less.

I just don't think that they have the same perceptions as us when it comes to football, or any sport really, bar possibly hockey or netball. In the same way that i could knit till i was blue in the face and still not quite understand or enjoy it as much as women do.

I think you could be accused of some pretty serious generalisation there. Yes the majority of football fans are male and often they have a much greater depth of knowledge than female fans do, but that is not always the case. Women and men can share the same understanding of the game, and often do. Saying any different is pretty offensive to a hell of a lot of people, male and female.

And do you know, I've occasionally seen women on their own at Ashton Gate. Without a bloke!

Makes you wonder how they got there what with the ladies being unable to park an' all.

Check out the city prediction league, dolly is running away with it, must just be luck then....

This sexist conversation is pointless...

BACK ON TOPIC:

(posted this in a different thread before the Boro thing had its own, so sorry for cross-posting)

Isn't it nice to have manager who STARTED the noisy bouncing, and loves it, and a club that opens up extra seats for noisy fans in a 'carnival' mode?

Given that the chances of us playing Boro next season are probably quite high, let's make sure we take a load of our loudest boucners to the Riverside next year!

What? I mean like seriously.....WHAT?!?! "Women will never understand football" Huh?

What exactly is it that women would find so hard to understand that a man just does?

I can explain the offside rule perfectly fine, I know about pretty much every aspect of the game, I had to explain to a few of the MEN on here after the Reading game where the assistant ref got his 5 minutes of added time from. Ive spent years following my club, cried tears, nearly half frozen to death in the winter, and no that doesnt make me any greater a supporter because I'm a woman, but it doesnt make me any less of one either, nor does it mean I don't "understand" it.

I just don't think that they have the same perceptions as us when it comes to football, or any sport really, bar possibly hockey or netball. In the same way that i could knit till i was blue in the face and still not quite understand or enjoy it as much as women do.

Ive never knitted in my entire life, so i'd be happy for you to teach me. I cant think of anything more boring than knitting.

Check out the city prediction league, dolly is running away with it, must just be luck then....

I rest my case, and a woman won it last year, oh and other women have won it in previous years as well. Would you like me to carry on, or should I just call a spade a spade and tell you what a sexist pig you are redfred?

What? I mean like seriously.....WHAT?!?! "Women will never understand football" Huh?

What exactly is it that women would find so hard to understand that a man just does?

I can explain the offside rule perfectly fine, I know about pretty much every aspect of the game, I had to explain to a few of the MEN on here after the Reading game where the assistant ref got his 5 minutes of added time from. Ive spent years following my club, cried tears, nearly half frozen to death in the winter, and no that doesnt make me any greater a supporter because I'm a woman, but it doesnt make me any less of one either, nor does it mean I don't "understand" it.

Ive never knitted in my entire life, so i'd be happy for you to teach me. I cant think of anything more boring than knitting.

I rest my case, and a woman won it last year, oh and other women have won it in previous years as well. Would you like me to carry on, or should I just call a spade a spade and tell you what a sexist pig you are redfred?

Dollymarie. I apologise for my comments. I'm not really a sexist pig, i made the comment about a woman writing the letter without really thinking and the reaction from RedM somehow seemed to spark the devil in me and i couldn't resist being a cheeky little monkey from there on in! Hopefully you will forgive me for my poor judgement in this situation?

And i too offer my apologies to Cheshire Red for hijacking the thread in such a juvenile way.

However you must have got a man to help you with the prediction league?! :tumbleweed::tumbleweed::surrender:

Guest MaloneFM

Can we change the subject now?

In my opinion that Enoch Powell was right with whatever he said. I dunno they comes over here eating all the dogs and they can't take the British weather.

Bloody Jade Goody..... :disapointed2se:

So David Attenbrough was wrong, you dinosaurs didn't die out 65 million years ago.

Dollymarie. I apologise for my comments. I'm not really a sexist pig, i made the comment about a woman writing the letter without really thinking and the reaction from RedM somehow seemed to spark the devil in me and i couldn't resist being a cheeky little monkey from there on in! Hopefully you will forgive me for my poor judgement in this situation?

And i too offer my apologies to Cheshire Red for hijacking the thread in such a juvenile way.

I accept your apology on behalf of the females on this forum, and women who go to football and do know what theyre talking about

However you must have got a man to help you with the prediction league?!

No one has helped me, I have got to where I have this season using my judgement and mine alone, I will take it you are making this particular comment jokingly and not rise to it any further.

Reaction, what reaction? I simply asked a question, the rest was down to you.

• Admin

See, that's where you are going wrong. You're too sensible. We just want to partake in some nonsensical rhetorical whingeing and someone comes along pointing out that in fact the referee may have been right. I for one don't want to hear that. He robbed us of a penalty when Lita pulled down Carey and that is all I shall remember about Saturday's homer of a ref.

;)

Archived