IGNORED

Having Full Live Radio Commentary Of Our Games

Never to the dark side

24,000 at the last away game(4,000 City fans excluded)

Reading is a smaller place than Bristol

Reading population 147,000

Bristol population 400,000

Reading have TWO radio station that cover their HOME games

BBC berkshire and Reading 107

So if our allegdly local radio station got its act together, Bristol City

should have full live radio coverage for all its league games(home and away)

Radio coverage is pale comparison to watching live on telly or actually being at the game

It makes no difference to me as I have been to every game home and away this season

The corner I am fighting for is the following groups of City fans who some of us may have been in

at one time or another

short of money

minor domestic situation baby sitter not turning up

at work college school delivery driver taxi driver etc

confined to bed with minor illness

hospitalised

mobilty difficulties

visual impairment

we all pay 140 quid a year for the privilidge of BBC bristol not supplying what other football teams get as a right

So for all of you(like me) who will be heading Derby you can hear Derby v City on DAB 104:5 95:3 AND 96:0

Radio Bristols listening figures have been falling for quite some time.

By the way would you like the full live radio commentary of the game from BBC berkshire of the game against the city?

NO CHARGE!

No thanks mucker, but thanks for the offer.

It's little wonder Radio bristols listening figures have been dropping, simply put the radio station is s**t. It has no broad appeal.

As for it's matchday coverage, in fairness I find it hard to knock it, although I wish the idiots that commentate on games would show some decorum and not shout while describing goals ect.

BBC Radio Twentyman's coverage is not great but it's the best we've got so don't knock it too much.

GWR aren't interested til we get to Wembley, Original Jed Pitman FM are the best of the commercial

stations but still could do better.

And on ITV we can now see highlights from Plymouth!

It'll be interesting to see what the Beeb do with Champsionship highlights next season.

Firstly I don't think any local BBC radio station does not cover its local football team in one way or another with Radio commentary

Secondly there are no plans for BBC west and BBC spotlight(devon and cornwall areas)

to get married like ITV West anbd ITV west country did recently

So when season 2009/10 starts the local BBC west news will be back to FIVE local teams

City Rovers Swindon Cheltenham and Yeovil

BBC spotlight will have control of Plymouth Exeter and joint control of YEOVIL

from what I understand we will have highlights of our league games AFTER MOTD on saturday night

OOP's silly me, we WILL be on MOTD next season

Radio Bristols listening figures have been falling for quite some time.

By the way would you like the full live radio commentary of the game from BBC berkshire of the game against the city?

NO CHARGE!

What's your source that radio Bristol figures are dropping? Or is it just a statement that makes your constant berating of radio Bristol seem more credible?

Archived